“A sleep box”
Review of Hotel City Plaza 7

Hotel City Plaza 7
Ranked #52 of 106 Hotels in Chandigarh
Reviewed July 17, 2013

In 2012, we traveled in India for 3 months from Gujurat to Ladakh to Sikkim. We visited many places and stayed in perhaps 25 different hotels, some of which so crappy we were relieved to leave the next day (or sometimes actually turned away and didn't stay at all), some so beautiful and welcoming we had lots of regrets leaving them behind when the time would come to move to a new destination.
Our budget was about 2000 Rs per night, and we were usually booking places on internet one or two days prior to arrival.

We arrived in Chandigarh by a morning train and had a rickshaw drop us a the hotel city plaza. At first, we couldn't believe him: there was a sign, and a row of closed shops, nothing that looked like a hotel.

It turned out he was right though, as there was a simple house door with a stairs, and on the first floor indeed a small hotel reception. The room that we were shown was dark (no window), damp and overall not at all welcoming. We turned back and stayed at the City Heart (more expensive though, but certainly worth the 1000 Rs or so price difference in our view).

Room Tip: Chose another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Decent accomodation. The rooms are clean and well furnished. Good location. Near to both railway station and airport (easy to get auto rickshaws).
The hotel is worth the money paid. We were given extra beds (as paid for) on time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We just stayed for one night.
Good points - location is nearer to railway station. Many hotels nearby so having dinner was not a problem.

Bad points - There were mosquito in room. Room appearance was just about ok.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel is close to many restaurants which is probably the only reason I rate this hotel as average. No windows in the deluxe room and hence the air is a bit stale. There was an AC which went on and off several times during the night. The room is good enough if you plan to just sleep here and spend the rest of the time outside. Maybe you cannot expect much anyway for the price (I paid Rs.1400 for a night).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice hotel with good facilities. Location is the advantage. Room was good and so was the service.
Very good staff, available for any kind of request. Overall I can say that my stay was a pleasant one.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

When they asked me to pay the whole amount upfront just to book, I should have known something was amiss. The "hotel" is a little hole in wall, amidst a whole bunch of shops and with no lift, you have to climb a bunch of dingy stairs to reach it on the second floor, above some travel agency! If that wasn't enough, the hotel had no windows and all the linen was being changed at the reception! The room itself was poorly furnished, in terrible condition and had tiles lining the wall like a bathroom! All in all, a really dreary stay!

On our way back, we stayed at Corporate Inn, a much MUCH better hotel. This time, we didn't pay a paisa to book and was so much cheaper than "hotel" Ctiy Plaza!

Room Tip: Dont choose a room here
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mnanne
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was my second visit to this hotel and as I checked-in this manager gave me a smile and welcomed me in a more polite manner. Staff made me feel like home and I was surprised that they knew everything which I demanded last time as when I enterd the room water bottle was already there on my table and after 5 mins waiter came to my room with a cup of tea. Room service was excellent, room was neat and clean as was last time. Food was also good. Now this hotel is going to be my permanent hotel and this is because of very well behaved polite and courteous staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family