“Exotic, No, Expensive, Yes!”
Review of Patliputra Exotica

Patliputra Exotica
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Patna
Philippines
“Exotic, No, Expensive, Yes!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was staying at a near by Hotel. I had to extend the stay, but rooms were not available. So i walked in to this Patliputa Exotica. Luckily or unluckily a room was available. My very first encounter was bitter. Since i didn't enter with my luggage, the hotel security guard, thought i was a Big Bazar customer and just loitering around. His greeting was "Kya chahiye"? what do you want?. I said, i want to find a room in the Hotel. His next question was, do you know that this is a five star hotel?. I realized that, it was a mistake to enter a hotel pretending to be a five star hotel, clad in simple jeans and a T-Shirt. Any way, i dismissed the arrogance of the security and pushed my way to the reception. Thanks, to the good reception by the staff, i decided to go ahead and try out the Hotel. First thing first, the massive glittering building you see in here is not entirely that of the Hotel. It actually belongs to Big Bazar. Hotel is located few floors on top of the Big Bazar. For a business traveler, big bazar is more of a nuisance than a facility.

Hotel room is well spaced with reasonable amenities. Food is reasonably good. House keeping staff seem to be trained to be frugal. View from the room depends on your luck and i was not the lucky one. Wireless internet services are totally unreliable and absence of a walking space and other facilities are a big disappointment. I know that, the hotel tariffs in Patna are very high. Yet, i as astonished at the audacity of this hotel to charge five star tariff with such 2 star facilities!. Given its location, construction design, etc. i see no chance of this hotel can improve. I'll completely avoid this hotel in my future trips to Patna.

Room Tip: Road side room is better. However, the rooms are ridiculously over priced.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank HARI_2068
NirajKr_Sinha, General Manager at Patliputra Exotica, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Mr. Hari

Greetings from PATLIPUTRA EXOTICA, PATNA.

We were really delighted for giving us an opportunity to serve you at Patliputra Exotica, Patna.

We do accept that there was an unacceptable service failure from our end especially when you walk to see something better or at least the same what you have experienced earlier. The corrective measures with the concerned departments has been taken taken to improve our guest satisfaction and the same mistakes do not repeat in future.

Please do accept my heartily apologies for the inconveniences caused from my team to you & to your guest.

Thank you once again for taking time to tell us in detail about your feedback during your recent visit at Patliputra Exotica. I am sure you will experience the difference on your next visit. We are sincerely committed to improve and your suggestions were really valuable.

We sincerely look forward to see you once again & assuring you for best of the services. Please do not hesitate to leave me a message or call me if anything better can be done to improve further for your next stay with us

Niraj Kumar Sinha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed February 2, 2014

was at the hotel for 3 Nights in Jan. nice new hotel, with decent service.
just that i struggled alot with the Internet connectivity, which nobody seemed to be able to resolve for 2 nights. however the effort made by the hotel staff was very sincere...

Overall comfortable stay and would definitely like to stay again.

Room Tip: Stay off the 5th floor - given the internet criticality
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank MaanavYashroy
NirajKr_Sinha, General Manager at Patliputra Exotica, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Mr. Manav

Greetings from PATLIPUTRA EXOTICA, PATNA.

We do accept that there was an unacceptable service failure from our end and the corrective measures with the IT departments had already been taken to avert the same in future.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Hotel Infrastructure - 4/5. Its a new hotel, so the rooms are built in new design. Rooms are spacious & clean. TV and AC are very good. Some construction work still ongoing. This hotel is just above Big Bazaar.
Staff services and courtesy - 2/5. Staff looks to be new here and could be trained better. They are not able to communicate fluently in English. Also, during my check out I observed a receptionist animatedly arguing with the manager over some matter, that too right in front of the customer!!
Room service & food - 2/5. The in-house restaurant leaves a lot to be said. Morning breakfast is complimentary, but you only get to order 1 item of your choice... there is no buffet breakfast. Room service menu is also limited.
Bathroom - 3/5. Bathroom is spacious with newer design features, however I found a large earthworm inside the pot and I had to promptly flush it !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Brijesh1002
Dear Mr. Brijesh

Greetings from PATLIPUTRA EXOTICA, PATNA.

We do accept that there was an unacceptable service failure from our end and the corrective measures with the concerned departments had already been taken to avert the same in future.

Lucknow, India
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I booked this hotel for our family's stay for 3 nights-4 days based on good rating on TripAdvisor.

We have stayed at several hotels of different price range and star levels at different cities in India. Price-wise this is on par with many better-class hotels. Its location is not the best and you wont find great views when you look out of the windows. However, I and my wife will fondly remember it for the clean, contemporary and comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sidd_Pandey_2014
NirajKr_Sinha, General Manager at Patliputra Exotica, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Pandey

Greetings from Patliputra Exotica, Patna!!!

We thank you for your feedback and I have shared the compliments with my entire team. We are glad you enjoyed all the services offered at our hotel. It is our constant endeavor to deliver the highest standards in service with a personal touch.

Team Patliputra Exotica, Patna a unit of Patliputra Entertainment Pvt. Ltd is looking forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back soon.

Pune, India
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Paying 8000 rupees, more than a five star hotel in mumbai, you would expect at least to get hot water and wifi, a quiet room and a decent breakfast.. But no... None of the above. Added to this was a sickening smell in the corridors, no place to enjoy sitting with our friends like a clean comfortable coffee shop... In fact no filtered coffee anyway! The staff tried their best and had very good English. The rooms were clean and comfortable but basic... And you had to ask often for replenishments, even of the towels! There was no pool, spa or other amenities

Room Tip: With parties on 7th floor and 3rd floor, rooms on 4-6th... You will just be lucky if there is no eve...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank morni108
NirajKr_Sinha, General Manager at Patliputra Exotica, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Mr.

Greetings from PATLIPUTRA EXOTICA, PATNA.

Your comments were really an eye opener for all of us and we do accept that there was an unacceptable service failure from our end. Please be rest assured that the corrective measures with the concerned departments has been taken to avert the same in future ensuring best of the services.

Niraj Kumar Sinha

Travelers are raving about these Patna hotels

Gurgao
Reviewed December 13, 2013

i was surprised to see very nice cozy hotel in Patna,very good location,very nice rooms & good Bar :),good hospitality,close to market & in the middle of City,very good meeting rooms & travel counter too

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
NirajKr_Sinha, General Manager at Patliputra Exotica, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Mr Amrendra

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I went to Patna after 20 years with my wife and 2.5 year old toddler. I wanted to stay in Maurya as I had heard about its reputation in past.

However, Maurya did not have room available for all the 4 days we wanted the lodging for. So we searched on internet and shortlisted a couple of hotels. We saw rooms at both Patliputra Exotica and Maurya and found the rooms in Patliputra to be much better in terms of both look & feel and price.

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and contemporary design of the room we stayed in. The restaurant on the 3rd floor was quite amazing too. The morning buffet, lunch and dinner bowled us over. I have never had such good daal (yellow lentil soup) with rice at any other restaurant anywhere in the world.

Icing on the cake was the professional staff at the reception and at other places. I cannot forget Mr. Pankaj for his helping nature and genuine care for guests.

I will highly recommend this hotel as a very good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Sid Pan

Greetings from Patliputra Exotica, Patna!!!

Our Sincere compliments for choosing Patliputra Exotica, Patna during your recent stay at Patna. It was our pleasure to serve you. We appreciate your valuable comment left at this place. Also please accept my sincere apology for responding you a bit late.

We would also like to share with you that Patliputra Exotica, Patna is successfully creating foot prints within the hustle and bustle lifestyle of the great city where it proudly boast the land of prominent personalities and features a prominent visionary accomplishments. In fact I have also conveyed your compliments for excellence to Mr Pankaj (FOA) on your behalf, which will boost his working within the organisation.