“very nice family hotel”

Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
srikakulam
“very nice family hotel”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Very nice experience and very cozy hotel to be enjoyed with family with fine dining and shopping options and ample parking place with lot of privacy and comfort. Very good hospitality. Excellent location.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chennai, India
Reviewed October 16, 2011

having stayed over two dozen times in Daspalla over the last few years, (Good location, used to be a very nice hotel), last week's visit was a disaster; this once-famous hotel's standards have fallen pathetically. Checking in late in the evening, after a long day, was an ordeal, as our "confirmed" booking was not on the computer, finally managed to get a room. There was no hot water in the bathroom and after seven complaints over 3 hours, a plumber turned up, did some work, and then vanished, saying it was "fixed", however the issue remained unresolved. Finally after much screaming at the reception they moved us to a 'better' room on the second floor. The bathrooms were stinking badly and the "hot water" was just a degree warmer than the cold water. Food ordered in the restaurant took over an hour to be delivered (and the place was quite empty). Finally got to bed around midnight, exhausted after battling with all these hassles. The availability of hot water I think continues to be a major technical issue in this hotel, also the bathrooms tend to stink when closed, I think the drains are clogged.There was absolutely no response from the manager on duty. They did not even bother to call me back even once, on the intercom. The grand finale was when the final bill had a charge of Rs 5/- for a phone call (the number turned out to be the manager's cell number) while the phone in the room was not functional! It is pathetic that such a standard hotel has slipped so much in their standards. Maybe nowadays they are always full and so they really dont care. I am certainly not going back (thus ending a six-year stint of not having stayed anywhere else) and there are many better hotels at this price range, equally centrally located.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor, these are "renovated" - slightly fresher & more mod...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Food and service are too good.This is the best place i like most in Vizag.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I prefer to stay at Daspalla whenever I visit Visakhapatnam. People are supportive and always polite while communicating us. Food is also good and price tag is reasonable.
They also serve excellent complementory buffet breakfast. overall is really good.

Room Tip: E club delux
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I am a handicapped and I went to Vizag along with my wife on a pleasure trip. Finally there was no pleasure in the trip because of the Dasapalla. We stayed in Dasappalla and I hated the hotel this time. Initial treatment of the guest itself was a great failure. There was lot of difference in rooms facilities when they told me while booking over phone and when I occupied the room. Wrong people in front office. Pathetic food. I am suprised to get such a pathetic food from Dasapalla. This hotel used to be my one of the favourite hotels in Vizag for food. Hopeless room service this time. Fish fingers used to be my regular dish when ever I visit Dasapalla. Ordered room service for Fish fingers and Chicken manchuria. Fish fingers were too salty and got stink while eating. Chicken manchuria doesn't have salt and too spicy. Moreover they served cold. After speaking to room service people, they made it hot. In the night at 11.30 kitchen closed and only bisibele bath and curd rice available. How come a 3 star hotel close kitchen when all other 3 star hotels serving food 24 hrs? I have ordered for what ever available. Food served in rusted bowls. I have taken photographs too. I was irritated and banged the reception and room service people to cancel the order. Next day my wife effected with de hydration due to bad chicken quality. There was no medical service available. Finally when I made a complaint to General Manager and Front Office Manager they managed to get my needs done. This shouldn't be the case with a star hotel. I really hated it. Thanks to GM and FOM for the responsibility they felt for us. Kitchen staff, Room service and Front office staff are unfit to be worked in a star hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Vijay K
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The hotel seemed to me overrated in quality as well as ambience. The reception area has a distinct smell whenever you go there; which didn't seem good to me. Food quality is also average. Room service is good. Location is very good-almost in the centre of city. Room linen requires a lot of improvement. Ventilation is poor.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed in Hotel Daspalla ,Surya Bagh,Viakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh with my wife in E Club Room of the Hotel and I and my wife are elder couple and on arrival we were welcomed with flower and were offered drink till our check in procedure was complete. Immediately Hotel Porter took our luggage in Trolley and were escorted to our Room which was well made, neat and clean, Bathroom also was very nicely cleaned with sets of towels and toiletries. In Fridge we were offered Fruit, Cold Drink and water bottles complimentry. The room had good airconditioing, LCD TV, Remote control for on and off of Room Lights,Fans. Room Service was very good when we ordered tea and sandwitch
and was received with reasonable time.
Next morning we received a call from reception and were asked how comfortbale is our stay and is there any requirement in the room to make stay more comfortable. In the night, we ordered complimentry cut fruit for 2 People and were served in clean and covered plate.I t consited 5 Fruits cut.

We had wonedrful sleep in the night and Next morning, we were offered complimentry Buffet break fast and the hotel restaurant Dimple.There were many south Indian dishes and also Juice,Lassi(Churned Curd) and fruits . We were also served eggs as per our choice. Only thing the restaurant lacked was long time in serving Fried Eggs,Omelette, Tea and coffee, We had to wait for the service these items for more than 10 minutes.
Except thiese slow service, we had wonderful choice of breakfast items. We were supripde that there were more than 12 people in service and why the delay was in service of ordered eggs and tea/coffee.

We also had South Indian unlimited Thali in Hotel restaurant were served south indian dishes which were very tasty and here also service was slow for required items as there were many people in restaurents.

The Location of Hotel very convenient for all types of travellers as Cinema Halls, Shops, Restaurants are situated in walking distance.

We selected the hotel on the basis of Review in Trip Adviser as I and my wife are 60 years and above and we were looking for hotel where we can get good hospitaly and all the things within easy reach.We could get transport like Auto Rickshaw easily.

Hotel has nice lobby to sit for relaxation well lit and lighting is also good We shall visit again and again. The Hotel has good Management, service at reception, room.I will recommend the hotel for business and leisure travellers.It is value for Money and make your stay pleasant and memorable.

We flew to and from Mumbai- Vizag by Jet Airways and had nice service during flight and at the airports.Flying with Jet Airways was very plesant and not tiring. Jet Airways had direct flight of 1 Hour Fifty Minutes from Mumbai-Vizag. We shall always use Jet Airways for our all future flights

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple