“Good value family resort”

Sai Priya Beach Resort
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is the first time I am writing a review. I with my husband stayed at this resort for 2 days and it was a pleasant holiday. We stayed in a newly renovated rooms, It is clean and well run and has everthing you need for a good family holiday. The bathroom facilities were well too. The beach was good too, very little crowded and you can have your piece of the beach, if I am to say.
All in all I can recommend this resort if you want a pleasant stay in a medium priced resort.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The first thing I want to say is that these guys are pure cheats!!

Before booking they had given quotation as below:
Standard AC @ 1700 per night
Classic AC @ 2000 per night
Premium AC @ 2500 per night

Not wanting to book the lowest standard room, I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights, classic AC @ 2000 per room per night. Out of the total of 12000/- I paid 50% in advance (6000/-) via bank transfer more than a month earlier.
On check-in they told me that my name is booked against Premium AC room @ 2500 per night !! Pretending as if they were all so honest, they also offered to show me the classic AC room which is an extremely small room and on the sideline of the property and told me that if I still wanted I could still opt for the classic room. I had no option but to stay in the premium AC room.
What I realized later on is that they showed me the standard AC room (priced at 1700) and duped me to believe that it is the classic AC. In effect, they actually sold me the Rs. 2000 room at Rs 2500.

Secondly, service is extremely slow and inefficient - just as an example 45 minutes and 4 phone calls later they managed to give some drinking water when we first checked in.

Thirdly, they advertize that they have a swimming pool. They actually allow all types of outside people to use the pool by taking a fee of Rs. 100 for each person. Even when we were staying in their rooms, we were asked to actually buy tickets to use the pool. We anyway decided against it and went for a bath in the sea since the pool was anyway full of filthy outsiders without any proper swimming attire.

There are tables in the lawn which is always buzzing the entire day (yes, even at noon time)with people (mostly outsiders, not hotel guests) drinking. Hence, the playarea beside that is essentially unusable by kids.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank pinaki_pal2002
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I am from kolakata and live in Hyderabad. We have been to this resort like over 5 times in the last 7 years. We have 2 young children & we absolutely love everything about it! We always request to stay in the top rooms as these have the best beach view. The food can not be faulted at all. It is very high quality and there is something different every night. The only bad point is service is slow at the beach area, apart from that this place is just great. It's like home from home, we love it and quite attached to the place. We always go in the summers, feels good to beat the heat at the beach!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Kunal2
Reviewed March 17, 2012

we booked through cleartrip for a stay of 3 nights at their wooden cottage, and as we turned up, those wooden cottages turned out to be some bamboo cottage with mud laid inside. Everything was dirty inside, a broken mirror, a broken plastic rack, a cupboard which is dirty as a dustbin. I never had such a shocking experience in my stay anywhere else. It was a typical servant cottage.Reporting to their manager was another shocking saga, someone doesn't care what his guests are going through. He straightaway told me, without any apology, you may opt for some other deluxe/ classic rooms and pay the extra part and blah blah....And I don't have any option either.. looks like a business strategy for them...We upgraded our stay there and moved out after 2 nights. There is no PRIVATE BEACH as they advertise on the web, it's just a small gate that their compound has, and that leads to the beach, thats all!!!The only good part is the location of the resort which is close to beach and the area is silent and remote from the hustle & bustles. But the rest are all BAD, their houses, staff, and room service. I don't recommend this to anyone,

Room Tip: Don't go to them
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SubhadeepDas
saipriyabeachresort, Manager at Sai Priya Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

We informed clear trip not to book wooden cottages as we are planning to renovate. on the arrival of the guest we have explained in detail and we have provided an upgraded a/c room without any charge.He enjoyed all the service from us. Still complaining in this way is not at all correct..We are very disppaionted with this review.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Booked on line thru' Cleartrip, the tariff was higher than what charged guests who booked staright with the Hotel...
We stayed there from 8th to 11th march 2012..it has the advantage of beach proximity but the service was real poor, slow and shoddy...more cleanliness is needed..should improve the over all facilities....lets say, it may have seen better days but now??...well, This property needs bucking up!!

Room Tip: Ask for Standard AC rooms new blocks
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Shrabani
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This was our first trip to vizag and We lived the holiday upto our expectations at this resort. Overall the resort was very good. Friendly helpfull staff, very good food. Grounds are very nice, lush gardens etc and room units are just a walk away from the beach. Beach is nice.
We rented a car and went all must see places around kailashagiri, bheemili beach, the submarine museum, dolphin nose and simhachalam. Vizag is indeed a great place!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shennoy
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We traveled with two children and three adults. Very good vacation. It was maintained well. Infact when we were spending time in the beach they had cleaned up the room without disturbing us.  Kids enjoyed  the swimming pool. The best experience was the breakfast, we enjoyed it in the balcony.

The overall ambience of the resort is great. So were the twin rooms (111 and 112) we were given.

• Stayed: December 2010