Meghalaya Hotel
V Hotel(Visakhapatnam)
Hotel Vivana(Visakhapatnam)
Ginger Vizag(Visakhapatnam)
View Hotel
Hotel Sri Maharaja Inn(Visakhapatnam)
View Hotel
All reviewsbar cum restaurantpleasant stay at hotelvisited vizaglaundry servicenorth indianvalue for moneyhotel is centrally locatedvizag citythe hotel staffbusiness triptariffteluguambience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I recently returned from Vizag where I stayed in hotel meghalaya and in my view this hotel does not deserve 3 star status. The room and bathroom was not very clean in the executive class. Food was OK but could have been better. Room service was not good also. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We just spent a weekend at the Hotel Meghalaya. Overall it's an average hotel. I'll first list the pros and cons. So, here goes:

Things going for the hotel:
1. Very accessible location.
2. Nice veg. restaurant.
3. Above avg. service.

Things against the hotel:
1. Room is quite small (though it has everything you expect it to).
2. Sheets used are old and it shows.
3. Some of the walls are damp and show cracks.

Overall, it was a pretty decent stay. We stayed in the 'Standard' room. There's royal room and executive suite as well, which I didn't get a chance to see. Maybe they are better. The service is quite good. The corridors are kept clean. Noise is minimal. However, there's some renovation going on so I expect it to be cleaner in a couple of months time. The room had everything even though it was a little too small. The things that it lacked are a mini-bar/fridge. Other than that, it was quite nice.

The location of the hotel is really good. It's just behind the main vizag city bus stand (called RTC complex). So there's no chance of getting lost. It's also pretty close to Kailasgiri and RK beach (about 3-4km.). It's about 2 km from the railway station, so that helps if you plan to go to Araku valley by train. The staff are courteous and generally quite good.

However, since the hotel has 3 banquet halls, and seems to be quite popular, finding a parking spot was quite a hassle since we drove to vizag in our car. The veg. restaurant was pretty good and is also quite popular with the locals since we had to wait for a table during dinner-time. Ordering from room service would be a better option if you don't have the patience to wait for a table.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed April 19, 2008

We have done my sister's marriage in Lotus hall on April 19. The services are very poor. Food is fine. The Standard guest rooms are better than Royal rooms. Few of the rooms(109, etc) have cracks. The room is burning hot when we entered though we informed them about our arrival 1hour before and it took some time to cool. We booked 8 rooms and I had to call 8 times requesting them to bring in water.
The reception by one of the sales staff is terrible and he does not even mind to hear the guests. God bless Hotel Meghalaya!!!
Overall, I am not satisfied with the service and I am not sure how they could get that 3star status.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2008

My daughter"s marriage was celebrated on 13-3-2008at the LOTUS banquet hall of hotel meghalaya.Visakhapatnam.Excellent arrangements was made by the hotel.Hotel rooms are neat and clean room service is excellent. The quality of food is very good and the charges are very reasonable.Our stay during the marriage at the hotel is very pleasant and we would like to visit the hotel again

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed June 19, 2007

We checked in the morning. The rooms were very good and clean. Restaurants served good breakfast and dinners. I would like to stay again in Meghalaya.

1  Thank KalpanaPune