“Good Location and Excellent”

Green Park - Visakhapatnam
Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Mysuru (Mysore), India
“Good Location and Excellent”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed quite a few times. staff were good. they ordered a suprise birthday cake and a small treat. Tulip, is a boutique restaurant with no frills yet extremely understated ambiance that is truly warm and inviting, restaurant and the location are special attraction. the hotel is at the heart of vizag.Over all,a positive experience

Room Tip: corner suites
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had an extremely bad experience with this hotel. I stayed at this hotel for a week and every night my friends in India will take us back to hotel. One night there was some OTHER guests of the hotel WHO WERE EXTREMELY DRUNK (think there are at least 4 drunk guys) and they were trying to get trouble with us (2 females), therefore my friends would like to escort us to our room as it's after midnight. I cannot believe the hotel staff was trying to block my friends from escorting us to our room and was EXTREMELY rude to my friends. The funny thing was NO ONE tried to help us to get the drunk guys away from us. I was extremely disappointed with this and I had to yell to the staff to get SOMEONE to friendly ask those drunk guys to go back to their room WHILE the front desk staff is STILL giving very rude attitude to my friend. The very next day, me and my friend were a bit uncomfortable with previous experience, but AS SECURITY reason i understood that my friends CANNOT escort us to the room, so i asked my friends to escort us to the elevator. BUT AGAIN, THE VERY SAME STAFF blocked my friends and WAS AGAIN VERY RUDE TO MY FRIENDS which i really did not understand. Honestly i did not feel safe with the security as the staff protected those trouble guests but being rude to us the female guests who is trying to ask our own friends to protect us. The very next day I talked and filed a complain to the manager and was told he would follow up with the situation. I wrote down my comments in black and white with my contact methods and even i emailed the hotel with a follow up email. Up until now, i am back to my hometown, no one respond back to me not even an apologize email or anything. I was very upset with this experience but there was one thing good about this hotel is the food is nice. Overall, my stay here is EXTREMELY unpleasant.

I booked this hotel via agoda and left the very same comment as aboved. I hope more people can read this such that they care be aware of the very same situation. After a month or so, I still haven't received any feedback from the hotel which is VERY disappointing. I will have chance to visit vizag again but definitely will not go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank YS L
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Ver nice place.Gives u a homely feeling.Right from the moment the cab turned off from the main road into the hotel campus,I had this feeling of having come to the right place.The big parking lot with abundant trees and shade gives off a wonderful feeling.Staff are courteous,sometimes slow though.Rooms are basic,clean,not too fancy.Location is just right with market,business centres and the beach within easy reach.
They even have a man posted at the airport who is fishing for customers.
Over all,a positive experience.May return if i land at Visakhapatnam.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sikkim, India
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It appears this restaurant and the hotel had been improving over the time... at least going by the previous reviews and our own personal experience which is extremely delightful at this restaurant.
We pen this review based on our dining experience at other hotel of vintage value in Visakhapatnam, that is truly legendary for its fame but delivered little value to us: the consumers.

Now, Tulip, is a boutique restaurant with no frills yet extremely understated ambiance that is truly warm and inviting. Its accentuated by the serene and soothing ambiance of the large and expansive lobby.

We are highly impressed with the following in particular:
Service: Excellent; specially of Mr.Nooka Raju and Mr.Easwara Rao, for their thoughtfulness, prompt and professional assistance in ushering the guests and ensuring that you are served at all the times under their watchful yet warm and supporting presence....
Little things such as filling in the water regularly without being prompted, clearing up and cleaning up the tables promptly without any interruption, asking about the quality and experience and guiding you to make the right choices etc., do count more than the mere food quality per se. Service is the epitome of excellence over here.

Restaurant Ambiance: nice, understated elegance spawns the whole environment; the contrasting lime green and cheerful yellow napkins and table mats I felt as the highlight. Its a visual feast.

Quality of Food: we have ordered the default choice of Veg Thali. Its just Yum n Delicious. Its equally interesting to see the presentation of the food in the normal humble Thali, but with a simple modish twist. Beautiful.

Portion Size: just right enough to whet your appetite and yet allow you to carry on with your routine specially during the lunch time:-) specially after such a wonderful delight

Billing: its bit pricey; but its accurate.

Overall experience: simply superb; couldnt have asked for more. Definitely worth a visit by family for the sheer delectable experience.

What could have helped it score another star from us:

- Fidelity of the music system needs improvement
- Thali can also a cup of Rasam and some handful of Fryums
- Thali can be accompanied with local AP specific powders and chutneys to embellish the culinary experience.

Retain the service and food quality ...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were in Vizag recently, on our way back from Arakku Valley, after spending a quiet Diwali there, and we stayed for a night at Green Park. We had requested for a late check out (instead of the usual 12 pm deadline), as my husband had various meetings through the day, and our flight was only in the late evening, which was complied with quite pleasantly by the front office, since my husband stays quite often with them. It was my first visit, however.
Actually, Green Park in Hyderabad has this somewhat dingy and cramped ambience, at least the restaurants do, truth be told, I havent stayed at the hotel in Hyderabad, but the restaurants are quite congested, with tables sharing elbow space, if you know what I mean.
But the Vizag property was really an eye-opener, in a good way. The lobby was spacious and well-lit, loved the grand banyan tree outside near the porch, and the rooms, although middling in size, were spic and span. We had some rather noisy residents next door, who were causing quite a racket late at night (10.30 pm), and since we were dead tired after a long road journey, I requested the front office to ask them to at least close their door, as the rooms are quite close to one another. Sure enough, in five minutes, the din was past us, and it was all quiet once again!
My only grouse: the Tycoons buffet, while extensive eough, reminded me of the rather claustrophobic ambience of Green Park restaurants in Hyderabad, low ceilings, not too many windows, wish the management could do something about it! The presentation of the buffet at Tycoons also has scope for improvement
But overall, I took back fond memories of a pleasant and warm stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The room we stayed in was small, but comfortable. Room service was prompt and friendly. The staff are courteous and hospitable, always smiling and greeting you whenever they meet you. The hotel is well maintained and given it's vintage in Vizag, I must say that they have kept up the standards that they were known for.

The food is good, especially the Andhra delicacies. The complimentary breakfast spread was huge and filling.

Green Park is centrally located and is a good place to stay at..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
kolkata
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for a night on an official trip to Vizag on this July.Rooms are spacious neat & clean,staffs are very friendly and helpful.Foods are excellent specially "Dum Biriyani".Very comfortable stay at chepaer price and close to RK beach.We had a early morning flight on very next day and they arranged the breakfast specillay for us at 5 a.m.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business