“comfortable hotel for business”

The Park Visakhapatnam
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Hi,

I travelled with mywife and son to Vizag in Dec'10. The stay in Park was comfortable. The rooms were clean and all facilities provided. The food was reasonable , though the choices were limited coampred to similar range of Hotels.

Though the beach is accessible from the hotel, it is rocky and you could not swim on the beach . You can go for a long stroll in the morning . Not many activities for children. It ius more of a business hotel

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
TheParkHotelVizag, Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Visakhapatnam and your feedback for the same. We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. We at The Park endeavor to provide an ambience for both business and leisure travelers and are often referred to as a contemporary designer boutique hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back at The Park Hotels across India and offering you a holistic stay experience.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

This property provides a luxurious space for all type of travelers, business, solo, or leisure. Great views of the sea from almost all the well appointed rooms.
The box was the best shop for in- house shopping of goodies. Lots and lots of out door games facilities like badminton, volley ball etc. Last but not the least Aura Spa was also a relaxing experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
TheParkHotelVizag, Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Visakhapatnam and your feedback.Your comments about our services are motivating for the entire team at The Park Visakhapatnam.The hotel amenities have been designed to deliver a relaxing experience every time you check in.
We look forward to welcoming you at The Park Hotels India wide.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

My stay at the Park Hotel was memorable. Great service by the staff and management. Lovely environment.... The food was really delicious. One must try the Chinese section. The pool was the best place where you sit and spend time. I hope I will be here soon as I am a frequent traveler. Thank You Park

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank monty9777
TheParkVisakha, Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay at The Park Visakhapatnam and appreciated our services at the hotel.
The team at The Park Hotels looks forward to having you check in with us again.

The Park Visakhaptanam

Reviewed February 6, 2011

During my recent visit to Visakhapatnam, I stayed here and found their luxury day spa and gym called Aura. Though I was on a business trip, I wanted to relax and get rid of the stress, so a spa was a must for me. I am quite impressed with the hospitality and the wellness therapies delivered here by the skillful staff. They offered and would happily recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing renovation. Once here you can also check out the pool area, gym and Yoga. Having food by the beachside is also superb.

• Stayed: January 2011
TheParkVisakha, Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging review. We are delighted to know that you had a good time at The Park Visakhapatnam. We endeavor to offer a venue where work blends with pleasure, and try to offer you the best of both worlds at The Park Visakhapatnam.
We will look forward to having you check in with us again.

Best Regards,

Stay Inspired™

AJIT SINGH GARCHA

The Park, Visakhapatnam

Reviewed January 30, 2011

i work for a news I Travel frequently and so wide across the globe. So am extremely familiar with grades of hospitality. This review is for the discerning traveller. I will relate our nightmarish stay at The Park, aam alleged 5 star property at vishakhapatanam or vizag. On the first of January 2011 We checked in. And were give a room. Once inside the shabby state of the room surprised me. The floor had stains. the hair dryer lying without a stand inches from the sink and potential danger for electrical appliances called water. The toilet was dirty and smelly. The phone was in the loo was missing. The open wire - all so visible.have uploaded some pictures.
Well there are two ways to tackle the situation. Blow your top and throw a tantrum or take it your stride. We were on holiday and these we minor issues, so me, my wife and my nine year old daughter trooped to the restaurant for lunch. A buffet for package traveller was on. We were not part of it. We ordered and waited. Waited for 40 minutes. The staff did not offer us even water. The table wasn't laid. Then I walked up twice to the staff and asked them what's up with our order. Then the order came. We ate. And left. Took a stroll to the sea and returned to the room to leave for the town. Suddenly my daughter had nausea. She started vomiting. By seven pm she was terribly sick. By eight she had vomited seven times. Had acute cramps in her stomach. Soon my wife had similar trouble. My constitution is much tougher. So I didn't puke out but had a severe stomach upset. We asked the hotel's consulting doctor to come and he diagnosed the problem as bad food and infection and prescribed antibiotics and other medicine. Then for three days of our stay we lived on rice and curd. Didn't venture out. Since the ladies were so unwell we couldn't contemplate travel. So were booked ourselves out of vizag for 4th Jan. On 4 th Jan morning, for our breakfast reached the restaurant. Since were observing extreme caution, my wife opted for boiled vegetables. She served a very small portion and was ready to eat when she found a sauté cockroach . Alarmed she called the staff. The only thing they did was take away the plate. It was perhaps a perfect end to a wretched stay. We left the hotel. Went to The taj gateway hotel. Had our breakfast almost at lunch time. Took the flight out of vizag, and reached hyderabd. And surprise surprise surprise our stomachs stabilized within 24 hours.
I have travelled too often and too long to know what bad food and what a hotel with bad habits is all about. Staff not greeting, not listening. Not laying tables, not leaving spoons and forks in olae when guest are there. We complained to the duty manager at the receptio . We we offered apologies, but I know no one meant it. My little daughter was unwell for 4 days. We spent money on doctor, medicine, and sleepless night. My wife was so sick, that she couldn't walk. I was offered that the hotel won't charge us for our food bill. I insisted I don't want this. But then I left as I didn't care. I had learnt a lesson. It came at a price. But now I could not resist the temptation of at least put on paper the horrific time we had at one the PARK properties.
Learn a lesson. Or maybe if indifference is a habit, forget it.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Rahshri21
TheParkVisakha, Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2011

Dear Mr. Shrivastava,

I have read your email numerous times and was trying to think of what to say. An apology is obvious, but seems to go nowhere in light of the extremely poor experience for you and your family at our hotel. It is rarely that I have to write letters like this and it is with a huge degree of disappointment that I do so. This is not the way that we have built our hard earned reputation as Visakhapatnam’s finest Hotel.

I can offer no excuse for what you encountered but only assure you that we have taken up the matter very seriously and addressed this issue at the highest level. Our guests certainly come with high expectations which we are usually very consistent in meeting.

I hope you will accept our apology and consider returning to the hotel and give us an opportunity to make amends.

If I may ask, is there anything at all, other than my most sincere apology and an assurance that we have attempted to teach ourselves a lesson from this, that we can do to elevate our reputation in your eyes and make up for this experience? If there is, I would be grateful to you for allowing us that opportunity.

Best Regards,

Stay Inspired™

AJIT SINGH GARCHA

The Park, Visakhapatnam

Reviewed December 22, 2010

The view from our rooms was Breath taking. Its a beach side hotel with a private Beach. The Rooms are Good But can be better. The restaurant is good with good delicasies. There is an Open Pool with an open Bar, Which is amazing. Plush green lawns and Superb View. Highly recommended

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank alliancekaran
Reviewed December 22, 2010

My stay in "The park hotel" was excellent. The ambience was gud,service was exceptional. The two days dat i spent there was as comfortable as it wud have been if i was at my own room.

The food in bamboo bay was amazing .
I would like to specially mention that the staff present there were very cooperative and well behaved. Also special thanks to Mr. Atulya Nidhi (one of the managers there) who made everything so easy nd comfortable .

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends