This is a rare genuine review of the Park.
This hotel isn't perfet but it's very good, and the commitment to customer service is excellent.
The communal areas are lovely, both indoors and out, although the outside furniture could be cleaner. The crows are a nuisance but need to be cleaned up after. The pool needs to be cleaned more too, preferably before/after hours. There is no drinks/food service offered to guest in the outside areas during the day.
The staff in the (very expensive) Spa need to give customers what they advertise and communicate with them better.
Breakfast is good (great coffee), and the meal we had in one of the restaurants was good too. The food and beer is prohibitively expensive though - if it had been cheaper the hotel would have made much more money out of us as the set up in the evening, with the peace and quiet and the lighting, is wonderful.
The rooms are very tired and are in need of a major overhaul. The bathrooms in particular are very grubby, and the soft furnishings (the sofa and rug in particular) in the room were dirty and need to be thrown away.
The staff here, though, are excellent. Every effort is made to accomodate the needs of guests, sometimes beyond what one might be entitled to reasonably expect.
I hope the owners of the Park know what a great team they have here.
Thanks for a great stay.
Tip: Please turn that awful corporate muzak off in the reception and dining room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Visakhapatnam is an urban beach resort overlooking the Bay of Bengal. The surrounding scenic beauty is a treat to the senses and creates a very tranquil atmosphere ideal for unwinding after a hard day’s work. The resort has a private beach area and beautifully manicured gardens with tiled pavilions. One may be forgiven to think that this resort is primarily for the leisure tourist however this is not the case, in fact quite the opposite - majority of the hotel’s guests come on work-related activities. The hotel is conveniently located and offers swift access to the city’s local railway and airport facilities (15 and 30 mins away respectively by car). The dining experience that you get here offers an unparalleled experience enhanced by the backdrop of orange sunsets and the glittering calmness of the sea. Bamboo Bay in its refurbished avatar reflects the rich ethnic heritage of East Indian tribal culture in a uniquely chic way. While Vista offers a highly appetizing spread ranging from Pan-Indian to authentic Italian gourmet food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Park Visakhapatnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Visakhapatnam Hotel Visakhapatnam
- Park Hotel Visakhapatnam
- The Park Hotel Visakhapatnam