What a hidden gem!
The Park at Vizag is an old property. And has challenges that comes with age.
At that is all the criticism I have!
We loved every minute of our stay there last week. Right from the courteous airport pick-up, through the seamless check-in process, up to the departure, we had a wonderful stay. The hotel has the best food in Vizag, with every restaurant competing to serve the most tasty fare. We stayed in a suite which was large, with a fantastic view of the gardens and the sea beyond. The bathroom is a bit small, but that is a very minor issue, considering the other merits.
The swimming pool and the gym are excellent. The poolside restaurant is lively and colourful, and a lovely place for an evening tipple. And they serve fantastic pizzas!
Their signature restaurant, Bamboo Bay, is a superb gourmet dining experience, and we kept going back since we could never have enough.
The coffee shop is good too, with great a-la carte food. The breakfast buffet can be improved upon, and the service spruced up as well.
The best part - the staff! We are used to friendly staff in Indian hotels, but The Park Vizag surprised me with its keen eye, friendly disposition and positive attitude and genuine warmth. The front office executives were superb, the driver who took us around courteous and knowledgeable, and the restaurant staff charming and helpful. Although the room service and house keeping folks can improve with training, they made up for it in their approach and sincerity.
Overall, a wonderful experience. The kids loved the place and the proximity to the beach made the stay even more special. Will definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Visakhapatnam is an urban beach resort overlooking the Bay of Bengal. The surrounding scenic beauty is a treat to the senses and creates a very tranquil atmosphere ideal for unwinding after a hard day’s work. The resort has a private beach area and beautifully manicured gardens with tiled pavilions.One may be forgiven to think that this resort is primarily for the leisure tourist however this is not the case, in fact quite the opposite - majority of the hotel’s guests come on work-related activities. The hotel is conveniently located and offers swift access to the city’s local railway and airport facilities (15 and 30 mins away respectively by car).The dining experience that you get here offers an unparalleled experience enhanced by the backdrop of orange sunsets and the glittering calmness of the sea. Bamboo Bay in its refurbished avatar reflects the rich ethnic heritage of East Indian tribal culture in a uniquely chic way. While Vista offers a highly appetising spread ranging from Pan-Indian to authentic Italian gourmet food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Park Visakhapatnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Visakhapatnam Hotel Visakhapatnam
- Park Hotel Visakhapatnam
- The Park Hotel Visakhapatnam