“Excellent Stay, Superb Staff...”

The Park Visakhapatnam
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Bangalore
“Excellent Stay, Superb Staff...”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

What a hidden gem!

The Park at Vizag is an old property. And has challenges that comes with age.

At that is all the criticism I have!

We loved every minute of our stay there last week. Right from the courteous airport pick-up, through the seamless check-in process, up to the departure, we had a wonderful stay. The hotel has the best food in Vizag, with every restaurant competing to serve the most tasty fare. We stayed in a suite which was large, with a fantastic view of the gardens and the sea beyond. The bathroom is a bit small, but that is a very minor issue, considering the other merits.

The swimming pool and the gym are excellent. The poolside restaurant is lively and colourful, and a lovely place for an evening tipple. And they serve fantastic pizzas!

Their signature restaurant, Bamboo Bay, is a superb gourmet dining experience, and we kept going back since we could never have enough.

The coffee shop is good too, with great a-la carte food. The breakfast buffet can be improved upon, and the service spruced up as well.

The best part - the staff! We are used to friendly staff in Indian hotels, but The Park Vizag surprised me with its keen eye, friendly disposition and positive attitude and genuine warmth. The front office executives were superb, the driver who took us around courteous and knowledgeable, and the restaurant staff charming and helpful. Although the room service and house keeping folks can improve with training, they made up for it in their approach and sincerity.

Overall, a wonderful experience. The kids loved the place and the proximity to the beach made the stay even more special. Will definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AjitGarcha, General Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear anirban72,

We thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel during your recent visit to Visakhapatnam and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.

We would like to express our gratitude for your appreciation of the services provided by the team.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Park, Visakhapatnam.

Warm Regards,
Ajit Singh Garcha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Bangalore
Reviewed April 21, 2013

What a hidden gem!

The Park at Vizag is an old property. And has challenges that comes with age.

At that is all the criticism I have!

Room Tip: Try 311. Also, rooms with bigger toilets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at \Park in \march. It was wonderful to see a brand finally living upto its name. The Park is sprawling over 6 acres ,all covered with gardens and a private beach. I had wanted to take a short break from work and hence went to Vizag, the hotel staff made me so comfortable that I did not want to leave the hotel to got out for sight seeing!!! The room directly overlooked the sea and though i have read some bad feedback about cleanliness in this forem, I had a wonderful experience with this housekeeping team as they were ever-ready to help me and make me comfortable. Do speak to Mr. Pankaj about your stay. He will ensure that your stay is most comfortable. And of course, I have to mention the Spa, Aura. Do try what they call Aura Massage. I cant just forget that experience. I must say. Whenever I am in Vizag it is The Park for me.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on 3rd floor....Cant beat that view ...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Neena M,

We thank you very much for taking time out to put in these kind words of encouragement and positive feedback for our hotel and the staff members on tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted to know that your stay was comfortable and memorable.

Looking forward to have you and your guests visit us again soon at The Park, Visakhapatnam

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed there for 3 days and the fact that it was a beach property was the highest point. The staff (specially the lady in charge of room cleaning) were very helpfull and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The Buffet spread could have been better in terms of variety of food. The garden and beach area were simply amazing. Would love to go there again !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
AjitGarcha, General Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Deepti R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us.

Your comments are extremely important to us, as it helps us to improve the services and facilities. I am delighted to know that we have once again met your expectations. Your feedback regarding the buffet has been shared with the Chef, we will work upon our buffet food to make it more exciting and sumptuous.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Best place to relax, cozy rooms and excellent beach view. The pub is exciting and great spread of food. Greenery around the place. The restaurants are very clean and staff very well behaved. Evening near the beach makes it more pleasant and wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Prantiks,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Park, Vizag.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The best part about the hotel is its location - nothing beats the joy of waking up to the sun-rays than watching a pristine patch of green leading upto the majestic ocean. I have treated myself to reading newspaper on wooden benches by the sea while the sea breeze gives a relaxing feeling.

The hotel is one of the older properties in Visakhapatnam and one of the only two which has a private access to the beach.

The rooms are clean, staff extremely courteous and helpful, picturesque restaurants, state-of-the-art gym, reading room, a life size chess board - the hotel is a treat to the eyes.

The food is excellent but menu seems to designed more for tourists from the western world.

Excellent property but on the expensive side (Rs. 6K per night and 900 per person buffet dinner) Recommended for a lazy vacation with family

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor and above in the left wing of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear abhijit_bhavsar

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that we have once again met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay at The Park, Visakhapatnam.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel recently for 3 nights and the hospitality of the staff made my stay extremely comfortable and memorable. I booked my stay using MakeMyTrip.Com. When I was shown the room stating it has a pool view, I was disappointed as the pool was far off and view was not at all clear. On request, hotel staff identified another room for us which has great pool view.
Post then, in all my interactions with the hotel staff, I felt that staff is extremely polite, accommodating and ready to help. We were told about the free drive of ATP (all-terrain vehicles) which can be used by the families to drive on the beech. That was so much fun and my daughter simply loved the experience.
Their food is simply awesome…specially “Bamboo Bay” restaurant offers amazing “Thali” with lots of variety at a very reasonable price.
They have a private beech which also a big plus as you can enjoy beech without getting disturbed by unnecessary crowd.

The evenings near the beach side restaurant were very pleasant and delightful.

I think they can further improve the maintenance of their gardens, front view to give it a facelift. But despite that it gives a feel of classy, stylish (at some places) hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amit B,

I am delighted to know that we have once again met your expectations and your stay was enjoyable.