“Excellent property on the beach”

The Park Visakhapatnam
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The best part about the hotel is its location - nothing beats the joy of waking up to the sun-rays than watching a pristine patch of green leading upto the majestic ocean. I have treated myself to reading newspaper on wooden benches by the sea while the sea breeze gives a relaxing feeling.

The hotel is one of the older properties in Visakhapatnam and one of the only two which has a private access to the beach.

The rooms are clean, staff extremely courteous and helpful, picturesque restaurants, state-of-the-art gym, reading room, a life size chess board - the hotel is a treat to the eyes.

The food is excellent but menu seems to designed more for tourists from the western world.

Excellent property but on the expensive side (Rs. 6K per night and 900 per person buffet dinner) Recommended for a lazy vacation with family

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor and above in the left wing of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
AjitGarcha, General Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear abhijit_bhavsar

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that we have once again met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay at The Park, Visakhapatnam.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Park Visakhapatnam

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel recently for 3 nights and the hospitality of the staff made my stay extremely comfortable and memorable. I booked my stay using MakeMyTrip.Com. When I was shown the room stating it has a pool view, I was disappointed as the pool was far off and view was not at all clear. On request, hotel staff identified another room for us which has great pool view.
Post then, in all my interactions with the hotel staff, I felt that staff is extremely polite, accommodating and ready to help. We were told about the free drive of ATP (all-terrain vehicles) which can be used by the families to drive on the beech. That was so much fun and my daughter simply loved the experience.
Their food is simply awesome…specially “Bamboo Bay” restaurant offers amazing “Thali” with lots of variety at a very reasonable price.
They have a private beech which also a big plus as you can enjoy beech without getting disturbed by unnecessary crowd.

The evenings near the beach side restaurant were very pleasant and delightful.

I think they can further improve the maintenance of their gardens, front view to give it a facelift. But despite that it gives a feel of classy, stylish (at some places) hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Amit B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that we have once again met your expectations and your stay was enjoyable.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Park hotel where we stayed in Vizag is the only hotel with a private beach and excellent scenic view from the room, also the lawns & gardens are maintained well. we stayed for 03 days and enjoyed every moment. The evenings near the beach side restaurant were very pleasant and delightful. The spa facility is excellent, to add on the staff is very helpful and courteous, it was really great to be here and the surprise package is the Bar and Disc on the 4th Floor called Some Place Else.
Will definitely come back and stay here.

Room Tip: Prefer for a top floor room to have the best view during your stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
AjitGarcha, General Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Nats N,

Your comments are extremely important to us, as it helps us to improve the services and facilities. I am delighted to know that we have once again met your expectations.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed from 15th to 18th March, 2013 for business purpose. I chose the hotel as it had the combination of sea and swimming pool for the best rate.
Small problems started from day one - room lock not working, no towels near the pool- which were solved. I was shocked that my room was not cleaned on 17th- the day i was expecting a guest. On checking, I was told by Samir, FO manager the 'house keeping was busy' and then offered a complimentary airport drop- imagine a 5 star hotel that does not care to clean your room, says they were busy and then offers you a Rs. 500 for its tardiness and your loss of face and business- all for Rs.7000 per day!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank profsray
AjitGarcha, General Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

March 22, 2013

Dear Prof Ray,

We are extremely disappointed to know that your experience at The Park, Visakhapatnam was unsatisfactory.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you but at the same time, I am surprised with the low ratings of your review:

1. The rate you have paid the hotel is Rs4050/- per night.

2. Mr. Sameer Mehta met you and apologised for the delay in servicing of your room on 17th March and offered you a complimentary car drop as a gesture from our side for the inconvenience.

3. Our house keeping team requested you to alllow us to service your room on mutiple occasions but you refused the service. We agree that our day service had got delayed and we were unable to clean your rooom while you were out, at no time had you mentioned to us that guests would be visiting and you need the room serviced early nor did you put up, "Please clean my room card" on your door for priority cleaning.

Mr. Ray we genuinely do attempt to ensure that all our guests enjoy their stay, we believe that we provide value for the very high standards that we have a reputaion for providing.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at agarcha@theparkhotels.com.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed under the sun and sea package for 4nights. Had a wonderful stay,Truly a well thought out, and well conceptualized hotel.
I recommend all to definitely come and stay here.

P.s the staff here is extremely hospitable. They always make me feel as if I have come back home after my long day and are also willing to take care of me.
The front office executive Biswapratim dasgupta is one of best person i have seen in this industry, very humble and a wonderful person at heart.

Thank you park for being so warm and hospitable.

Room Tip: rooms on fourth floor for best view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sachin431
AjitGarcha, General Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Sachin,

Our staff pride themselves in making sure all of our guest needs are met at all times. I shall ensure that your words of appreciation are passed on to everyone, especially Bishwapratim.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This weekend gate-away vacation was the most relaxing vacation we ever had since long time. The Park hotel where we stayed had a private beach and our room was really clean and had a pretty view of the sea. We totally enjoyed our stay here in Vizag.

This is the only 5 star property in Vizag which has a private beach. There are other five star properties in Vizag like the Gateway Hotel by Taj and the Novotel hotel, but these hotels do not have direct access to the Beach and you have to cross a crowded street to get to the Beach. Hence they are not as convenient as the Park Hotel.

The food is also great here and we especially enjoyed the Italian food at the Aqua restaurant and the buffet menu at the Vista restaurant. The landscape is also beautiful with lush green lawns just before the golden sands.

I highly recommend this place for a quiet weekend gate-away.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe rooms as they are sea facing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Upendra13
AjitGarcha, General Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Upendra13,

We thank you very much for taking time out to put in these kind words of encouragement and positive feedback for our hotel and the staff members on tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted to know that your stay was comfortable and memorable.

Looking forward to have you and your guests visit us again soon at The Park, Visakhapatnam

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

if u want peace n quite...wanna b wit ur self then this should b ur choice...grt rooms...pvt beach...grt food n service n extremely hospitable staff....don miss it as there r many hotels on the beach front but park hotel is one of the best.....the span swimming pool are definetly worthwhile n the pool side restaurant is a grt option for a romantic dinner date. Indian hospitality n class at its best.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Bobby D
AjitGarcha, General Manager at The Park Visakhapatnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Bobby D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments about us on tripadvisor.com.

Our goal is to provide a memorable experience and we believe in genuine warmth and care. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed for stay with us.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.