“Feedback”

Sunray Village Resort
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Amazing property with the best staff ever to provide the best service round the clock. amazing higher management team with great General Manager and the banquet manager. The front desk guys, and all make a great team to give the best experience.

Room Tip: Depends on your requirement. Would suggest having a 3 bedded villa rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank gauravvizag
TeamSunray, Guest Relations Manager at Sunray Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide comment on your recent getaway to our beautiful resort. As you found out and have also commented upon, the best thing about a holiday at Sunray is the unbelievably warm and friendly staff that takes great pride in looking after our guests. I will most certainly pass on your comments to the team.

Warm Regards,
Guest Relations.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Nice place to relax and unwind. Service was exceptional, entire staff was eager to make your stay pleasant.

The villas were well designed and with large common areas for families to come together. Would highly recommend this resort for families.

Private pool and Children Play area were better than I was expecting, well maintained and designed. Go for this resort.

Only negative aspect is the wait time for buggy's on a weekend or holidays.

Room Tip: Ask for Villas near the main pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ajay D
TeamSunray, Guest Relations Manager at Sunray Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience with tripadvisor community.

We are glad to know that you had a memorable holiday experience with us.
Your kind comments regarding our services and facilities are greatly appreciated.

Sunray team awaits to host you and your family on your next scheduled visit.

Warm Regards,
Guest Relations Desk.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Situated much nearer Vizianagaram than Visakhapatnam Sun Ray is a delightful place to spend a few days. We spent 4 days there simply to relax after visiting friends in the area. We were the only white people there and were warmly welcomed by all of the staff. The information on the internet stated that there was continental as well as Indian cuisine, this proved not to be the case which could have been a problem for us as we do not like Indian food! It actually became a positive experience as, if we wanted to eat, we had to try new dishes. Some were successful, some not. The food tends to be spicier than in many other places but the staff helped us to select dishes that were more to our liking and reduced the spices. Value for money is amazing! The thick cut chips are better than most in the UK- they reminded of ones my grandmother used to make,- delicious!

The grounds of this resort are lovely and the new area being developed on the coast promises to maintain the high standard set by the "mother" resort.

Were there any problems? The room cleanliness, especially in the bathroom, needs to be improved. I understand the bathrooms are all having a major re-fit so this should raise the standard- provided they are well cleaned!

Wi-fi is only available in the lobby at the moment although we were told it is going to be available in all rooms before too long.

If they want Westerners to visit they have to understand that Western women swim! I was repeatedly asked if I would like a private pool - the answer was "No thank you" as the main pool was a better size for swimming. I had the feeling it was because I was a female in a swimsuit that I was being asked the question, rather than from a desire to "upgrade" me.

Would I stay here again? YES, absolutely. We were made to feel valued and welcome, nothing was too much trouble for them and all members of staff were friendly.

If workers in the hospitality industry in the UK want to improve their customer relations I suggest they go to Sun Ray to see how to do it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pam s
GM S, General Manager at Sunray Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am extremely flattered by your compliments about our customer relations approach. i am happy to know that you will give us another opportunity to host you again.

The "private pool" is a new facility opened just few weeks back, fitted with Jacuzzi this place is idle for tanning and relaxing in privacy. Please understand that this facility is offered on complimentary basis as could experience variety during your four day stay.

The improvements you suggested are discussed with respective teams and prompt action will be taken where ever required.

We await to welcome you on your next scheduled visit.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

A resort beyond imagination.The Plants,Roads, ambiance is beyond ones imagination.We conducted a meeting for 1800 people who had a great time being so close to nature.The walking paths,the jogging paths ,swimming pools with privacy were a great hit.The Lotus garden with all the fish was a start attraction for the visitors.The pollution free environment was a bonus. Kudos to the managment who are keeping the Resort so neat .

Room Tip: The Rooms around the swimming Pool are great
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank csrao57

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here!

We're really happy to hear you so enjoyed your vsit with us, and that you particularly enjoyed the
Ambience, Fish ponds, and the pollution free resort.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we certainly hope to welcome you back again one day.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

a holiday - What a better way to start the year
my trip to sun ray resort in first week of January 2013 was just perfect.
we were choosing the park for a 2 night package but some recent reviews were not up to the mark so we thought of trying something new.
sun ray resort was the place we thought of and i would say perfect.
huge huge resort with so many things to do for everyone.
the moment you enter u can have that feel. right on the entrance you are transferred to golf carts for in resort travel.
we were two families with young children and all 7 of us enjoyed our 3 nights stay to the maximum..
rooms - big, spacious, full of lights with balcony. led tvs tata sky, mini fridge and a very very comfortable bed. a common terrace in all the cottages. separate living area ( common to all the rooms of that cottage)
bathroom - not very big but clean.
swimming pool - i would say one of the finest i have visited in recent times. small one for kids and king size for adults.very very clean surrounded by coconut trees from all the sides. one can spend entire day here swimming,chatting by pool side or just sun bathing in the day or hot pakodas in the evening.
nights - total resort looks different in the night because of the lighting of all the areas. a walk after your dinner with your friends our spouse is must there.
entertainment - good indoor games for all the age group and a good size mini theater. my kids just loved it since i always carry some DVD of cartoon movies with me. and staff was ready to play it for my kids.
outdoor - cycling,jogging track, all outdoor games like cricket, tennis, badminton court all well maintained. fish pond is a place you can spend hours and hours.
restaurant - limited choice but good food.
pick up and drop from the station was also included in our package as well as sight seeing to city and Borra caves.
must mention is a trip to their upcoming beach property where you can find a very clean and maintained private beach. we just loved the place.
staff in the resort is very attentive and friendly.
special mention of Mr Kiran for his attentive nature and answering my all the queries.
since we booked two rooms and wanted to use the cottage living area also, we requested him to allot the other room in that cottage only if resort is fully booked. and he kept his words. in that way the entire cottage was used by us only.

areas need improvement -
Restaurant service is very slow and many staff does not understand English.
only one Restaurant with limited variety.
a spa is a must now days in star resorts.
a discotheque is also needed
Bathroom toiletries - need a makeover

But These were just my wishes otherwise without these things also i thoroughly enjoyed my stay and planning to visit again with a bigger group.

Room Tip: A Room On the first Floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank shailendraborar
GM S, General Manager at Sunray Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me first thank you for such a detailed review.
Me and my team are glad to know that your recent stay with your family was one to cherish.
your admiration for the resort amenities is warmly noted and we are happy to know that you would give us an opportunity to host you again in near future.

I will share your kind compliments with Mr Kiran.

The concerns you expressed will be seriously considered and improvements will be made in the specific areas.

Me and My team along with Mr Kiran await to serve you soon.

Durga Rao and Team

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Sunray village resorts. The ambience was impressive, and the food served was clearly above average.
However, I have one serious complaint: The banquet manager we interacted with, Mr. Apparao (whose name I do not hesitate to make public) overcharged us for the soft drinks we had, by at least five times the actual price. In-spite of our complaint, he refused to rectify his mistake. This incident spoiled our experience and I do not think I will ever visit this place again just because of this person. It is unfortunate that our interaction ended so bitterly given that I congratulated him for the service he provided during our stay.

Dr. D. V. Sreekanth
Vizianagaram

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank drsreekanth
GM S, General Manager at Sunray Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me first apologize for the inconvenience caused. i along with our F&B manager Mr Apparao went through your bill and found that the bitter experiences you have shared is just a case of misunderstanding.

The lunch buffet which has been finalized by you through email does not include comlimentary beverages. All the incidentals are chargeable, meaning any consumption other than the agreed upon menu is chargable and this is a standard practice in all hotels.

I am sending you email copy for your reference. please get in touch with me if you still have questions.

As you are happy with all the facilities and services please do consider giving us another oppurtunity to serve you again.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Hi,

I ever experienced with such eco-friendly resort before. The scenic beauty , well maintained gardens, roads, lawns, swimming pool, play grounds, parks are impressed me more. Rooms are well decorated and you will get all the amenities what you are expecting from star hotels. Last not the least, the GM, Executives, staffs and support-staffs are well disciplined and helpful. Foods are really good and healthy. Conference room, Gym, Multimedia room are worth able.

Bose.ashis@yahoo.co.in

Room Tip: pool side villas are excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank shihan1967
GM S, General Manager at Sunray Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that your recent trip to Sun Ray Village was one to cherish.

We are happy that you enjoyed our hospitality and amenities.

We look forward to welcome u again to Sun Ray.

Durga rao