“Excellent service!”

Ranked #4 of 70 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Was in this hotel between 11th and 14th April. Service is just superb - I would say best service I have seen after staying so many hotels in India! I would surely recommend this hotel - not only for excellent service, also for good view of the beach.

For my one and half years old son, we did not face any problem - everyone in the hotel was so nice, whenever we asked for the food for him - they prepared immediately and free of cost! I still remember my last year stay in Hotel Lalit (and many more hotels with such experience) - not only they charged more than 1000 rupees for one year old kid food, but service was also not upto the mark!

Overall it was really nice experience and thanks to all the staffs for making our stay enjoyable!

Room Tip: All the rooms are facing the sea I believe, if not ask for sea facing rooms - excellent view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GM-NVVB, General Manager at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Arindam,

We would like to thank you for your Fantastic review, always make us glad to hear the feedback from you and to know that our efforts to serve and provide you with a refreshing stay, were worth it! Your recommendation will definitely encourage us to continue focusing on guest satisfaction at any time in the future.

We strive to provide our guests exceptional service from the moment they arrive and it is great to hear we exceeded your expectations! We have very dedicated members of staff here who will be pleased to know their efforts have been recognized. Will definitely convey your appreciation of the property and the services to the Team.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and for staying with us here and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach.

COO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Turkish first
Dongguan, China
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at the Novotel in Zig (as I cannot spell Visakhapatnam let alone say it) for 3 nights on a recent business trip. Located opposite the beach it seems a good location and frequented by many foreigners. The check in was normal and I could not complain. My room on the 5th floor faced the sea and the road so although the view was a pleasant surprise, the road noise (with continual beeping of horns) did get a little annoying after 10pm.

My room was large and modern with a good bed and descent shower. If I had complaint it would be the free internet service was erratic and frustrating at times to keep connected.

The breakfast was reasonable and included in the price. I tried the terrace restaurant for dinner and although a little slow the meal was excellent. The overall service of the staff was also first rate.

My conclusions were I would happily stay at the Novotel in Zig next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stevelizhangjun
GM-NVVB, General Manager at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write your comment on your recent stay. I am delighted to know that you liked our product, surroundings, food & services. It is rewarding to hear encouraging words of appreciation from travelers such as your goodself.

We at Novotel, strives to exceed our guest’s expectations and your encouraging feedback will motivate us to scale greater heights of excellence. However, we regret for the discomfort you have faced with regards to the disruption in the Internet services.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stunning sea view, food very good, staff very helpful. The Lounge bar and barbeque at the roof top is just amazing. Rooms are clean and designed in new fashion...... Great place to visit with family for any celebrations and dinner parties....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GM-NVVB, General Manager at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Ms. Tanaya,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted that you spent a great time in our Hotel. We are happy that you were satisfied with our services.

It is very rewarding to hear from happy guests and a great motivation to go even further in our endeavors to exceed their expectations. I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received, the stunning sea view, clean rooms, and the staff performance. We brought your positive comments to the attention of the entire team.

We thank you for choosing Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach and look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you again soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 5, 2014

At the outset, fantastic property! Beautiful location and infrastructure. A bit on the pricey side but I truly believe one gets their money's worth at this hotel.

The reception is a bit of a mess, check in takes a while and apparently room requests (though made well in advance) are not taken seriously. I had to insist several times on a room of my choice. When I finally got a room of my choice, the electricals there failed! Not something I expected at Novotel!! After considerable delay, I was moved to a room that had a connecting door in the wall, that no one could explain. It had no bolt/lock on my side of the door! I had to switch 3 rooms before I was given a satisfactory one.

All the while, a Mr.Saurav at the front desk complicated matters. He was most unhelpful throughout and made us feel quite unwelcome. Despite mentioning that I had regularly visited the property (on corporate visits) and reasoning with him, he refused an upgrade and insisted on delaying, shifting us from one room to another, and being considerably rude. He actually called after the episode and informed me "I have no problem giving out rooms"...I didn't think it worth my time to respond to this comment. This put a major dampener on our visit.

The rest of the staff were ever-smiling, warm and friendly. They go out of their way to make your stay special and comfortable! Rooms are clean and well appointed. (The washbasins in the washroom could use some attention.) The food is fairly good (Zaffran for Indian food). Try a poolside dinner here, its an experience! The gym and infinity pool are fabulous! The complimentary breakfast is the regular star hotel fare, nothing out of the ordinary...

Ample local transport (autos) are available nearby, there is a movie theatre and fairly economical food court at the rear of the hotel.

In sum, an amazing experience. I would love to stay there again, but a couple of staff members at the reception could do with some training (please send Mr.Saurav for some training, from what I could see, he really needs to learn from his subordinates!). They ruin what would otherwise be a flawless experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are sea-facing. Higher floors are better (3rd floor and above) I liked the view from the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GM-NVVB, General Manager at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach as your preferred accommodation in Vizag. We appreciate the time taken in sharing your experience with us. I am glad that your experience at our hotel has been comfortable, however it does concern me that our staff who we consider as our most important asset have not lived upto your expectations. And I sincerely apologies for the shortcomings, but we remain grateful to you for allowing us to check ourselves for progress and improvement.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures through our regular training sessions to match the requirements and needs of our esteemed guests.

We value our guests’ feedback and take comments very seriously. We constantly strive to deliver superior accommodations to all guests, and will continue to work to ensure that all guest stays exceed expectations.

As you have mentioned in your review all other staffs were friendly and polite. Your compliment means a great deal to all of us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you like to discuss your thoughts further. Again, I extend my deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused and hope we get the opportunity to serve you better in future.

Firenze
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Surely the best hotel for foreigners in Vizag after having tested the other ones.
Stunning seaview, food very good, staff very helpful.

Room clean with new design. Pool with amazing sea view

Nothing to complain

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We were very happy to hear that you were so much pleased with the standard and level of hospitality you experienced in our hotel during your stay. Thank you for your encouraging comments about our staff. Your words of appreciation shall go a long way for the team to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again as soon as you are in Visakhapatnam!

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed here in Jan'14. The hotel overlooks the beach..hence each room has a beach view! The food was great...their lounge bar on the rooftop, Infinity, is a great place to relax & unwind.
Since we were celebrating my birthday, the staff sent a birthday cake n champagne to our room it was a lovely surprise!
Courtesy of the staff & attention to detail is commendable.
Overall a great experience and would definitely recommend it to all!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-NVVB, General Manager at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here at Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach. It is very satisfying and a content feeling to know that our guest has thoroughly enjoyed the stay in our hotel. It’s an honor to receive a rewarding feedback for the entire team from the experienced traveler such as your good self.

The entire team at our hotel is delighted to know that we in a very small way were part of your birthday celebrations. It gives me an immense pleasure to know that our hotel will be recognized through your experience.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Excellent location ,beachside. All the rooms are ocean facing. We stayed in 506,had marvelous view of beach as well as pool. Staff was very polite & prompt. Gym was spacious, well equipped, manned by efficient staff esp. trainer Ashish,Who was quite helpful.Infinity swimming pool was wonderful,especially swimming after sunset. Food in Square was excellent-dinner as well as breakfast buffet. Infinity restaurent on terrace was also very good. Jogging track on terrace was also good.

Room Tip: rooms in central wing on 5th,6th floor were with better view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GM-NVVB, General Manager at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Ms. Jyotsna,

Thank you very much for your special mention about Mr. Ashish-Gym Trainer. We have shared this compliment to him. All of us at Novotel Vishakhapatnam Varun Beach would like to offer our sincere thanks for your delightful review.

Recognition is very important to us as there is nothing more rewarding than a positive comment from a happy guest. We hope to see you again soon!