“One of the best in Vizag”

Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“One of the best in Vizag”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here on a weekend on our way back from Hyderabad to Delhi. Its around half an hour from the airport. The hotel is very nice, just a few steps away from the Ramakrishna Beach. You can actually walk down to the beach from the property ! Its plush in typical ITC standard. We got a sea facing club room which was very nice

Staff are friendly and attentive. Food is delicious to say the least. They have a wast spread of breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. The Wi-Fi ( unlike other hotels in Vizag) connection speed is good !

However my partner complained the Spa is below average. Think they should do something about it. But overall its a very good property. If not for the little blemish of Spa, it would have been 10 on 10 !

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea facing room !
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GREEDYPIG66
WHGrandBAy, Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comment. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us on trip advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. We assure you in making your stay as memorable any time you visit us. Your partner’s feed back on spa is noted for further action.

We look forward to welcoming you back to WelcomHotel Grand Bay.

You’re sincerely,

WelcomHotel Grand Bay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I happen to stay for a day on business visit. Hotel services are excellent with all required facilities. Staff at all level very courteous and ready to help. Good restaurant facility tool. Moreover, sea view from my room was added attraction.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tataria
WHGrandBAy, Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having stayed at the WelcomHotel Grand Bay, and posting your comments on trip advisor.
We are delighted to know that the services extended were upto your satisfactions and that your experience was a memorable one.
We look forward to welcoming you back at WelcomHotel Grand Bay

Regards

nyk
Reviewed July 24, 2012

this one is a good hotel situated right next to the beach lane and got good views and a lot of things happening around... just come down walking to the beach from the hotel (2-5 mins) and you are at the heart of the main beach...
the hotel is good , i find it a bit small and cramped up for space ! but that does not take away any credits , the hotel nice from inside and the breakfast offered at the restaurant on the ground floor level is excellent .. nice choice of food ! the rooms are good and the service is average... overall its a nice hotel...
you can get good deals as it faces tough comeptition from other hotels just across...........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank nyk1981
WHGrandBAy, Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

It gives us immense pleasure to know that your stay at the hotel was comfortable .
Thanks you for appreciating the hotel services and its location.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, Visakhapatnam.
Dallas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

i stayed in Grand Bay quite a few times . I love this hotel .The rooms are awesome,very comfortable beds.The washroom is also very good .They provide Fiama di wills products in the wash room.The mini bar is well stocked .The Dakshin serves very good south indian food.Try the mirapakai chicken here its truly andhra style chicken SPICY!!!! but tastes fantastic. Overall GrandBay serves very good food .Very helpful and efficient staff.i extended my stay in this hotel the previous time i stayed here after 4 hrs i got a call to attend a medical emergency ,i told them this problem and asked for a checkout but the hotel staff didn't charge me even a penny for those 4 hrs,thanks for their help.
I will definitely stay here next time i visit Visakhapatnam.

Room Tip: Get the beach view room .you will get a real good view of the beach.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PrasadManne
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments. Comments such as these works as a great source of inspiration for the team.
We look forward to be of service to you in the future

Yours Sincerely,

Indore, India
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed twise in Grand Bay, Visakhapatnam (an ITC WelcomHotel) in year 2012, The service and the cuisine continued to maintain the same quality.the breakfast and dinner buffet spreads have enough fare to ensure good wholesome food . nice experience

Room Tip: nice call , if you are selecting this when you are in vizag
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jai8371
WHGrandBAy, General Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We are happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a "WOW" experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality your home in the “City of Destiny.”

Chennai
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed for a week in Grand Bay, Visakhapatnam (an ITC WelcomHotel) in March 2012, my fourth visit to this comfortable hotel. The service and the cuisine continued to maintain the same quality. For health freaks like me, both the breakfast and dinner buffet spreads have enough fare to ensure good wholesome food. One can make good use of the gym, pool and the spa. But what I would recommend to a new visitor to Vizag is a long walk eastward on the beach road to climb up the steps to the Kailasgiri hill and back. It will take about two hours, but worth it. Start early morning, come back for a cool swim and a good healthy breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed at the WelcomHotel Grand Bay, and posting your comments on tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that the services extended were upto your satisfaction and that your experience was a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back at WelcomHotel Grand Bay

Regards

Team Management
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed at this property a couple of times and since I travel to Vizag on business trips, by the time I reach the hotel, I am really dead tired. But the staff at the hotel always succeeds in perking me up. Last time when I reached there (company booking), I was taken to the room and I hardly noticed that it was a not of the same category which was given to me on previous visits. Well, due to change in my designation, the staff got a bit confused but as soon as I reached the room, they again called up and asked me if I wanted to be upgraded. Well I was happy to be where I was but it was a nice gesture.
Nice room, clean and fresh... staff always eager to help you... good breakfast.. quick and organized room service... guests taken care nicely...great view... what more do you ask for....
Overall a nice experience and I always look forward to visiting the place. Someday, I'll bring my family here and hope that it will turn out to be an equally good experience...

Room Tip: Get a room with the beach view.... higher the better
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing your time to post the review. Feedback such as these keep us motivated to deliver upon the world class services we aspire to.

We look forward to welcoming you & your family at WelcomHotel Grand Bay