“Very nice suites, but service is poor” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ellaa Hotel
Ranked #33 of 305 Hotels in Hyderabad
Bengaluru, India
“Very nice suites, but service is poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

The suites are very nice - bedroom, bathroom, living room and kichenette combined.

However, the service needs serious attention - room service, housekeeping, and the reception staff.

Sleep Quality
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
EllaaHotels, General Manager at Ellaa Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay at Ellaa Hotels.

Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning curve, understanding and catering to the needs of the esteemed guests. On this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

To restore your faith back in the hotel, I would request you to let me know your next visit and I will personally look after your stay arrangements.

Thank you for your valuable time and consideration. Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact me at your convenience to ashish@ellaahotels.com

Ashish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

If you need to be in Gachibowli, great location. Excellent rooms and hotel's amenities are wonderful (gym, restaurants, etc...) However, the service at this hotel is pitiful. They treat you not as a customer, but as a burden.

vns
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

The ambience and location are very good but the hospitality is very poor. Never have we experienced such bad hospitality. The staff look at you as if to ask 'why are you here?' May be it is a result of a sick work culture of the whole system (as it seemed to be). Housekeeping is slightly better but after all the fact that it has grown from the same system is reflected in their apathy. I suggest management to wake up.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — services
1 Thank jaguar64

Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

This is a nice hotel, and it appears to be a new property. The breakfast spread is quite good, but not as varied as at Novotel where I stayed on previous visits. I stayed on a room on the 5th floor which was as cramped as I can remember Novotel to be. The buffet dinners are as pricey as Novotel. The outdoor Kebab Pavilion is a nice escape, but beware of the mosquitoes. The wireless is very pricey, and not at all business-traveler friendly. As at Novotel, this hotel too needs to plan the room furniture better - it will be helpful to have a phone at the workstation, and an ethernet port: most international travelers will have to conduct business in the late hours. The bathroom needs an exhaust fan - it starts to smell musty. The airconditioner controls did not seem too responsive.

On the plus sides, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The Andhra food at the buffet is mind-blowing! The location is quite good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank erudite_30

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of Ellaa Hotels on TripAdvisor

We are extremely happy that you had a memorable experience during your stay. We are glad to hear that you liked our services, we now have the free WIFI facility and your other concerns has been noted and has been shared with the team in high concerns, we are committed to serve you better.

Your word of appreciation is an encouragement for us.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you again to Ellaa Hotels!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

Very nice hote, with great service. The food is very good (I ate mostly the Indian food at the main restaurant), the thai spa is amazing with real thai massages for a very good price. The room (2 room-suite) was spacious and had all the amenities needed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of Ellaa Hotels on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to know that you liked our Hotel service and facilities. We are continuously striving to improve our guests’ overall experience. Comments from our esteemed guests like you propel us in our quest of raising the bar.
I have shared your feedback with my team. Your word of appreciation is an encouragement for us.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ellaa Hotels!

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

Value for money, this hotel is a boon in disguise for the business traveller.
I travel quite a lot and have been compelled to look for budget hotel, for all the cost cutting measures of late, and i must say this was a relief among the long list of properties that I have stayed in the recent past in South India.
First and foremost is the location of the property - right in the centre of most happening activities in Gachibowli. Hardly 10-15 minutes drive and you can cover any business activity in Hitech City, Mindspace and Gachibowli area. No more waiting in traffic snarl ups.
Secondly I was pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the staff. Very helpful bunch of people. I had booked a normal room, but I was upgraded to a suite. It was a pretty big room and I must say this was a real stael for the money that I paid for a normal room. This had a large bedroom, with a living room/study and a pantry/ heating place for food. There was refrigerator and a microwave, one could use this as a studio apartment. The toilet was very spacious with a separate shower and a bathtub.
I did not have much time to check out all the restaurants. At the end of the day, unwinded in the Rocks - the longe bar. The chic sundown lounge bar is perfect for informal meetings or to just relax over drinks.
I must say it was an unforgettable experience for me. And surely I will again come back here next tile while I am in Hyderabad.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

Just in the middle of city's busy - upmarket - trendy IT core - there is beautifull stay, sitting almost silently, offering one of the best staying experience Hyderaad can offer.
Me & my friend were just bombarded by the ambience (never expected it to be like this - thought - it must be some hotel around the corner), good food, nice in-room service - even during the wee hours, tremendously spacious rooms and absolutely a positive thing when it comes to value for money.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — Nothing really :-)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends