“A huge disappointment”
Review of Sahib Sindh Sultan

Sahib Sindh Sultan
Ranked #102 of 5,748 Restaurants in Hyderabad
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jubilee Hills/Banjara Hills
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided this was a must-try. Although some complained about the service and stated that the food was just okay, we were intrigued by the website and many of the other more positive reviews.

I had a feeling we were in trouble when the hostess didn't even smile to welcome us. It became worse when the waiter was not only less than friendly, he kept looking at his watch when we were asking questions about the menu. Some of the things we wanted (the leg of lamb, for example) were not available. Hmmm. We had to continually ask for more water, and although I had ordered a glass of wine, I would have liked to have had another -- not only was our waiter absent, no one ever asked us how our food was (just okay). This was a major disappointment -- and I would rather not think that it is because three of us were Anglos (my daughter in law Indian). Near the end of the meal I watched our waiter pour water for the other tables around us, but not for us -- very disappointing, especially given the fact that the mural outside the restaurant reflects people from Great Britain making use of the train.

1  Thank BpDianeBruce

Reviewed July 15, 2013

sorry food was not yummy
i feels reviews are over hyped

though we had food as per recommendation of the staff, but failed to tickle our tongues

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have been to this place multiple time and always admire their food. I have tried different options from menu and all are equally good. I will always recommend this place for good food and ambiance.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

At first when one of my friend told me about the name, I had a weird reaction just like the name.
But enter the Train and you will get the Luxury in middle class expense.
The place is filled with innovative things, from the Train like shape of the resorant, to the MENU to the Waiters dress in TC uniform to the Delivery of Food.
Every thing is just well balanced.
They treat you well, place to sit is really nice, neat and clean, The crockery used to server is clean and good quality which matters in an over all dinner experience.

Also they give you lot of free stuff. Which is my fav part. The Chutney and the Murrabba muahhhhh
I loved them . They have very nice NON VEG here. I am veg but my friends says it is the best in hyd,
I loved the pineapple Halwa and hot fudge.
Also at the end they give you Khatta metta goli :)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good food. Great ambience.
Book in advance if you a planning to go there , as there are limited seats inside the train coach. Yes a train coach! The food is good , they serve an array of chutneys which are really different from what you get in the other restaurants in the city. Service is on the slower side. And the tables can be a little cleaner.
Must visit for the experience.