“Our Second Home & Dinning room”
Review of Dakshin

Dakshin
Ranked #1 of 5,656 Restaurants in Hyderabad
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Hyderabad, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Second Home & Dinning room”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Dakshin @ ITC Kakatiya has had a special place in our gastronomical journey & delights since its inception - Mr.Dharma, ambience and excellent food had been a familiar site from the beginning - Mr.Shankar, the chief chef always doles out our favourite dishes and needless to state that Mr.Shiva and his ever smiling team make us always feel at home.

1 Thank ganjipraveen
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this review, April 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent culinary experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your dining experience with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Munich, Germany
“Scintillating Candle Light Dinner @ Dakshin”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Candle light dinner at Dakshin for our first date has indeed left me and my fiancée with a breathtaking and superb experience that is indescribable in words. Even after two weeks every moment of that brilliant evening is literally lingering in the two of our minds all the time. The entire credit does indeed go to the staff at Dakshin.

Living abroad and trying to arrange a decent candle light dinner for our first date in Hyderabad definitely proved to be a herculean task initially. Like every one of us, I eventually resorted to trip advisor and luckily came across the description of previous such arrangement at Dakshin. I immediately reached Shiva at Dakshin and from that point on he simply made my life easy. Now, if you even remotely think that you can imagine the evening from the pictures, then please don’t. The pictures do not do any justice at all to what the entire experience was going to be like.

Shiva promised me a mesmerizing evening and as promised he delivered to the core of every one of his words. He was completely accommodating even with a change in date and effectively addressed every one of my apprehensions with regards to the arrangements. Our evening was arranged in a brilliantly romantic private candle light setting with calming South Indian instrumental playing in the background. I couldn’t have done it better had I made the arrangements myself.

Dakshin’s food was simply excellent. Both my fiancée and I were of low expectations on this front before our arrival with both of us being South Indian and Vegetarian on top of it. We thought there isn’t much that Dakshin can amaze us here. But oh boy, were we wrong! Dakshin has showed us the finesse of South Indian cuisine and in addition, Shiva paid special attention to make sure that we get to taste all the vegetarian culinary delights at ITC Kakatiya. To top it off, our food was served by excellent service conscious people. We will remember forever the smiles of Archana, Krushant and Patel.

I could go on and on but in simple terms – the very existence of Dakshin has left me and my fiancée with an amazing and most memorable evening. The entire experience has been beyond imagination and once again kudos to Shiva, Archana, Krushant , Patel and all the other staff at Dakshin who made such a romantic dinner possible for us.

1 Thank Swaroop N

Thrissur, India
“The homecoming destination”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Clamorous but warm, with a rosy glowing ambiance and an eclectic yet reasonably priced diverse South Indian menu, Dakshin is a haven for these nervous times. Feeling wrung out poring over balance sheets?Why don't you,weary traveler,ask the Chef to whip up something that soothes your fear of upcoming deadlines?Tried and tested,I must say the the Chef Lakshit's craft has come through a long arduous path of evolution since 2010 and is at it's pinnacle now.The various occasions and celebrations at every stop of the Indian Calender,makes this the destination for the wandering South Indian businessperson in Hyderabad and also to amateurs wanting to try out South Indian food for the very first time.All in all, Dakshin at Hyderabad is undoubtedly the best South Indian restaurant in the country.Period.

1 Thank Dvkashnkr

“Excellent food”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

One can find enough restaurants in Hyderabad that will serve boring dosas and idlis but for special occassions fortunately there is ITC Kakatiya's Dakshin that will surprise you with south indian dishes from all the states. The ambience and food at Dakshin is very authentic. Start with a refreshing coconut mocktail and assortment of mini dosas and andhra chicken. The collection of chutneys and papads on the side will tantelize your taste buds :) Sit and back and enjoy the hospitality of the handsome chef Lakshit and his team. You can even see fresh appams getting cooked at the open kitchen. Next you can move to the main course. We had yummy kai stew cooked in tender coconut milk and kori gassi chicken.Finish this grand meal with hot filter coffee. At the exit dont forget to pick sweet paan :)

Mumbai
“If I'd return to Hyderabad, it'll be for Dakshin!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Being a connoisseur of food, I try the best of the places I visit. The highlight of my recent trip to Hyderabad, was my visit to ITC Kakatiya!
Chef Lakshit and his team took great care of us at the Dakshin restaurant (Hyderabadi cuisine), and served me one of the best meals I've ever eaten...
The food quality and flavor was outstanding - the biryani, prawn curry and uppams were out of this world!
A visit the Hyderabad cannot be complete without enjoying the warm hospitality and great food at Dakshin @ ITC, Hyderabad.

• Visited March 2013