I guess in India any resort with spa gets a 5 star. Also different websites show different stars so I am really confused about this hotel.
We spent 4 days in this hotel and below are my comments.
1. Check in process was smooth and the front desk knew what they were doing. We were then ushered to our room but the lady was very rude and did not smile even once during the walk. We asked her about something and she tried to ignore us.
2. We were in Garden Villa and the room was really small. From the website it looks like this room has balcony but it does not.
3. The room was very close to the pool so we could hear a lot of corporate crowd which came for the day outing. I somehow felt they got a better deal since they did not pay exorbitant amount for room. There were corporate functions almost 3 days we were there.
4. The food quality was excellent. This was the resort's best feature. There is only one restaurant so it does get a bit boring.
5. Room service was also good. The servers expect tips and this did not make sense when you already paid a lot for the food.
6. Overall property was somehow not 5 star. There were plastic bottles and empty packets that were thrown into the lawn and fountains.
7. The restaurant team did arrange a surprise dinner for my wife on her birthday but it was very hard to arrange. I had to call them 3-4 times and somehow they did not seem to know what I was asking.
8. We did use the spa and it was very relaxing. We were served tea after the message which had a fly in it:) This shows the overall quality of maintenance here.
9. One night there was loud noise from the corporate party at 12:00 and I asked the reception to have them tone it down. Guy at reception told me it is not possible. Are you kidding me?
Hence, I rate my experience 3. Its a nice place to spend time if your company is paying for it but personally I am not a big fan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right next to the picturesque Osman Sagar lake in serene, salubrious surroundings, the Golkonda Resorts and Spa unveils a whole new appreciation of the soul-stirring enchantment of nature. It's here that you can unwind and make every moment worthwhile, in the midst of nature, lush green flora and alluring water bodies. Strategically located 7 km from the financial centre and 4 km off the express way and 12 kms from the IT hub and the heart of Hyderabad, the resort boasts itself as a city based resort ideally suited for both leisure and conferencing. With a distinctive identity derived from its role as a natural haven, there is everything to experience at Golkonda Resorts & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia and Hotel.de so you can book your The Golkonda Resorts & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golkonda Resort And Spa
- Golkonda Hotel Hyderabad