“Average Resort. Probably not a 5 star”

The Golkonda Resorts & Spa
Ranked #41 of 313 Hotels in Hyderabad
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Average Resort. Probably not a 5 star”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I guess in India any resort with spa gets a 5 star. Also different websites show different stars so I am really confused about this hotel.

We spent 4 days in this hotel and below are my comments.
1. Check in process was smooth and the front desk knew what they were doing. We were then ushered to our room but the lady was very rude and did not smile even once during the walk. We asked her about something and she tried to ignore us.
2. We were in Garden Villa and the room was really small. From the website it looks like this room has balcony but it does not.
3. The room was very close to the pool so we could hear a lot of corporate crowd which came for the day outing. I somehow felt they got a better deal since they did not pay exorbitant amount for room. There were corporate functions almost 3 days we were there.
4. The food quality was excellent. This was the resort's best feature. There is only one restaurant so it does get a bit boring.
5. Room service was also good. The servers expect tips and this did not make sense when you already paid a lot for the food.
6. Overall property was somehow not 5 star. There were plastic bottles and empty packets that were thrown into the lawn and fountains.
7. The restaurant team did arrange a surprise dinner for my wife on her birthday but it was very hard to arrange. I had to call them 3-4 times and somehow they did not seem to know what I was asking.
8. We did use the spa and it was very relaxing. We were served tea after the message which had a fly in it:) This shows the overall quality of maintenance here.
9. One night there was loud noise from the corporate party at 12:00 and I asked the reception to have them tone it down. Guy at reception told me it is not possible. Are you kidding me?

Hence, I rate my experience 3. Its a nice place to spend time if your company is paying for it but personally I am not a big fan.

Room Tip: Do not go for ground floor room. It feels like you lack privacy. Also ask for room which is away fro...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ravi S
GolkondaResort, Front Office Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Greetings from the Golkonda Resorts and Spa!

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at The Golkonda Resorts and Spa, Hyderabad. It’s a pleasure to have your valuable feedback and thank you for appreciating our product and services. We will definitely keep up the hold that we have achieved and will surely put in every possible effort to make it even more enjoyable for our guests. We have made a note of your few comments that you were not happy with and let me apologize for the same that happened during your stay with us.

It is feedback's like the one given by yourself, that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver superlative guest experiences. I sincerely hope this incident will not deter you from visiting us again.

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Hyderabad at Golkonda Resorts.

Assuring you of our best services each and every time you visit us.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Spent a couple of days attending a wedding. Although a bit far from the city and the airport , the ambience , arrangements, catering and facilities were excellent. Strolled across to the nearby lake for a good post breakfast walk .Wondered what the tall structure looking like a watch tower in a concentration camp was . One would have assumed that it is a roof top restaurant but no facilities were visible.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank g_subbu79
GolkondaResort, Front Office Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the Golkonda Resorts and Spa!

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at The Golkonda Resorts and Spa, Hyderabad. It’s a pleasure to have your valuable feedback and thank you for appreciating our product and services. We will definitely keep up the hold that we have achieved and will surely put in every possible effort’s to make it even more enjoyable for our guests.

It is feedbacks like the one given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver superlative guest experiences.

Assuring you of our best services each and every time you visit us.
Warm Regards!
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 17, 2014

the place looks good on many website, the property itself is about 15 years old, the maintenance in the room was very bad. The room service was terrible and they have us stale milk during in our hot chocolate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hyderabad
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I am writing this while still in the resort... Big risk & v daring, I must say..., no don't get me wrong it's not daring 'coz of the quality of the resort but I think it takes lots of courage to tell that you have been duped when you are still in the resort... I booked a day package with golkonda resort for a day package for 6 adults 1 kid 2 infant @ a price of 1200+ tax for adult but when I reached for lunch I was told I can use only 820 package..... V v bad.. In plain simple layman language this is cheating. My regular agent who never commits any mistake tells me it's 1200 package but the resort tells me different story but they also tell me that they can't connect with the sales rep of the resort.. All those who hv read my previous reviews will understand that I have always tried to find the best of the place I have been but I am being harsh as this is sheer cheating, whether by my agent or resort... Never had such exp with my agent so 1 can understand who is responsible. My point just avoid them even if you have xtra money to waste... Disgusting

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank vishal_online
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been here few times both for stay as well as day outing. Its a picture perfect resort. well made and maintain. Landscaping is amazing and makes you feel good. Welcome at reception is warm, staff behavior and service is nice and helpful
once you enter the room you will notice generous size of room and bed and wonderful bathroom space. the whole interior makes you comfortable.
outdoor activities are nice, Cycle riding, cricket, tennis, pool, and other indoor sports as well to keep you busy also they have kids pool and play and day care for Toddlers which is plus point and with very nice staffs to take care.
Food is fine I didn't found it great. Spa is very nice and authentic
Overall feeling was amazing and worth spending here.

Room Tip: Front row pool side room are very good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here for a day attending cousin's wedding. Food was good, rooms were clean and tidy and the service was decent. Swimming pool was clean and people were having good time out there. Lots of activities to do, they have a large ground where you can play badminton, cricket, lawn tennis etc.. In all a very good experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vishal J
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed February 8, 2014

What am amazing property!! The layout and landscaping is breath taking :)
wonderful swimming pool and long winding pathways to relax..
you will enjoy the open air bathrooms ;)
disclaimer..the food is just Ok