“WATER & GREENERY IN A DRY LANDSCAPE !”

The Golkonda Resorts & Spa
Ranked #43 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“WATER & GREENERY IN A DRY LANDSCAPE !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This 4-star Resort property is a real gem in the dry & crowded landscape around Hyderabad - only a half-hour from the Airport & situated away from the crowds & traffic of the City, near the Gandipet reservoir which supplies the City. It is sited on an old property of the Nizam's summer resort. It is indeed an oasis of calm, around 13 acres of well-landscaped greenery, trees & shrubbery with swimming pools in the middle, with cottages ringed around them. It has around 44 rooms, and with a large convention centre attached. A large open-air Amphitheatre with a Stage is suitable for shows & performances. It also has 'Angsana', a very good Spa, and a Gym, & also facilities for tennis, squash & indoor games.

The Cottage room we stayed in was well-appointed, a large bed-sitting room with an ample King-sized bed, a partitioned seating area for five with a flat-panel TV which could swivel for viewing from both the sitting area and the bed., minifridge, phone, chest of draws and wifi connection. There was also an attached large bathroom separated by another partitioned area with a sliding door, with large almirahs & a dressing area. The fittings included a large bathtub, a wash-basin on a platform, hair-dryer, ironing board, safe etc. There was also a small verandah just outside the room with an easychair, for lounging & taking in the poo & garden views.

All the amenities were in a good condition, & we only had a problem with the lamp over the washbasin mirror which was not working, and only two coathangers were to be seen in the Almirahs. Both these, were, however rectified quickly when we complained to Housekeeping ! Room service was also surprisingly quick, considering the fair distance from the kitchen.

The Resort has a Coffee Shop cum multi-cuisined restaurant, as well as a Tower Restaurant with a panoramic view. We found the buffet breakfasts & lunches quite ample & varied with a fair choice of Western, Indian & S.Indian cuisine. Overall food quality was quite good. The classic cocktails we ordered from the Bar were quite nicely prepared & served. Even though the meals were buffet-style mostly, even our a la carte orders were also served promptly without complaint or much delay. The F&B Manager as well as the waiters, both male & female, were always pleasant & eager to please.

My wife used the services of the Spa, & said that the Thai-based massage treatment was quite good.

All in all, a very good option to escape the noise & bustle of Hyderabad, especially for a quiet & relaxing weekend ! But do try to check in advance whether any Corporate Meets are planned, which could ruin all the peace & quiet !

Room Tip: You may wish to choose the cottages at the rear of the property, slightly away from the pools &...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GolkondaResort, Front Office Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Mr.Kumar,
Greetings from the Golkonda Resorts and Spa!

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at The Golkonda Resorts and Spa, Hyderabad. It’s a pleasure to have your valuable feedback and thank you for appreciating our product and services. We will definitely keep up the hold that we have achieved and will surely put in every possible effort’s to make it even more enjoyable for our guests.

It is feedbacks like the one given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver superlative guest experiences.

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Hyderabad at Golkonda Resorts.

Warm Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I just had a bad experience with these guys. After booking a reservation well in advance, they canceled the reservation on the last day due to some maintenance problem and they offered me a choice to stay at they Hotel instead of the Resort. I outright rejected their proposal and asked them cancel it.

Even if the maintenance problem was genuine, I feel that they couldn't handle it well.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Golkonda Resorts and Spa, Hyderabad.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments on the quality of services. I would like to profusely apologize for inconvenience caused to you upon your visit. We do take great care that our esteemed guest don't face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning curve ,understanding and catering to the needs of the esteemed guests. I would like to assure you that matter has been taken up most strongly with the concerned department heads and necessary amends have been made to avoid the re-occurrence of such incidents.

Please may I request you to accept this as a deviation from our normal standards and request you to view this incident in isolation, please do not let it mar your impression of our Resort. I would urge you to give us another opportunity to make amends. Please route your reservation through my office so that I can personally handle your arrangements.

Thank you once again, for your valuable time and consideration. Assuring you of the best of attention and service at all times.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

This was my second visit and we did not find same kind of standard as the same we had in my first visit.
Starting from reception took 15 mins for Check In and no one escorted us. Also did not get any courtesy call because in my first visit we experienced it. We requested for late check out upon arrival and reception staff approved for the same but on next day we were start getting a call please vacate the room because our check out time is 12 noon. Staff needs more training specially at reception. Services of Housekeeping did not able to provide on time. I am surprised to see other good comments.
Food was good and restaurant staff was quite helpful. We were happy to see the surrounded greenery.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 53Venkat_2010

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We planned to spend our anniversary at this resort which I guess seems to be a wrong decision on our part. At the check-in I had mentioned this to the lady at the front desk that not to disappoint us on our anniversary and provide us with the best room she can. She made us wait for a while as she mentioned that the rooms are getting cleaned, this was at 1:30pm. We were then taken to the room which was an exactly I feared it to be. There were filthy stains on sofas and the room had a foul smell, I showed these to the bellboy who just smiled and said that he will bring in an “Air Freshener”. A guy then comes in with a can of air freshener and spray across the room.

Once we were settled in we then realized the condition of the room. There were stains across the walls and the furniture wasn’t even dusted. There were cracks on the walls and there was some patch work done on the wall which wasn’t even painted on. There was a small TV in the room which had an huge crack on the side. The bathroom was the worse with cracked tiles across it. Some of the floor tiles were broken too. There were just two curtains on a window which just didn’t fit the window at all; we later realized that there has to be three in that window. The light just seeps in and there was no way to make the room dark. In the evening we noticed that several bulbs across the room were out and we had to call in the front desk to send an electrician who put in some bulbs, which worked for few minutes before some of them stopped working. The wifi internet just doesn’t work; it kept logging off every two minutes and wouldn't connect to the router. The IT manager came and tweaked around a bit and said that there won’t be a problem. Again the internet stopped working as soon as he left. At night the foul smell was so overpowering that we just couldn't sleep.

There were no bath mats and not even a small carpet/rag beside the bath tub, which could get dangerous with damp feet. There were no hand towels and the several of the regular accessories that you expect in a premium room were missing. Again the bath room was just filthy with soap scum on the tiles and I doubt the floor wasn’t even mopped.

I wouldn't say everything is wrong with this place. The Buffet was good and the staff was courteous. The lawns and the swimming pool were good. It’s just that we were given the filthiest room they got and gave us an preview of all the problems that one could face in that resort. The room doesn’t worth the 7K that they charge, I had seen hotels where rooms for 2k are far cleaner and better than what we were in. And what bothers me is that we were given this room even after letting them know not to disappoint us on our anniversary.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank stareflight
GolkondaResort, Front Office Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, December 20, 2013

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Expansive we'll manicured lawns greet you leading to a grand entrance leading to the pool and rooms. Green and tranquil away from the hustle n bustle of modern city life.
The rooms are well appointed but need renovation.
The Spa is the best in town a must visit for the demanding traveller.
The restaurant is good with a variety of food offered.

Stayed December 2013
Greetings from the Golkonda Resorts and Spa!

It is feedback's like the one given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver superlative guest experiences.

Shenley Church End, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Lovely Atmosphere, staff behaviour is very good. Food offered is top notch. Loved every bit of it. If you are looking for a Short stay away from crowded hyderabad then this is the place. Had a great time with my family. Will highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Abhishek S
GolkondaResort, Front Office Manager at The Golkonda Resorts & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Mr.Abhiroop,

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

The Golkonda resort and spa exactly defines the comfort as i found it the only resort in Hyderabad which proved the statement "ATITHI DEVO BHAVA". they treat their guests as God. They look after each and every need of their customer. The receptionist, the attendants, The Manager and the every staff is marvellous. I love the food of the resort

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family