“Excellent value for money for the demanding business traveller”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taj Deccan

Taj Deccan
Ranked #23 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Namibia
“Excellent value for money for the demanding business traveller”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The comfort and ambience offered by this hotel are superb, and combined with a very reasonable price, the value for money is excellent. In addition to the cavernous yet cozy main dining and breakfast area, with a Khoi pond to keep you mesmerized, there are two restaurants offering speciality Asian and Indian cuisine, all of excellent quality. The service is excellent, albeit perhaps overly attentive to Western travellers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Nashik, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a night as our company was organising a seminar in one of their banquet halls.

Firstly the good stuff. The staff is definitely Taj standards. Extremely courteous and very helpful. Really the only saving grace for this hotel. The dinner & breakfast buffet was also good. The arrangements for the conference were top notch too.

The rooms really let down this hotel. The decor is old. The rooms don't even have flat screen TVs. The lighting in the room was poor. The washroom was sufficient but you could see the age in the fittings. The bathroom amenities were very basic.

The real let downs were no free wifi, which you would expect for a room with such high tariff rates. The hotel taxi service is also extremely extremely expensive. A one way pick-up cost us Euro 60. A cab from the airport costs Euro 10. I booked the hotel taxi as I had some foreign guests, but it's just not worth it.

There are 2 other Taj hotels in walking vicinity. I am not sure of their standards, but this hotel surely did not live up to the enigma of Taj hotels.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Axi13
hyderabad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very basic hotel, not of Taj standards. Decor is outdated and unorganized. Buffet is average. Though the staff is courteous. This has a big kale in front and sad to see that it is not maintained at all. Lots of mosquitoes. It is located at a fantastic location in the heart of Hyderabad Banjara hills market.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank saurabhagra
United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We visited Taj Deccan for a dinner, and I must say this was the most substandard dinner I ever had in an acclaimed 5 star hotel. They had a buffet at around Rs.1300/person which had a decent spread lacking taste that you could savor to realize the taste of Taj. I am aware of 3-4 star hotels and even restaurants in Hyderabad that offer authentic indian/continental food that exceeds the taste as well as variety, way ahead than what Taj Deccan had to offer!

AMBIANCE is for sure the Taj style, no doubt very good!

SERVICE as expected, since was offered through well educated staff, no questions of indecency!

Food: Management truly needs to understand that, you never visit a restaurant just for ambiance and service. Food is what I was looking for and it really disappointed me. You name a dish , they had it all, but they surely lacked taste. I do not want to go in depth of describing about this but all in all a bad experience..not worth the Taj mark!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Prince_Parasher
Bugibba, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have just returned from a trip in India and The Taj Deccan was one of my hotels in which I stayed for five nights. A hotel I will never forget. The Taj first and foremost offers great security and safety to all its clients. The services offered are great in all respects and the location is very pleasant with malls in the vicinity some of which even in short walking distance. I was even welcomed with a complimentary gift of a beautiful pearl in a nice red rose box. How very original.
Every evening I dined at the Spice Junxion where they serve all Indian cuisine. Here the service and the staff were outstanding. The staff gave me the utmost attention and helped me out with the menu and supplying me with information about the Indian cuisine while letting me taste all the mouthwatering dips and spices prepared by The Taj Chef. The food here was superb, delicious, and exquisite. The same goes for the Arena restaurant where I had my breakfast every morning with lovely dishes of all types with loads of differents fresh fruit, nuts and so many different dishes to choose from complimented by the dedicated asssistance of the staff.
I would personally like to thank the diligent and excellent staff of both the Spice Junction and the Arena for making me feel so comfortable and so well looked after. At the Taj these members of staff made me feel at home and they were like a second family for me. They always welcomed me and even kept me company. The Chef even prepared certain food which I used to mention to the staff members at the Spice Junxion and which I never expected to find there waiting for me the next day.
The room was always so clean and tidy with a towel decoration of swans on my bed and flower petals on the bedside tables so wonderful and romantic
Thanks Taj I will never forget my stay with you. I hightly recommend this hotel to all those visiting Hyderabad for whatever the reason. I felt like a Queen and not a solo traveller thanks to all the staff at the Taj Deccan I will never forget this place

Room Tip: When selecting it is best to state wherther you want a smoking or non smoking room although the staf...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank evelyn_camilleri
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

There are 4 Taj hotels in Hyderabad, not sure about the others, but this one is very average. The hotel and its decor feels tired, the artwork is ill advised, and the food is nothing to write home about. Of course the staff have been schooled to be attentive, and that's a good thing, but good service can't disguise the fact that the Deccan is not up really up to Taj standards.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chantman
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was pretty surprised with the comparatively cheaper room rates for Taj Deccan. But at the same time I was not convinced with the quality of the rooms I stayed. The televisions were old modeled one, which hardly find in living rooms. Very surprised that this was a Taj Hotel. I think the rooms certainly need a renovation if they claim to be a five star. The food was ok and staff was very courteous..But certainly this property needs improvement. I shall say its somewhere between a three and four star.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business