“Outstanding Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 305 Hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai
“Outstanding Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Large property with all corridors looking into the atrium (well mostly). Plenty of interesting art works on all walls. Efficient check-in process after which I was promptly escorted to my room.
Rooms were comfortable, bathroom was clean and supplies adequate. My request for extra supplies was readily addressed by the attendant.
The 24 Hour gym (seperate for ladies) is well equipped; attentive trainer on hand for helpful tips to aid your workout.
Breakfast spread had a large variety of options (including a 'breakfast on the go' for those in a hurry). Some of the cheese slices, as well as breads looked (and felt) slightly desiccated though.

Arrangements for our conference were executed well, and participants enjoyed the buffet meal laid on by the banquet staff who were very responsive to guests' needs.

I was kindly permitted a late check-out, and the billing process was as quick and pleasant as the Check-in. This applies to the banquets billing process as well.
Must say the quality of staff at this hotel is outstanding, and service was mostly faultless. Would certainly like to go back.

gripes: my room overlooked an outdoor balcony, where participants from another conference seemed to be having their lunch etc; privacy was lost to some extent.

My welcome drink took time to reach my room despite guest services confirming that 'it was on the way'. I wasted about 20 minutes waiting for it in all (it hadn't arrived till I left for a workout).
The telephone has a red button for guest services- however, on pressing this I got connected to the operator who tartly told me to "dial 77". Perhaps a change of button or of attitude is called for.

Room Tip: Higher Floors looking out on the Lake would give a panoramic view of the City.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

I had to stay in this hotel for two nights as part of an international conference which was in the sister hotel Taj Krishna across the road.

First appearance:
Good location.Nice and grand lobby

Check in:Was fast and pleasant.
Room: Good size but lots of issues with the quality.See the attached pictures.

Old style TV with the picture tube.
Mattress was saggy on one side where the phone is kept and the pillows were not comfortable at all.
The furnishings were dated including the window curtain which has definitely seen better days and curled up carpet.
Guest services: Terrible to say the least.Three different requests made by me and none of them were resolved satisfactorily.
I was given a room above the pool and tent and because of the (?semi-permanent) tent,there is not much view of the pool or garden.There was loud music being played from the pool side in the after noon.Though I complained to the guest services and was assured that there is no functions/weddings there,the music continued for some time.
As there was a spa in the hotel,I asked the guest services for a menu which was not available in the room.I was told it will be sent right away but never heard any thing after that.After 4hours I called in to the spa to see it personally.The person there was helpful and told me he will make sure one copy of the menu will be sent to the room.But again,that was a long wait with no result!! I decided not to use any spa/gym services just because of this and instead went out to the opium spa in the city centre mall.
Thirdly,I requested to arrange pay as you go sim card for local use(which was done happily by Taj in Delhi last year) as they had all my details including copy of passport and identifications.After a long wait on the phone,I was told it is not possible as they don't offer the service any more.A trip to the main road and a mere 5 minutes at a corner shop and the sim was in my pocket.No questions asked except the copies of identification.
Come on-this could have been easily offered at the hotel.But getting the customers interest did not seem to be their priority.

The sleep was terrible due to the mattress and few noisy children next door shouting all night keeping their room door open.

Breakfast : Plenty of choices.Options I chose were delicious and authentic.The service was also good

Spice Junxion restaurant: Good ambiance,choice of food and helpful staff.Bit pricey.

Check out: was smooth and easy.

All in all,I felt like I was some how being punished for being part of a group booking.
The stay did not match my expectations of a 5 star Taj property (of which I have stayed in several)
Will I return to this hotel-surely not.There are 4 star properties in the city which offer far better value for money and ambiance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the pool and marquee.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mobilemedic70
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Had a very pleasant stay for two nights at this hotel. The usual Taj service, very courteous staff, good breakfast, nice coffee shop. The hotel seemed a little dated but beautiful none the less.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

Was staying in this hotel for 4 nights. Our flight arrived at midnight. We had no problems checking in. The staff at the reception was very helpful. We realised that we were given a room facing the garden where tents were set up. Anticipating that it would be noisy, we asked for a change of rooms in next day. The staff promptly gave us a new room the next evening.

Breakfast at the hotel gave us a chance to taste the local delicacies. Poori was made fresh from the wok. The local masala tea was also a great experience.

The hotel rooms are clean. The television,however, is rather old-fashioned. The hotel provides adequate bottled drinking water daily and a good variety of tea and coffee. There is complimentary shoe polishing service as well.

The hotel's doorman, Mr Murali was exceptionally helpful when we realised the next morning that our car which we booked for the day had not arrived. He helped us call the driver and also gave invaluable information on the tourist attractions around Hyderabad. He also helped us direct the driver where we wanted to go as the driver was not very well versed in English and we could hardly speak Hindi. Walking through the hotel doors everyday, we were greeted with a smile from him.

The hotel is located near two shopping malls which are within walking distances. It is very easy to catch a auto (local three-wheeled "taxis") outside the hotel. Otherwise a taxi can be easily arranged by the reception counter. Taxis in Hyderabad runs on a meter and the hotel does not incur any extra charges for calling them for their guests. We arranged for a taxi from the reception to pick us up from the hotel to the airport. The cost of the taxi,which runs by meter was RS480 (cheaper than the one which we took from the airport to the hotel RS800). The tip is not to catch any taxis that do not run on meters from the airport. If anyone approaches you and tries to offer taxi services, ignore them and go to a proper taxi service. The locals told us that the prepaid taxis from the airport also cost more than the metered local taxi service.

Our return flight was scheduled at midnight as well and we were allowed to keep our luggage at the hotel while enjoying the last day around the city. The manager Mr Rao (sorry if I remembered incorrectly) also was kind to give us a room to freshened up later in the evening before heading to the airport. Personally I have not experienced such impeccable service from the hotel management.

In conclusion, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and truly appreciate the courtesy extended by all the staff especially those mentioned. Thank you to all of you.

Room Tip: Try to get one that does not face the garden where functions are held.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank d0gtail
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I am very much pleased to dine in the hotel as the courtesy and traditional way they treat the customers made me to the most favorable eating place. When ever I enter the hotel the exteriors and ambiance attracts to gaze at the them. The strolling in the corridor and sharp witted staff made me my destination of the hotel.The servers and supervisors are very attentive to the guests and observe the food we like and give us the best out of them.They are clever and see the food or curries served are enjoyed by the guest.
The stay in the hotel made our guests pleasant and happy.The courtesy extended by them is marvelous.

Room Tip: pool side rooms are pleasant and enjoyable.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Jamshedpur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

It's a wonderful hotel. The staff was very helpful and well mannered. The rooms are spacious and clean. The room service was good.. We needed an additional bed, they provided an uncomfortable bed, which was soon replaced after we complained and we were quite happy with the replacement provided. The food was good. I couldn't have many meals, but the buffet had a whole range of delicacies. Had a wonderful stay

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank shoubhik
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

While Hyderabad has many new large hotel chains setting up in the city the Taj Deccan still offers excellent value for money.

A beautiful hotel with a large atrium in the centre, this hotel provides excellent service and a wide choice of restaurants to choose from. The rooms are spacious and well furbished. An excellent hotel especially if you are here for business.

The service is excellent and very professional. This hotel provides excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business