Ohri's Banjara
Stay Inn(Hyderabad)(Great Value!)
$31
$30
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfloor restaurantforest themeposh localitytop floorvalue for moneydefinitely stay here againthird floordecent foodhotel locatedindian foodcomfortable stayshort staythe heart of the citymouth wateringnice ambienceexcellent serviceroom was spacious
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Enjoyable overnight stay. Very helpful and pleasant staff
We missed the breakfast as we got up late after a late night wedding the night before. Snacks were good but it would have been better if they served anything else other than South Indian in the lead upto lunch time

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pedro258
VishalKaushiik, Manager at Ohri's Banjara, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Pedro,

I would like to extend my sincere thanks for sharing your inspiring feedback!

It’ is always a pleasure to hear good comments as we take pride and strive towards delivering an outstanding guest experience.

Your positive words for our associates motivates them to deliver further excellence.

At Ohri's Banjara we take pride in serving our guests in a personal, instinctive manner and provide them with memorable experiences.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back for may more enriching moments.

happy dining !!

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Reserved a room here through hotels.com. Payment was made in full.

At check-in at 11:20pm, I was informed that no rooms were available and no reservation had been received. I was asked to forward the email that I had received from the website to an email address provided by the receptionist - I did so.

Post receipt of this email, the receptionist now told me that they could only accept email confirmation from the website itself, and my forwarded email would not suffice. Please note it was by now midnight. He also now said that suite rooms were available at the rack rate.

I then called up the hotels.com call centre - they resent the confirmation to reservebanjara@ohris.com. Front desk told me that this email was not received by them. Hotels.com executive then spoke to the receptionist and confirmed my booking along with payment details, and offered to resend the confirmation to any other email id they could provide. Staff refused to budge, or share any other email id. It is now almost 1am and yet this persistence to cause inconvenience to a confirmed and paid guest - more so I had stayed at the hotel two nights earlier and all my details were in the system.

Finally, at 1:30am, with no place else to go, and experiencing the same stubborn attitude from the reception in the middle of the night, I agreed to a suite room at price quoted by him - my check out was at 9am the next day.

Have run into situations where the website confirmation is not received by the hotel - usually forwarding the email suffices. Given the late time (11:30-1:30), the fact that I had stayed there previously 2 nights ago, the fact that hotels.com confirmed my booking over the phone and offered to mail to another id which was not provided, and the fact that I was coerced into booking a suite, this rates as one of my worst experiences at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank madmax10101

Dear Madmax10101

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

It is very unfortunate that the hotel services did not reflect the quality you expected from us and I am really concerned that we did not live up to your expectation on this occasion where you faced inconvenience and experienced distress.

We value you support, and as an esteemed guest your comfort and experience is our primary concern.

I have shared your comments with the concerned department head and I assure you that the necessary actions are taken to avoid recurrence of any such incident in the future with any of our valued guests.

We will also revisit certain processes in our areas of concern with more focus on training so that our associates can reach their potential for an enhanced guest experience.

At Ohri's Banjara we always consider that the comments are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level reaching at our full potential.

It is our constant endeavor to provide a consistently high quality of service to all our guests and I do hope you will not benchmark us with the shortcoming that you have experienced and accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have faced during your stay in our hotel.

We look forward for another opportunity to regain your confidence in our products and services and hope to

see you with us soon, ensuring best of services delivered to you.

Vishal Kaushik
Ohris Banjara

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family of 4(2 adults and 2 Children) stayed in Ohri's from 24th July13 to 28th July13. I booked it through makemytrip and i was given a Deluxe room but on checkin the staff was kind enough to upgrade us to Deluxe room with a kitchen facility which was quite handy with the children around. Room was spacious, clean and tidy. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help. The location of the hotel was ideal and situated in one of the upmarket areas of Hyderabad. Ohri's has a good selection of restaurants and the food was very tasty and to the international standards. We would certainly stay again if we visit Hyderabad again. Many thanks to the hotel staff and makemytrip to make our trip worthwhile.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room with Kitchnette
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
VishalKaushiik, Manager at Ohri's Banjara, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Mr. Sivakumar,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Ohri's Banjara and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Sincere gratitude for those heart warming comments which persuade us to keep striving !!!

Guest feedback is valuable to us as it helps us to continually improve the quality of our customer service.

Thank you for Recommending us your preferred venue for a comfortable stay and great food in Hyderabad !!!

Your compliments for the entire team will for sure be celebrated !!!

Looking forward to serve you again and welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to Hyderabad

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've stayed here on multiple visits to Hyderabad. This is the best hotel I could find in Banjara Hills. It's perfectly located, has friendly welcoming staff, and three restaurants to choose from. Their complimentary breakfast buffet is pretty good too with something for everyone.

The hotel interiors are done very nicely, mostly wooden - in a classy British style. The rooms are comfortable and the large wall mirrors create an illusion of space. Additional furniture in the room includes a study table and a chair, a cushioned bench that can seat 2-3 people, and a large comfortable arm chair. The room entrance also has a small wardrobe, a locker for valuables, and a mini fridge. The bathrooms are extremely clean and the glass wall separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom helps keep the floor dry.

There are a couple of things the management could look at.
1. The AC control panel/board should be easily reachable. It is currently at a height of more than 7ft.
2. I like the classic interiors, but the TVs should be upgraded to LCD or LED screens.
3. Electricity backup needs to be more reliable. I found it to be erratic at times.
4, My room (405) smelt of cigarette smoke everytime we entered the room. It would go away in a few minutes after the AC was switched on, but it's a bad first impression. I was told that it's probably because of the proximity to the smoking section in the restaurant on the upper floor.

In spite of the minor issues, Ohris Banjara is a lovely hotel to stay at. I will definitely return here on my next visit to Hyderabad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Saurabh

Your feedback for TV Set & smoke smell is definitely being looked into.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family of 3 stayed in Ohri's from 28th to 1st June 2013. Since me and my family are finicky about the quality and cleanliness of rooms, we saw multiple places before finalizing Ohri's Banjara. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Clean bathrooms. Nice location.
A nice surprise was excellent buffet dinner at their ground floor restaurant. I can't forget the home like roti's and expansive array of vegetarian dishes.
Something that stood out was the fact that on one of the evenings, the senior most manager of the hotel was going from table to table soliciting feedback.
We also tried their Chinese fine dining restaurant and were not disappointed!!
Only bad taste left was from poor customer service of their breakfast manager called Sudhanshu.
Leaving that aside, everything else was great.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family