“Stay at Lakdi Ka Pul”

Ranked #76 of 316 Hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai
“Stay at Lakdi Ka Pul”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

The hotel is located at the busy Lakdi ka Pul area of Hyderabad and is reachable from almost all parts of the city in 30 to 45 minutes. I have had the occassion to stay there several times over the last year and a half on business.

The rooms are located at 3 levels and are reasonably spacious for stay. The hotel has undergone refurbishing of rooms some 6 months back and the new upholstery and accessories give it a new look.

The food is good except as is true of all restaurants in Hyderabad a little less spice would do the tongue a world of good.

Overall a good place to stay.

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — They still use old credit card swipe machines !!!
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed April 18, 2009

My husband, his parents, and I traveled India for 2 weeks. We stayed 3 nights at The Central Court and this was by far the worst hotel we stayed at.

After a long trip from L.A. to Hyderabad we couldn't wait to get to the hotel and go to sleep. We arrived to a pleasant lobby at 2 AM and experienced an efficient check-in, which was must appreciated. Then began the downward spiral. When we got to our 1st room it was awful. The room was filled with a strong bug spray (the industrial strength kind) odor and the bathroom was filthy. The overall condition of the room was so bad, we opted to sleep on top of the covers with our clothes on. After finally falling asleep, a few short hours later we were woken by the noise of traffic. I got up to look out the window and saw our room faced a major road.
Since I couldn't take the smell of the room any longer and was too scared to shower, I walked down to my in-laws room (at the other end of the hotel) to see if they had a better night. Nope. They couldn't sleep either because they were in the last room in the hallway which shared a common wall to the stairwell, which they heard banging the entire night. The most interesting part of this morning...as I was walking to my in-laws room a cleaning crew was in another room with the door open. I peeked in to see what it looked like and was immaculate (or so it seemed at the time). I was wondering why, since the hotel wasn't full (but some sections were under construction) why the receptionists put us in these dumps. I called the front desk and asked to be switched. Of course I got the "it's not possible right now, but we'll see what we can do." I told my in-laws and they went downstairs and took care of the situation. After some negotiating, 2 new rooms...Problem solved or so we thought. The new rooms, beautiful on the surface (totally redone), still had the bug spray smell, had bugs (I killed at least 12), and the backside of the bathroom door still displayed signs of the old funk. While trying to find the source of all the bugs, my husband opened the closest and there were about a dozen or so more.
The positive elements of the hotel: Breakfast is included with the price (highly recommend the coffee), reasonable rates (however cleanliness is compromised), but for about the same amount I think you can get a room at Hotel Golkanda. We drove by the Golkanda (but didn't go in) and it looked nice. More secluded, but still convenient, and looked well maintained. Nice bowl of water in flowers in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

McLoud, OK
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Good hotel for the price.
As another reviewer said, it's clean but a little tired. Breakfast is included with the room and the breakfast is quite good.
There are at least 2 restaurants. The fancy one is a little pricey but the smaller restaurant where the breakfast is served is reasonable. I recommend the fired rice to anyone who is suffering the Indian food blues.
The hotel has a shuttle that runs to and from the airport but I could never use it. The shuttle only runs from something like 7 AM until 7 PM. Most flights from the west arrive about midnight and leave about the same time or even later.
I've stayed there a couple of times and would not hesitate to stay there again. My room is usually less than $40 per night (from $20 to almost 40 over the years). By comparison, a room at other nice Hyderabad hotels can run over 100 nightly.
The area around the hotel is pretty good for shopping--not high end stuff, just regular goods.
Give it a try.

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank geopalmer
UK
Reviewed March 10, 2007

Stayed there twice in March - each time for one night. The hotel is clean enough, the location is good and the staff are friendly enough if you find them awake. Tried to leave early on the first visit but was delayed as we had to wake the reception staff to wake the waiter who woke the chef to make breakfast.
The second visits highlights were the Party in the corrider until 0230 and the three concrete mixer lorries under the bedroom window from then until dawn. We left without breakfast this time as we felt guilty for waking so many people last visit - reception only this time.
If you have to use this hotel I suggest that you plan to arrive and leave in the middle of the day and take eardefenders. Also make sure you get a receipt for any money changed - they seem to be awake to that scam.

• Liked — Central location
  • Disliked — Noise and not fully 24 hour operation
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank BallouUk
Avoca Beach, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2007

This hoel is a reasonable option if you want some comfort but can't come at the US$250 or more asked by the 4 -5 star hotels. The rooms are clean, although a bit tired. Bed was very hard. Rooms at the front can be noisy. Restaurants in the hotel served great food at very reasonable prices. Breakfast is included in tariff but is very Indian...they will cook a great omelette if you ask. Staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly. Very good value by Hydeabad standards.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank ANZman
Singapore
Reviewed January 12, 2007

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. My budget wouldn't stretch to $200+ per night wanted by the 5-star places so I phoned several mid-range ones and most were full. The Central Court said that it would have a room from 11am so I arrived straight from the airport at 8am, prepared to have breakfast and wait....within 15 minutes I had a spotless, if a little dated, room with comfy beds, AC, fan, cable TV, minbar, in-room safe and hot water shower for 3395 rupees per night including a great buffet breakfast. (There are cheaper rooms with fewer amenities).

What really stands out here though is the level of service - the staff have excellent English, and bent over backwards to help with transport, food requests, extra toiletries etc. As a female travelling alone, safety is my number one priority and security here is tight but unobtrusive. The level of service from everyone from front desk, housekeeping, travel desk and cafe/restaurant though cannot be stressed enough. It knocks spots off everywhere else I've ever stayed in India - including The Imperial and several other 5-star places in Delhi - and most other countries too.

The Central Court provided me with a car and driver yesterday for 6 rupees per km for an out-of-city business trip and this too warrants praise. I only had vague directions to the place I wanted to visit in the far north of the state but the driver found it, then acted as translator with the villagers to allow me to take photographs and get access to an essentially tribal area.

Another plus - room service was the quickest of anywhere I've stayed worldwide.

I will definitely stay in this hotel again if I return to Hyderabad and would recommend it as a home-from-home, especially for females travelling alone.

As a general comment on my first visit to Hyderabad/Andhra Pradesh, I was a little concerned about how a sole western female might be regarded or treated as it's essentially an Islamic city but there was no harrassment or second-class service which for me makes a pleasant change compared to some parts of India that I have previously visited.

7 Thank BouBali