“Everything in its right place”

Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #34 of 307 Hotels in Hyderabad
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Everything in its right place”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I would have no hesitations recommending someone considering staying here to go for it. Staff is very welcoming and helpful. Food options are good (nice cafe in the lobby for working/meetings/coffee moments; Okra buffet is very good). Accommodations are "as one would expect" for this hotel - which is to say, quite nice. Not 5-star luxury, but clean, comfortable, up-to-date without being modern - just well done and as it should be.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a memorable experience with us and thank you for commending our hospitality and service. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
pune
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Overall we were happy with our stay. Check-in was a breeze. Breakfast was a very good spread and service was great.
Rooms were comfortable and well maintained.
They served free drinks and snacks in one of the restaurants during the evening hours. The view of the lake overhead from the restaurant was a delight.
Getting local transport from outside was easy, though the auto fellows try and fleece you if they see you walking out from the hotel.
I'd stay there again if I visited Hyderabad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the Marriott experience. It is our effort to ensure that each of our guests’ are comfortable and have a memorable stay just as you have, at our hotel. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.
Mumbai
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have always stayed at The Mariott in Hyderabad. The hospitality and the decor is beyond words with out a big prize to pay. The grandeur to this place is always eye catching with the architectural beauty. My stay in December during x'mas made it more special with all the special treats the hotel had put up for the guest - x'mas decoration were beautiful, i must say i didnt miss home this x'mas.

Room Tip: a room facing the lake
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you had wonderful stay. Hyderabad Marriott Hotel and Convention Centre reflects the design philosophy of the city’s glorious past. Our effort is to offer guests the warmth and comfort of home while they are on the go and I’m glad that we made this Christmas merrier for you. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Chesterfield, VA
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Marriott in Hyderabad is the place to stay in town. The room I had s one of the nicest I have had in many years at at Marriott property with a seperate living room and beautiful bedroom. THe staff was more than welcoming and their service was great.

The breakfast was better than most and offers what you would expect out of a very nice Marroitt property. Definetly the place to stay when in town on business or vacationing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and our services were up to your liking. At Marriott our effort is to ensure that each of our guests’ have a memorable experience as you did. I have shared your feedback with my team and they are happy to have helped make this stay exceptional for you. I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel again.

General manager
calicut
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was in hyderabad on a 3 day visit for a conference at Mariott convention center.This was my second visit to mariott and one thing that stands out is their hospitality.The check in was a breeze as they had my details stored from my previous visit.The reception staff was freindly and helpful.This time i got a lake view room in the 7th floor.The room was good with clean linen and well stocked mini bar.I was looking forward to their breakfast which i had enjoyed last time at the OKRA restaurant.But this time iam sad to say that the breakfast was a big letdown.For the full three days it was the same menu and i could say all dishes by name on the third day.On the negative sde one big letdown is their TV channels.The programmes are few and the quality bad.After a full day of conference you come to your room and want to relax seeing a nice programme and you have zilch.The checkout was smooth and fast.Overall a good place to stay.They should improve on their breakfast and also their inhouse entertainment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you had comfortable stay. At Marriott guest satisfaction is a priority second to none and I’m happy to know that you had a wonderful experience. Please be assured I have taken note of the feedback you have shared and will ensure that we take necessary action. Look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Aurangabad
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Excellent Service. I booked a room on the net and recd a mail from the hotel two days in advance asking my arrival details and for any requirements. Each and every staff has a smile on the face greets you with folded hands. Food is excellent. Overall very good experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review. I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay. At Marriott our effort is to ensure that each of our guests’ have a memorable experience as you did. I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My experience at this property has caused me to reconsider my relationship with the Marriott brand, I will be closing my credit card and liquidating my points.

Really, objectively speaking, the Courtyard property across the street is a better property. The worst thing about my experience was the lack of hot water my first morning, thus I had to take a cold shower. It was like that when I awoke, I called the front desk and was told very curtly that they were working on it and then I was hung up on. I went to breakfast hoping the problem would be fixed, no luck. Due to these delays, I had to rush out to my day's work. The only thing that ever came out of the hot water tap was nasty brown water, see my photo.

When I returned in the evening, I complained, they sent plumbers to my room. I repeatedly stated the problem was the morning, no one's English skills were sufficient to comprehend the problem.

Beside that, the towels were thinner and smaller than at the Courtyard, the rooms were smaller. My air conditioning control never worked so I had to shut it off lest I freeze at 21 degrees celsius. Additionally there appear to be some mold problems. See my photos.

Room Tip: pick another hotel, I hear the Park Hyatt is really nice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank minn_traveler612
Dear Guest,
At the outset I deeply regret that you had an unpleasant experience at the hotel. I personally acknowledge your feedback on hot water not being available. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Due to an on-going maintenance and upkeep process at the hotel there was a slight delay and the colored water was residue that appears when the process is undertaken. Please be assured that your feedback has been noted and the matter has been discussed with all our concerned teams at length, so that such an instance does not recur. I would like to assure you that our rooms at Marriott are larger than the ones at Courtyard, but perhaps you may have felt otherwise as the design layout of the room is traditional. I hope you would give us one more opportunity to turn this experience into a memorable one and choose us as your preferred hotel once again.