“Ask for a lake view room”

Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #22 of 319 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a very nice property, with a warm service too. Stayed here just for a night on business, with an early check out so no comments on FnB.
Due to some mis-communication with my booking agent I landed up at Courtyard, which is just across the road. The staff their promptly directed me to the right place, which, by the way, is connected underground. Staff at the reception was very courteous and I was given a lake view room on the 7th. The room has a classy old-style feel to it, with grilled faux windows etc. The view of the lake from the room, whilst only partial, was soothing nonetheless at night. Room service was prompt and friendly. There were some Massage/Spa vouchers waiting for me too. Shame I couldn't go due to paucity of time. Overall, a good place to go back to when in Hyd.

Room Tip: Look for Lake view rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank varundamark
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Varun,

Thank you for the feedback!

We are glad that you had a comfortable stay with us and look forward to having you back soon.

Do "like" us on Facebook.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently stayed here for one night while on business and could not have been more pleased. From the moment I arrived I was treated with such warmth and hospitality. I only wish I could have stayed longer! I was upgraded to an executive room which included a breakfast buffet and evening appetizers/cocktails in the lounge. This was a really nice treat and I very much enjoyed the food. Again, the service was fantastic. I also had an opportunity to try the lunch buffet at Okra restaurant which was full of delicious choices. The gym up on the top floor is excellent, with a full range of equipment, tv screens on all the treadmills, and a great view out over the lake. And the evening turndown service with a chocolate on the pillow was the icing on the cake to a fantastic stay.

As a young, solo, female traveller, I felt very safe here and really appreciated the care I received from all the staff, especially those at reception. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the warm and wonderful feedback!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that as a solo lady traveller in a foreign country we were able to make you feel secure and comfortable.
Your compliments will be passed onto the staff at the hotel and will motivate them to serve all our guests better.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Do "like" us on Facebook.

Warm Regards

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had my usual communication problem/brake downs,but the hotel has alot of power to make "all" things right.On our arrival,we were straight away upgraded to an executive room on the 5th floor facing the lake,and we were also given 2 x 15 minute vouchers for feet massages.I also joined the Marriott rewards program,which gives you 1 hour of free high speed internet per day,and because of our communication problem,our late check out (8 pm) was waivered.We also received a substancial discount of 50% at the in house Bidri restaurant.Would I stay again being my second stay,yes I would.

Room Tip: If you can,get a room facing the lake,and I always find the higher the better.By having a lake facin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dalekate777

Thank you for the feedback!

We are glad to know that we were able to solve any issues you faced and ensure that you leave us happy and satisfied.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Please “like” us on Facebook.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in hotel for a fortnight for work in hotel. Service was best I have seen ever in a hotel, food was fantastic with huge choice and good quality no Delhi belly.

Only issue is the smell from the lake across was utterly horrendous and can only imagine it would be worse in hotter months like may. Location is as safe as anywhere in Hyderabad but would not advise walking about outside at night

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for the feedback!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments motivate us and drive us to serve you even better.

We do however regret the discomfort you were subjected to because of the stench from the lake. Unfortunately this is not something we have control over. We have taken every possible measure and gone to great lengths to ensure that our guests are as little troubled by the smell as possible.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Do “like” us on Facebook.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went for a meeting held at the Marriott and also stayed there for 2 nights.
The drive from the airport especially if you choose to land there like me in the late evening is time consuming due to the rush hour traffic.
Finally reaching the hotel ,you get a glimpse of the Husainsagar lake as you drive into the portico.
The hotel staff are courteous.The checkin is smooth.
The rooms are cosy and the bed is soft and comfortable.The view of the lake with the standing statue of Buddha with the lights is a great sight especially from the rooftop bar 0 Altitude (picture).
The conference rooms are adjacent to the hotel with a connecting corridor for easy access.
The food is good ,the breakfst spread is sumptuous.
The bar on the roof is a nice experience to have for a relaxed evening with friends.
In all a good place to stay if you especially have a conference in the same venue.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Mr. Govindbabu,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback!

We are glad that you had a comfortable stay with us and that we were able to ensure that your visit to Hyderabad is enjoyable.

Please do "like" us on Facebook.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed for one night and I realized this hotel is good for nothing. One thing I am really dissatisfied is that there is no first aid or medical facility if anything goes wrong.
Pros:
Scenic view of hussain sagar lake from rooms.
Cons:
Ignorant staff.
TVs on limited channels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Malhotra,

At the outset, please allow us to express our regret towards you leaving our hotel unsatisfied.

We would like to however, bring to your notice that we do have emergency medical services at the hotel including a 24hours on-call Doctor. For security reasons, we do not keep or provide a guest with any medication unless prescribed by the Doctor.

We would like to understand in greater detail the issues faced by you at the hotel so that we can take the necessary measures accordingly and ensure that you have a satisfactory visit the next time you stay with us. One of our Senior Managers will get in touch with you soon to discuss the same.

We do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

At check in Hari the receptionist offered me suite for 5000 Rs but was not ready, I declined, so i was given a deluxe room with lake view that smelled of mold was hot and got me sick with Asthma flare-up and bad Headache. Called him and Karan (receptionist) 5-6 times to change room and they both kept their sales pitch even offering me Presidential suite for 8000 rs more a day. I checked in at ^ Am and did not get a new room till evening, finally i decided to check out and told them I will write about this on Tripadvisor. Then talked to the Manager Neha, she came up immediately and changed it to a similar room but no smell, gave us roses, brownies and a apology card, she asked us if we need anything every time we saw her in the Lobby. One day we forgot to leave a tip for room cleaning that night we came back to the room and noticed urine smell in the bathroom, did not think much and went to bed the next morning the same smell. We looked on the floor and noticed urine stain all over , we called the floor manager and they cleaned it immediately stating it was just a chemical spill by the house keeping. i would like to know what chemical smells like urine?.. the A/C di not worked when power went off and we were hot sweating at night. The staff and food choices are excellent at the breakfast , lunch and dinner restaurant at OKRA, highly recommend the restaurant esp for breakfast. the spa manicure is not good but barber for grooming is good. the lounge coffee and snacks are good but needs upgrade on the interiors. outside lawn and garden is well maintained although the Lake water smell is evident. the security is good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Viquar K

Dear Mr. Viquar,

At the outset, we thank you for complimenting the food, restaurant staff and security at the hotel. Having said that, please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face.

We realize you faced physical discomfort in the room that you were given and are apologetic about the lack of empathy shown by our staff. We assure you that the same has been discussed with the concerned people and they have been trained to better handle a situation such as yours.

As for housekeeping, we do acknowledge that there has been a lapse in service at our end. However, we would like to reassure you that the same is not a result of you not leaving any tips. Relevant corrective measures are being taken to ensure that the same is never repeated.

One of our senior managers will be getting in touch with you soon to brief you further on the action taken.

We do hope you will stay with us again and give us the opportunity to serve you better.