“Plenty of Free Stuff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Pacific Coast Australia, Australia
“Plenty of Free Stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had my usual communication problem/brake downs,but the hotel has alot of power to make "all" things right.On our arrival,we were straight away upgraded to an executive room on the 5th floor facing the lake,and we were also given 2 x 15 minute vouchers for feet massages.I also joined the Marriott rewards program,which gives you 1 hour of free high speed internet per day,and because of our communication problem,our late check out (8 pm) was waivered.We also received a substancial discount of 50% at the in house Bidri restaurant.Would I stay again being my second stay,yes I would.

Room Tip: If you can,get a room facing the lake,and I always find the higher the better.By having a lake facin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dalekate777
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback!

We are glad to know that we were able to solve any issues you faced and ensure that you leave us happy and satisfied.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Please “like” us on Facebook.

Warm Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in hotel for a fortnight for work in hotel. Service was best I have seen ever in a hotel, food was fantastic with huge choice and good quality no Delhi belly.

Only issue is the smell from the lake across was utterly horrendous and can only imagine it would be worse in hotter months like may. Location is as safe as anywhere in Hyderabad but would not advise walking about outside at night

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments motivate us and drive us to serve you even better.

We do however regret the discomfort you were subjected to because of the stench from the lake. Unfortunately this is not something we have control over. We have taken every possible measure and gone to great lengths to ensure that our guests are as little troubled by the smell as possible.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Do “like” us on Facebook.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went for a meeting held at the Marriott and also stayed there for 2 nights.
The drive from the airport especially if you choose to land there like me in the late evening is time consuming due to the rush hour traffic.
Finally reaching the hotel ,you get a glimpse of the Husainsagar lake as you drive into the portico.
The hotel staff are courteous.The checkin is smooth.
The rooms are cosy and the bed is soft and comfortable.The view of the lake with the standing statue of Buddha with the lights is a great sight especially from the rooftop bar 0 Altitude (picture).
The conference rooms are adjacent to the hotel with a connecting corridor for easy access.
The food is good ,the breakfst spread is sumptuous.
The bar on the roof is a nice experience to have for a relaxed evening with friends.
In all a good place to stay if you especially have a conference in the same venue.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Govindbabu,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback!

We are glad that you had a comfortable stay with us and that we were able to ensure that your visit to Hyderabad is enjoyable.

Please do "like" us on Facebook.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed for one night and I realized this hotel is good for nothing. One thing I am really dissatisfied is that there is no first aid or medical facility if anything goes wrong.
Pros:
Scenic view of hussain sagar lake from rooms.
Cons:
Ignorant staff.
TVs on limited channels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Malhotra,

At the outset, please allow us to express our regret towards you leaving our hotel unsatisfied.

We would like to however, bring to your notice that we do have emergency medical services at the hotel including a 24hours on-call Doctor. For security reasons, we do not keep or provide a guest with any medication unless prescribed by the Doctor.

We would like to understand in greater detail the issues faced by you at the hotel so that we can take the necessary measures accordingly and ensure that you have a satisfactory visit the next time you stay with us. One of our Senior Managers will get in touch with you soon to discuss the same.

We do hope you will visit us again.

Lake in the Hills, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

At check in Hari the receptionist offered me suite for 5000 Rs but was not ready, I declined, so i was given a deluxe room with lake view that smelled of mold was hot and got me sick with Asthma flare-up and bad Headache. Called him and Karan (receptionist) 5-6 times to change room and they both kept their sales pitch even offering me Presidential suite for 8000 rs more a day. I checked in at ^ Am and did not get a new room till evening, finally i decided to check out and told them I will write about this on Tripadvisor. Then talked to the Manager Neha, she came up immediately and changed it to a similar room but no smell, gave us roses, brownies and a apology card, she asked us if we need anything every time we saw her in the Lobby. One day we forgot to leave a tip for room cleaning that night we came back to the room and noticed urine smell in the bathroom, did not think much and went to bed the next morning the same smell. We looked on the floor and noticed urine stain all over , we called the floor manager and they cleaned it immediately stating it was just a chemical spill by the house keeping. i would like to know what chemical smells like urine?.. the A/C di not worked when power went off and we were hot sweating at night. The staff and food choices are excellent at the breakfast , lunch and dinner restaurant at OKRA, highly recommend the restaurant esp for breakfast. the spa manicure is not good but barber for grooming is good. the lounge coffee and snacks are good but needs upgrade on the interiors. outside lawn and garden is well maintained although the Lake water smell is evident. the security is good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Viquar K
Dear Mr. Viquar,

At the outset, we thank you for complimenting the food, restaurant staff and security at the hotel. Having said that, please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face.

We realize you faced physical discomfort in the room that you were given and are apologetic about the lack of empathy shown by our staff. We assure you that the same has been discussed with the concerned people and they have been trained to better handle a situation such as yours.

As for housekeeping, we do acknowledge that there has been a lapse in service at our end. However, we would like to reassure you that the same is not a result of you not leaving any tips. Relevant corrective measures are being taken to ensure that the same is never repeated.

One of our senior managers will be getting in touch with you soon to brief you further on the action taken.

We do hope you will stay with us again and give us the opportunity to serve you better.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in April, 2013 while on a business trip in Hyderabad. The hotel facilities are very nice. The room was generally clean and comfortable with good amenities. There isn't much of a view unless you are in one of the rooms that overlook the lake (I was in the back where it overlooked the Courtyard Hotel). The breakfast buffet was excellent, serving many traditional Indian dishes along with other international offerings. We also ate in Bidri and the cafe in the lobby, both of which also provided excellent food and service.

There were some negatives about the hotel. The location was OK, as it was centralized in the city, but not close to restaurants as others have pointed out. The hospitality of the lobby staff was over the top; however, this is typical of Indian hotel hospitality. To me, it is annoyingly ridiculous. I am perfectly capable of carrying my own bags and should not have to tell someone eight times that I will do it. They also push to charge for upgrades, early check-ins, etc. Power went out several times throughout the days/nights. This obviously shut down the air conditioner, which made the rooms very warm and stuffy. It didn't stay out for long, but was a regular occurrence.

If I come back to Hyderabad, I will probably stay here again, but only due to location to my company's office. I would look to try other hotels if given the choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank clingermanml
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are glad that you enjoyed the comforts of your room as well as the food at the hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you had to face with regards to the power outage. However, this is an issue all over the city and we are doing our best in reducing the discomfort for our guests.

We do hope you will stay with us again.

Warm Regards
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at Marriot Hyderbad Hotel & Convention Center for a night during my recent business trip. As other marriot properties this one did not fail my expectation either. Nice courteous staff, clean well laid out rooms, excellent breakfast are its big pro's. The bed is the best part. I arrived pretty tired late in the night and had a really good sleep. I was fresh & ready for important business meeting the next day.

However the hotel has some minor cons.

First the location while excellent in terms of view from your room (the hotel overlooks the HussainSagar Lake) and llocation, its slightly disconnected. There are no good restaurants in the nearby vicinity and the by lanes are bit dark (the property overlooks a burial ground). I was slightly surprised by the choice of location.

The other thing which annoyed me a bit is the knob to open up drain plug in my bath tub did not work and I had to manually uplug the drain plug to let the water flow out of the bath tub. The staff apologized for the inconvinience when I brought to their notice during check out. I hope they took cognisance of the issue and sorted it out.

Over all am happy with this propery and will definetly return here for my business visits.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Srikanth80
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are glad that you had a contented stay with us. The Marriott Revive Bedding is custom made for all Marriott Brands worldwide and are indeed very comfortable. We understand the importance of a good night's sleep for a business traveller. Our efficiency effects your efficiency. We are pleased to know that we could positive contribution towards ensuring that your visit to Hyderabad is productive.

We do sincerely regret the inconvenience you had to face with regards to the bath tub drainage. We assure you that the issue has been looked into and rectified. This is not an issue you will be facing in the future.

Once again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Do "like" us on Facebook.

Warm Regards