“A businee Hotel In the heart of the city center”

Katriya Hotel & Towers
Ranked #247 of 313 Hotels in Hyderabad
Bangalore
“A businee Hotel In the heart of the city center”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip. The check in fast & quick. What was surprising to me that The room ate included breakfast and lunch/dinner. I stayed in a A Deluxe room. The room has an excellent king size bed with a 35 inch LCD. The bathroom was clean and has a hair dryer as well. However I was disappointed not to have a bath tub. The carpet old but clean. The dinner buffet was good with lot of choices overall good stay

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Somaraju, Owner at Katriya Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 25, 2009
Thank you for staying in Katriya Hotel & Towers, your review will be shared with all the departments. And its a great motivation to all our staff. Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Katriya De Royal is a decent hotel in the heart of Hyderabad. It has good connectivity to the airport with the airport shuttle starting right from teh building premises.

The food, especially the breakfast is great, and i was very impressed by the variety they had offered at the breakfast buffet.

The pricing structure of the hotel is very reasonable considering its location.

Ideal for business travels

• Liked — Location and Ambience
  • Disliked — Nothing worth mentioning
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Bangalore
Reviewed April 20, 2009

The hotel has some positives like a good location, spacious, plenty of parking space for self, visitors, great options in terms of food with 3 inhouse restaurants.
But the rooms seemed to be outdated. It was an old model TV without even a flat screen! You would expect an LCD when you pay 7k for a room. I also felt that the hotel was scantily occupied. I personally like hotels abuzz with activity. I guess much better options are available at this price.

Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Somaraju, Owner at Katriya Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 18, 2009
In responce to this review i woluld like say that we have all rudy upgraded the rooms with new LCD's, and thanks for the review.

Travelers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

London
Reviewed March 16, 2009

I stayed at the Katriya de Royal with my entire wedding party, so we occupied over 50 rooms in the hotel. The standard rooms are actually very good, spacious, comfortable and bright. The suites we stayed in were also excellent, with plenty of space and good facilities. So at first glance, the hotel looks amazing, however, when you stay here you are gradually exposed to the laughable service. I don't mean to say the staff were rude, as they were all very friendly and would try their best to help you, however, the staff are unequipped to deal with even the most basic requests as they lack the resources, not the willingness. For a business hotel, the Staff's English is poor, and in true Indian fashion, if they do not understand your request, they will still always say yes, but just never get it done! highly frustrating! In addition, most of my guests were locked out of their rooms due to issues with their room key cards, which seemed to permanently malfunction. However, overall, despite the Fawlty Towers style incidents that occured, the rooms were lovely, the location was excellent, and the food, albeit spicy, was good. Plus the price of the rooms offers excellent value. So all things considered, I would probably stay there again!
One thing to note - the swimming pool is for decorative purposes only, as the hotel is located off a main road and the pool is open air, so unless you want to swim in filth, I'd recommend not using it!

• Stayed February 2009
Toronto
Reviewed July 27, 2008

This is a relatively new hotel and I chose to stay here because it was across the street from where I was working for 2 weeks in Hyderabad.

The hotel has been designed for Indian businessmen. The decor is a bit odd, sort of post-modern meets Victorian and after only one year of operation it's starting to show wear. The seats in the restaurant are filthy, the workmanship in the rooms is very poor and their internet connection is flakey. It's fairly clean, spacious and comfortable, but the service is bizarre and amateur.

I was checked into a room which already had someone occupying it and she was quite surprised to see us. At 12:30 one evening I was sitting in my shorts only, catching up on emails to North America, when a staff member unlocked my door without knocking and wandered in asking if I'd called housekeeping. I asked for a taxi at the front desk and the porter returned from outside with this slimy-looking character who quoted me six times the going rate. When I insisted they call a radio taxi, they couldn't manage to do it, so I went back to my room and did it myself. Service in the restaurant for breakfast was either over-the-top to the point of harassment or completely non-existant. The food was OK, but the buffet was not well tended of stocked regularly. As with many hotels in India, there seem to be more staff than customers, but the staff don't seem to be doing much.

• Liked — Clean, quiet
  • Disliked — Fawlty Towers style service
  • Stayed July 2008
Colorado
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Like the others who have reviewed this hotel I would advise to stay away. I stayed on the 4th floor, and on this floor the walls are paper thin. You can hear EVERYTHING going on in the rooms next to yours. I had problems with my plumbing. Had a black rust like stuff in my watter. My bathtub was covered in this black like dirt. The hotel staff does not understand English very well. I am use to working with people from India and I am use to the communication problems. Here I had to write everything out on paper and go down to the front desk. I stayed in the hotel over 2 weeks and one weekend we went without power for around 18+ hours. Other buildings all around us had power. Just not this hotel. The power would go on and off all weekend. Sometime for hours sometimes for just a few minutes. Wi-Fi is also a problem. If you are in a common area, signal is okay. If not and trying to work from your room, you get a very weak signal. I did not enjoy the food either. It was very hard to find something that I could eat here. I ended up ordering in Pizza a lot. I would stay away.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 25, 2008

This hotel was recommended by one of our local colleagues. Even the website looked nice. Upon arrival, the exterior and the lobby looked good. However the rooms are showing signs of wear. There was mold in the bathtub and rust stains on the door. I booked a deluxe (standard) room and requested non-smoking, so they put me on the Club Floor. Sounds special, but the only thing different I could tell was the wood flooring, which was extremely slippery due to some weird coating. The door has a huge 2 inch gap at the bottom so you can hear everything in the hallway. The power kept cutting out. This is a widespread problem in India, but the hotel should have a backup system. One night there was no hot water at all. Several phone calls to management were useless as they could not understand what I was saying. "There is no hot water" is apparently a difficult sentence. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the food. I recommend staying at another hotel if you are a Westerner (US/Europe) with higher standards.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business