Katriya Hotel & Towers
Stay Inn(Hyderabad)(Great Value!)
$31
$30
Orbitz.com
All reviewskuchipudi restaurantvalue for moneybanquet hallvisited hyderabadbiryanihussain sagar lakebusiness tripcomfortable stayfood qualityambiencesomajigudateluguhospitalitycuisinevarieties
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I organized a party in katriya on November 27th and the memories are still haunting me. I called around 300 people to the party and spent stupendous amount of money on decoration, gifts, cloths etc. I chose Katriya because the halls are spacious. I paid money, chose my menu two days before itself to avoid any disturbances on the party day. I just wanted to have a memorable eveneing with my family and friends. On the event day, I reached hotel by 5pm along with few family members to make sure that decoration and ambience is fine. From 5pm onwards I was requesting hotel staff to put on AC which they did not do. As the hall was in cellar, it was suffocating for us. After so many calls, finally they on AC which was very insufficient to such huge hall. THere was no boys around to assist us in making few arrangements. Finally the party started at 7pm and crowd started coming. As per menu, staff was supposed to distribute snacks and assorted drinks. i was wondering why snacks are not being provided to the people. After many calls to Mr. mandal and Mr. Rajesh, they provided snacks. Many people later told me that snacks never reached them. At 8pm, I again called Mandal asking him to start dinner. He informed me that it will be ready within 15 minutes. Time was 8.45 and still the dinner was not started. Our relatives started complaining and kids were crying for food. After many calls, Mr. Rajesh picked up my phone and informed me that my menu got mixed up with some other party and hence food is not ready. I felt like thunder in my heart. I called up few other staff and they informed me that banquet manager i.e Mr. Mandal did not inform chef about the menu. They started providing some filthy food to the guests and I was completely embarassed to face my people. I never expected in my wild dreams that hotel like Katriya would be so irresponsible in handling the core business. I can never understand how menu can be forgotten. i was in touch with the staff from 5pm onwards atleast by then they should have started preparing some food. It is disgusting and the katriya name haunts me even today. Folks if you want to spend money to have some good memories JUST AVOID KATRIYA.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank RamaGirish
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I attended a birthday function at Katriya Hotel last weekend and was glad to see some positive changes. Since there are regular gatherings at Katriya, I have been keenly observing the transitioning of service and food at the hotel. I observed that things have changed for better. Katriya was a very good hotel when I used to visit frequently few years ago, then saw decline in service, and now see positive changes. The event went well, supervisors were friendly and food was good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Ram K
Reviewed November 30, 2011

This social event of 90+ people held at Terrace Garden, Katriya, was pleasant. This is an open place that was quite relaxing. Snacks and main course were tasty. It would have been nicer if the main course was served hot (burners were off soon and no one really complained). Overall experience was good. One suggestion I have for Katriya management is 'hire people who are more human friendly and have smiling face to improve the experience of visitors or customers'.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank VijayKReddy
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Only one word best explains the service at this so called star hotel Katriya - "PATHETIC". We had a function organised at this hotel for about 300 people and paid astronomical amount expecting service to be good. To our utter surprise apparently (they say) they forgot about the event and did not prepare the menu we requested for......... yes you heard it right, they completely forgot to prepare the food we requested for the event!!! Can you imagine this happening even with a small roadside hotel? May be not. Apparently this is not the first time it happened in Katriya. I will leave it to your imagination what all followed after.

I can say one thing for sure, there is no one in this hotel who is ready to take the responsibility. If they continue with the same shameless team, it is not going to be long before we see this hotel closes for public. Don’t take a chance, please stay away from this hotel.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank VSanem
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I always try to enjoy in business trips. Unfortunately i never had a chance to do so till my last visit to Katriya. This time i requested my team to book a hotel which is middle of the city. Katriya Hotel is very nearer to all major places of Hyderabad, mostly we require 15 to 20 mints journey to reach any destination. I enjoyed a lot and visited quite a few places Golconda, necklace road, Birla temple etc and met few old friends too. I didn't feel like tired even though i had couple of meetings continuously as i used to enjoy in the evenings. It was a good trip. Thanks to all.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business