“Fantastic place for authentic Bengali Food”
Review of Oh! Calcutta

Oh! Calcutta
Ranked #85 of 5,698 Restaurants in Hyderabad
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I think the title of my review says it all. I don't remember the names of the food we ordered (all being Bengali names), but it was after discussions with the waiter. The food was out of this world.....the best I have had so far...but some may find this over-priced, but I thought its worth every penny I spent.

A must visit for all those who want to taste Bengali cuisine.

There are newer reviews for Oh! Calcutta

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love Bengali food and was very excited when I heard Oh! Calcutta had opened in Hyderabad. We were a little early for dinner, but despite that the staff made sure we were comfortable and offered us menu so that we could look at our options while they set the restaurant. The staff who waited our tailor was friendly and gave us good suggestions to order, the food was excellent and the service even better!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Decent ambience and good food. Service is fast and friendly. I love to visit once more for a delicious meal
Ramakrishna

Reviewed July 13, 2013

To start with Food quality was just excellent. The service staff was very courteous. Had Luchi and Chanar dalna to start with followed by Kaju Kismis Pulao, Dav Chingri and Bhetkir paturi. Each and every item was tasty.Ambiance was also very good with different views of Kolkata.

Cost is justified with quality and portion size though some might find it on the higher side.

Overall we enjoyed a lot and definitely would be visiting here again and again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was very excited to hear that this restaurant had opened a branch in Hyderabad. We made a reservation for lunch. When we walked in we were greeted warmly and seated at a good table. The table setting was beautiful, the plates had different scenes of Calcutta on them, The Howrah bridge, etc. One wall had pictures of the famous movie stars, Suchitra Sen, Uttam Kumar-this created a great ambiance.

Now for the food, we ordered luchis and mangsho and the malai shrimp- all the dishes were divine including the mocha chops. For dessert it was bhaapa sandes and nalen gur ice cream. These were highly recommended by the waiter and I am glad we took his advice. Simply out of this world.

I know that this restaurant is going to be on the top of our list whenever we want to eat out. The food, staff and ambiance was A++,