“Cheap but I would only stay there if I need a hotel near the airport”

Sri Anupama Residency
Sri Anupama Residency
Ranked #136 of 566 Specialty Lodging in Hyderabad
Singapore, Singapore
“Cheap but I would only stay there if I need a hotel near the airport”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Period of Stay: 21st Mar - 22nd Mar (1 night)
Cost: 950 INR (including taxes)
Room No.: 104

I chose this hotel because this was my first solo trip to India and I was due to arrive after midnight so I was concerned about taking a taxi to a faraway hotel.

+ points:
(1) Near the airport - about 10-15 min drive, should cost 300 INR using pre-paid taxi [I was scammed but that's another story]

(2) Room was pretty spacious and looked pretty clean (toilet looked ok). Bedsheets and pillow case looked clean and quite firm mattress and pillow so actually quite comfortable.

(3) Seems like the owner speaks very good English (I didn't meet him/her but I had asked for a late check-in timing through Booking.com and the reply via email was a long one with good English) so you could potentially make arrangements with the owner.

- points:
(1) Staff had almost zero command of English. I arrived at about 1am and 2 guys were sleeping at the counter. The old man could not speak English at all and the young man could barely speak English (but able to understand calling a taxi and settling accounts). The old guy also seemed to ask for a tip.

(2) No Wifi even though when I booked on Booking.com it was claimed that there is free Wifi in all areas. I asked the young man about the Wifi and he offered me the computer to be used but I didn't really want to touch the computer...

(3) Dodgy looking area with nothing much around it (there's a Trident Hospital nearby which I used to help me locate the hotel at night). No facilities to speak of in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank MrLukeLau

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last Month on feb 9th on the way to Chennai to vizag we had a night stay at sri anupama residency very near to airport.The hotel was ver neat and room was well maintained.When we asked for a cab after landing in Hyderabad the ,the owner himself picked us as he was some where near to airport on some work.He was so friendly.though restaurant was not there boy bought us dinner which was so tasty.The restaurant was very near at a walkable distance.this was the best budge hotel very neat to airport

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank pavanirajasekhar
Travelers also viewed these Hyderabad hotels
Hotel VJR Residency
#6 of 313 in Hyderabad
Hotel NEEM TREE Residency
Hotel NEEM TREE Residency
#162 of 566 in Hyderabad

Been to Sri Anupama Residency? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sri Anupama Residency

Property: Sri Anupama Residency
Address: A Sri Anupama Residency Building 23 - 183 | Shamshabad, Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad 500036, India
Location: India > Telangana > Hyderabad District > Hyderabad
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service
Ranked #136 of 566 Specialty Lodging in Hyderabad
Hotel Class:2 star — Sri Anupama Residency 2*
Nestled in the heart of Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Sri Anupama Residency is an ideal spot from which to discover Hyderabad. The excitement of the city center is only 14.0 Km away. Also within easy reach are Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport. It is a very economical lodge for travelers. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sri Anupama Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.