“Mekong Sunday Brunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Hyderabad, India
“Mekong Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

So this is a review which is long long overdue. I'll get down to the nitty gritties right away. It was Sunday and we were super super hungry so we reached Mekong at 12.15. There was no buffet spread, that was my first disappointment! Hey if it is a buffet, I want to see the food and drool. They bring it to your table which while maybe a way to make sure your food is fresh and hot, was kinda unfulfilling.
Ok back to the story, reached at 12.15, very few people in the restaurant and the servers are ambling around. We were directed to a table where a paper menu is printed out and laid on your plate , did not like that either. The servers were still ambling and after waiting for 5 min we called someone over to get us our drinks. Not a wide variety to choose from so wasnt very happy about that either. No cocktails included which was another disappointment because I had read reviews about some amazing cocktails.
Now, the only reason I am giving this rating is the food and the service which kinda improved later. I have no complaints aboit the food at all, it was really delicious. I am a big fan of sushi and the salmon sushi cheered my heart .Loved the fish and lotus stem, salad not so much but still ok. Pigged out so much on the starters that did not have space at all for the main course but did try a bit of the fride rice (pretty ok) and the red curry (decent enough)
They served dessert and I really thought I would explode! Took a bite of each of the 3 and they were good enough too. Overall a good experience but not a mind blowing one. I would prefer Urban Asia though purely for the service and cocktails

Visited June 2014

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Sunday brunch - Good VFM”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

At around Rs 1400 per person, their sunday brunch is a VFM deal. You get good selection of wines and cocktails. Do not miss the Coconut ginger mocktail. It is not a buffet set up but items food is served at your table. Most of the items were well made and all meats used was tender.

• Visited April 2014
Hyderabad, India
“Awesome Service Done By Mekong Team”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

When we visited the Mekong restaurant they welcomed us with lots of smile & seated as per our request, served jasmine tea with prawn cracker for start up, suggested the menu which was awful
the team & Team Leader of Mekong is really supportive & helpful

My sincere thanks to the team of mekong

i also strongly recommend this to viewers of TripAdvisor

• Visited March 2014
Chennai (Madras), India
“Great Asian food”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Khao Suey, 7 spice chicken dumpling is excellent. Try the unique Coconut Jaggery ice-cream along with banana britters

• Visited April 2014
Virudhunagar
“Flavourful Asian”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I went for dinner alone after a business conference.

The menu contained an impressive list of Thai, Vietnamese and Japanese food. There was more of seafood and chicken but very little of beef and pork.

It did not matter though as I have become a vegetarian for the next three weeks due to a temple function.

I tried the carrot and asparagus sushi, veg clear soup and Vietnamese fried rice.

The food was fast,fresh and flavourful. I was happy to be a vegetarian for once.

Service was attentive but the music was sad Air Supply instrumentals.