“One of the Best”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

It was an occasion for us to celebrate and we were looking for a very different place. Surprisingly we had not visited this restaurant located in Marigold Hotel before. The ambience is perfectly original, the Asian food is very good but the best part was the service which matches the overall excellence. We had non veg starters originally part of Thai and Tibetan food followed by soup originated from Burma followed .The famous Vietnamese rice bowl and Jaggery ice cream were as good as promised. Overall a blissful meal which was complemented by the watchful service. The only regret was that we could not try many more items on the menu for which we have to visit this place again.

1  Thank antiset11

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you ever want to sink into authentic Thai Food, look no further. It will take you to a place of bliss with every bite. Soothing music too helped getting the mood.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were looking for a good Thai restaurant in the city. which seems to be virtually nil, and hadn't been to the Marigold Hotel before, so this visit was a welcome surprise. At Mekong, I had the Khow Suey, a Burmese soup, which was oh-so-good! Must try, for those who like coconut cream soups! The variety in the menu here made me want to order everything! My husband is a vegetarian, so he ordered a plate of crispy fried tofu, which he loved. It wasn't underdone or overcooked. And then he ordered a plate of Pad Thai, which was not spectacular, but still very good. And then I ordered a plate of jumbo prawns, in their Wok Way menu, which was so juicy, and truly jumbo, not like these shrivelled prawns they give you elsewhere. And then we had the crispy friend banana dipped in chocolate sauce, and served with the restaurant's signature dish, coconut jaggery ice cream. Must try, the whole combo worked great! Overall, we were completely satisfied.

The pricing is pretty reasonable for most dishes, except perhaps for the plate of four jumbo prawns which was almost Rs 1,000. The food we ordered was delivered to the table without much of a wait. The service was attentive, bordering on over-enthusiastic, but I liked that before we even realised it, the waiters were quietly topping up our cups of complimentary jasmine tea. I would go back here again and again for sure!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Right bang in the heart of the city, this is a hidden gem. The new hotel Marigold (entry just besides Green Park) has this excellent restaurant. The food is par excellence. The vegetarian thai curry with steamed rice esp deserves the kudos. My friends enjoyed the prawns and fish items a lot. To top it, the real treat are the desserts: Very highly recommended are jaggery ice cream and sticky rice with mango. Go for it!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is once place i had in my list for a long time as i waited for the right moment enjoy it fully. I was here for the Lazy Sunday Brunch which is priced at 1150 AI.

Mekong truly mesmerized me with the ambiance and the courteous response from the restaurant people. The Mekong is truly a place to be if you are a fan of South east Asian food. The taste is authentic and the service is friendly.

Unlike other brunch's that has a wide spread this one differ's by offering served on to the table. Kabab factory in Banjara hills is the other restaurant which does it. I appreciate this model as we tend to waste less and taste more varieties.

First time I liked Sushi, though i had tasted it several times i was not a fan of it. Here too i thoughtfully picked only one to see how it feels but i went on with a few more servings of the crab and tempura prawn sushi after finding it tasty. Even the vegetarian ones tasted good.

The grilled fish was not that great but still was ok with the Tofu lettuce salad while the prawn's in Hanoi sauce tasted good. I enjoyed the soup and it was authentic in it's taste. After a tummy full with starters i didn't taste much of the main course except for Lamb rendang and prawn curry. Prawn curry was tasty but the Lamb was little salty.

The desserts are worth a special mention i liked both the one with coconut milk and jelly balls and the jaggery ice cream.Being a green tea addict i loved the jasmine tea that was served here along with the rest of the menu.I was impressed when the chef greeted me with a warm smile and said "Thank you" when i left.

You guys are doing a great job :)

If you have a liking for south east asian food then this is definitely the place to be.