“Drinks better than food”
Review of Via Milano

Via Milano
Ranked #219 of 5,825 Restaurants in Hyderabad
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jubilee Hills/Banjara Hills
Reviewed May 20, 2014

For years now I've found that Hyderabad lacks good Italian (or for that matter any European) restaurants. This one is not all that good but is a step in the right direction.... probably Hyderabad's best Italian restaurant.
I went there for dinner today. To start with, I decided to try a few drinks. The menu has a fairly good selection of cocktails, some regular, some a little different. I tried an Orange Margherita, then a Rossini (Raspberry liqueur with Rose wine and Prosecco, and a December Mist (Tequila, whiskey, Grand Marnier and sour mix). All three were quite nice. There was an unusual Blue cheese Martini, and even though I like blue cheese, I didn't want to try that drink.
To eat, I started with Grilled shrimp with mustard dressing which was just about ok but too salty, and a Via Milano Pepperoni Pizza. The pizza itself wad quite decent but had too many onions spoiling the taste (I picked out quite a few pieces but there were too many).
Along with the pizza I had a glass of La Corte Refosco wine which was quite nice.
On the menu I found one pizza called Bollywood pizza which put me off. The name made it sound like they didn't really care about trying to be an authentic Italian restaurant at all.
The restaurant had about 15 tables. When I got there at 8 in the evening, I was the first customer, when I finished, only three other tables were occupied. I wonder how well this place is doing ?

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Used for a team of 16 evening meal, staff were very friendly and attentive, had very civilized 660ml bottles of beer.

Pizza was good, although did seem odd to have raw quite thick parma ham on the top.

Big glass window on the front overlooked the main street; but surprisingly did keep the noise of traffic out.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I loved the food! Best quality hand made lasagne melt in your mouth, crisp and crunchy squid, cooked just right, overall I was very happy with the quality of food even though the quantity was not big.
I left a very happy customer!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were a group of 4 girls and we were clear in our head that we wanted to eat Italian and after having at LIttle Italy we had less options since we were all close by this worked out in terms of Logistics and i would like to mention we made the best choice.

They have a huge spread of Italian and Lebanese food. The salads are really good especially the chicken and pineapple salad. . The breads were awesome, They have a live pasta counter and great pizza as well. The mocktails were really good as well. They have nice comfortable sofas as well as tables and chairs to sit.

Service was quick and detailed. Great food and lovely ambience.Its located in a central location in Jubilee Hills. I particulatly appreciated the selection of antipasta and wine.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Had gone in February for dinner. Sadly the lift was not working so had to climb 4 floor up. It was worth the climb. The food choice was good. Food was tasty too. Was a bit disappointed with the table cloth, our table clothe was dirty and had large stains on it.

Over all nice place for dinner. Prices were reasonable too.

1  Thank Shah2013