“Not quite right”

Ranked #10 of 318 Hotels in Hyderabad
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not quite right”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

For such a nice hotel and with the prestigious Hyatt name on the front there is something disturbingly off. I'll start with the good and end with the terrible service that I would've never imagined. The facilities are very nice, maybe the nicest of any hotel I've stayed in. Most of the staff is friendly, helpful and provide the right amount of server. Some of the staff are what I can only call overly friendly and helpful, or maybe intrusive. For example, whenever I would see the cleaning staff upon exiting my room they would insist on servicing my room even though I had the "do not disturb" sign on my door. On two of those occasions they even physically removed the sign causing me to stop and have a dialogue about how I don't want my room serviced then, let alone on their normal twice a day schedule. Where things get bad is that there are a lot of vague issues that seem to come up on the business side. The hotel was on a list of recommended places and discounted rates provided by my client. When I inquired about the special rate provided to that client I got an response that was 50% higher than the amount the client listed, but my travel dept had already made the reservation. Due to this and some rescheduling we canceled the Hyatt reservation. On the date of the original reservation I got a charge for one night. When we contacted the hotel they said they we had made two reservations for the same stay. One of those reservation had the name of our company's booking system, but not of any employee who would've made the reservation. After some back and forth they agreed to comp one night if we booked my stay for the revised dates, which we did. While it's completely possible the travel department somehow made two reservations we've never seen this problem before, let alone with no record of who did it. Finally, where the business side goes from questionable to deceitful was upon check out I was charged for all of the "complimentary" things I'd received. Upon getting the bill I disputed several charges which some of them were removed on the spot, but my breakfasts, which the staff reminded and assured me were complimentary on four occasions, were not. I thought I'd be able to take care of it when I returned state side but the hotel refuses to refund the charges and the corporate office acts as though it's a lame duck. I wouldn't have expected to have such questionable business practices from an established chain.

4 Thank Joshua W
ParkHyattH, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Hyderabad, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Hyderabad and appreciate your constructive feedback.

We would like to clarify your statement regarding the double booking we are pleased to provide the booking details.

All your stay bookings were made through GDS (Global Distribution Services) by your Travel Desk. When the bookings are processed through GDS very minimal details are shared on the booker and hence we were not able to provide you with the necessary information.

- The first booking was processed on 21.01.2013 for the stay duration from 02.03.2013-09.03.2013 under the best available hotel rate.
- One day later, 22.01.2013 this booking was cancelled by your travel agent and rebooked again on the same day for the same duration under a different rate of corporate travel, which was more favourable in comparison with the initially booked rate.
- The second booking ran no-show and you were charged one night retention as no-show charge, as we had no information about your booking to be postponed.
- On 08.03.2013 a new booking has been made from 19.04.2013-28.04.2013 and as a gesture of goodwill we did not charge the first pre-booked night due to your early arrival on 20.04.2013. All the rates which your agent booked you for were on room basis and hence did not include breakfast. Upon check in the same was reflected in your registration card, which was signed by you and confirmed by our colleague in addition. During your stay you were charged for breakfast daily and you confirmed the charges by singing the restaurant cheques daily. We did our best to make your stay comfortable with us and as appreciation of your long stay included a spa treatment with our compliments. All the courtesy gestures were made by our hotel and hence you were not paying for them. Kindly note that breakfast was not part of your rate offer and therefore the charges for the same were reflected in your final bill.

Rest be assured that the hotel does not have any intention to ask you to pay more than what your actual bill is.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Turkish first
Bangalore
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Check in and out was a breeze. The room was large and really worth every penny. The staff is very accommodating and my late night calls to the guest services were attended within no time. Stayed here for 2 days and felt very relaxed. The wi fi was reliable. All bakery items were yummy. All staff members greet merrily and not bothersome.

The only negatives for me were the bathroom and food. Might not be safe for the elderly and children and does not have a phone inside.
The breakfast buffet serves only continental food. Indian breakfast items must be served A La Carte which i found a bit odd.

All in all the hotel is of very high standards and i would be glad to recommend it and visit the beatiful property again.

Princeton, NJ
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Positives - New Hotel - large rooms - good spa - excellent service - good location
Negatives - Restaurant selection somewhat limited - 3 to be exact - a general restaurant service a mix of Indian and continental cuisine - an Italian restaurant (that is quite good) and an Asian restaurant focused on small plates.

I booked the Park Suite King - a truly amazing room - one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in - beautiful bathroom - large living room and bedroom. One negative - the air conditioning was quite cold and the controls on the wall seemed to have no effect in regulating the temperature. One point to note, this hotel is not a traditional hotel in India - it has very modern fixtures and amenities - if you want a classic Indian hotel this would be the wrong choice. If you prefer modern European functionality then this is the perfect choice.

The limo service was excellent - I was upgraded to a BMW when I left for the airport - and the service was always topnotch.
The spa was nice - and the outdoor pool - although somewhat small - was quite pleasant - clean and warm.
The exercise room was adequate - somewhat small, but not heavily used.
The hotel seems to have relatively low occupancy - it appeared that all guests were being put on the 6th floor - this was fine for me - but I was surprised how few guests were in the hotel.

Overall a great experience - the hotel was an Oasis of calm in the bustling city of Hyderabad!! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Park suite King is an perfect choice - wonderful large room.
1 Thank NeilGreg
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed April 12, 2013

One among the latest hotels in Hyderabad, this hotel is also one of the best. The whole architecture is too good. The ambiance makes you feel relaxed. The food is very good and so is the service. The staff is also very co-operative. Though did not stay there, but attended some functions where we spent quite some time there. The overall experience was very very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in February 2013 over a couple of occasions. The first thing that strikes you is the architecture and spacious interiors.
The check in was ultra fast and effecient. The rooms were beautiful, and extremely spacious. Only gripe i had was that the water from the shower area tended to leak out to the room (happened both the times i was there, so i guess it is a design flaw).
Excellent gym and a pool.
The restaurants were excellent, especially the Italian restaurant.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the atrium or corridor as they practically have a zero view. On a weekend night...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drmadhut
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wow! Stayed for the first time in this property and was quite impressed by what they've done with the limited area they have. All is swank and stylish, a refreshing change from the other faded if fabled properties nearby. Top service as expected from Hyatt and also a little bit more - I hope they continue to be as keen even as the days go by. Nice touch with the complimentary chocolates and wine!

The bathroom 'area' is quite different and takes some getting used to but I like it! Only thing is the shower area and bath tub need to be overlaid with non-slip material as otherwise it can get dicey, especially as there are no grab rails. It can in fact be dangerous for senior citizens (though I'm not there yet :-) ). But overall, an excellent refuge from the din an dust!

Room Tip: Some people complained here that the windows look out on the atrium but I had no problem with it as...
1 Thank IntrepidT766
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My goodness what an afternoon at the Park Hyatt.
The buffet was sensational. The produce brought in from all over the world was amazing.
An extravagant lunch for my family but we were very pleased we did it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family