“A five star experience”

Marigold By Greenpark
Ranked #12 of 317 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was considering radisson or ITC for my trip to Hyderabad. But both were woking out very expensive. Then I found this hotel on trip advisor and I decided to go with this one and I think it was a very good decision that I took.
In the same cost as radisson I got dinner included in this package. Radisson had big rooms but this were also of a descent size.
It's a very clean and plush hotel. Nicely designed.
The food was excellent. Not many options in a la cart but the buffet comes with vast options. Around 18 desserts to choose from. Would recommend buffet. They also have another asian restaurant but never had a chance to explore.
The housekeeping is very good and prompt. Overall service of the hotel was up to the mark.
If you walk out of the hotel there are some medical and general shops close by. One can buy mineral water or any other day today items if required.
The Lifestyle store is also close by for any shopping.
The overall experience was almost like a five star hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on second floor and the room was quiet good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DIPS30
There are newer reviews for Marigold By Greenpark

Reviewed November 16, 2013

To my surprise they upgraded me to a suite room.. the hotel is truly a nice place to stay for business trip. I liked the gym and open space in the top floor where a nice swimming pool is located. I enjoyed my 20 minutes of Taichi early in the morning near the pool . You don't usually get nice clean places like this to do a round of Taichi in hotels. I will continue to stay here during my future trips, if i get the same rate from Cleartrip !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank M Ramakrishnan K
Reviewed November 15, 2013

It was my first time in Hyderabad and I had not expected the high posh excellence and service.The hotel is the height of luxury and comfort, combined with superb service. I was pampered from my arrival to departure with utmost hospitality . Actually, even before I arrived, their Manager, Mr. Rajesh, was in constant communication with me regarding the birthday arrangement of my fiance . I came to Hyderabad to give surprise b day party to my fiance .All the staff of hotel was helping me in decorating the room with flowers , balloons n candles also provided me damn yummy chocolate cake on complimentary basis. Due to their help i was able to make that moment special for my fiance . Thank you so much each one of you for kind support for giving me beautiful memories of my first visit to Hyderabad. This hotel has exceeded expectations on all fronts: customer service and staff interaction, room views, size, and turn-down service, hotel breakfast and in-room service, hotel location, amenities. Lobby space is large spacious and picture perfect. Rooms are very well kept staff is very helpful n Fresh breakfast. I strongly recommend this hotel best to stay in Hyderabad

Room Tip: I stayed in luxury room and it is nt less then any delux sweet suite
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shruti s
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Marigold is one of the few hotels that I not only liked, but I was sad to leave it, so comfortable did I find it. It is a true five-star large boutique hotel, extremely well designed and spotlessly maintained. It has a concentric design and five floors, the rooms open partially into the lobby and partially to the outside. It is next to and the luxury spinoff of the Green Park Hotel.

I had a studio facing the inside, two rooms, well designed, perfect a/c, great furniture, almost empty minibar. Plenty of good water, great linens and towels. A perfect, strong, quickly-hot shower with good water, good pressure, space but not too much space and the rough granite floor one really should have everywhere in showers these days but surely doesn’t.

The hotel has a first-class, indeed world-class Asian fusion restaurant inside, the Mekong (see my review of that as well), but its atrium restaurant, Saffron Soul, is just outstanding in spread and quality – some here have voiced minor criticism such as about variety; I stayed here for a week and it never got boring. Great food, great ingredients, great service! Especially the various sweets were almost too good – I could not resist them and needed extra time in the small but surely sufficient gym (all machines I need, and I need a few weird ones, were there).

Actually, the service: In spite of all the other positive points, it is the personal service, pro-active yet not obtrusive, that makes the Marigold outstanding. This balance is difficult to find; they have found it – great staff, great training (this does not come automatically). Especially good was my room maintenance person; the room was always perfectly and promptly done, and he is a towel artist, and I really enjoyed a small elephant and later also some swans just sculpted by folding and twisting from towels. The Marigold staff is world class, and a reason for coming back by itself.

Three small glitches that don’t take away from the experience: Wlan failed the day I checked in and as it was Sunday, could not be fixed; it remained shaky. Music from the lobby, during main food hours, was just a bit too loud as one can hear it in the rooms. And the main bathroom mirror ends too early; I could not see my face in it without bowing, not even my neck (maybe it teaches humility? ;-) )

I was originally booked into the Westin Mindspace (the #2 in Hyderabad), and that was cancelled because my host this week has a contract with, and booked me into, the Marigold. I am very glad about that, because I could not have wished for a better hotel. For my lifestyle and my money, we are easily talking Adlon, Claridge’s, Amigo etc. here; it is better than any of the top chain hotels, at least for what I define as comfort for me. I hope to be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aethelred
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had requested to stay at the Green Park, but our Delhi agency upgraded us to the Marigold, a five-star property next door owned by the same hotel group.

The Green Park folk are no slouches (possibly they're being trained for the hotel next door). When we arrived at the Green Park for check-in, they quickly organized a little taxi to haul us and our luggage all of two hundred feet to the Marigold.

We were greeted by a be-sari’ed Nikita, who was as charming as the woman we worked with next door, though perhaps a little more aloof as befits her higher station, but nonetheless extremely helpful. She heeded our request for a room as far as possible from the wedding festivities, and advised us on the free internet, the pool, the buffet breakfast. She gave us our room keycard and internet password. We informed the luggage wallahs the room number (one of whom produced a ballpoint and noted down the number on our tags). Then Nikita swished her sari along to lead us to the room, which was diagonally across from any place that might be associated with the wedding, also as far as possible from the elevators.

The room was fine and the hotel was much fancier than we wanted or needed but we gladly accepted the upgrade from our agency.

After our mid-day arrival, we ate lunch in the restaurant, whose prices were much higher than we are accustomed to paying for food in India. We ordered soup, which was rather mild and had little taste, and small appetizer selections. In addition to what we ordered, many amuse-bouche showed up. We actually were full before all of our order arrived. The wait staff at lunch and at the buffet breakfasts was very attentive.

The hotel is a good distance from the sites in Hyderabad, but so too was every hotel we researched. The problem is that the traffic in Hyderabad is about the worst traffic we have encountered in our 9 trips to India. We knew we could not go out for dinner - getting anywhere was out of the question even though we had a car with driver.

We ate breakfast daily at the buffet which was included in our booking. Lots and lots of food, everything one could want and more. For our other lunches we were away from the hotel and in town. For dinners, we got take-out from a little place on the main road - nothing terribly great, nothing fancy but it kept us fed. It was very dangerous crossing the road at night and we took torches with us, not to light the way but in hopes that speeding vehicles wouldn't hit us. We found an English Wine Shop across the road from the hotel to meet our needs.

We enjoyed our stay here and appreciated the kind service from the entire staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

A Nice place to stay. Gr8 hospitality. I saw a mix of travelers staying in the hotel. ie business travellers, young couples and families.

The hotel also has got great halls for wedding receptions/ meetings etc.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. One of the lift works between ground floor and fourth floor only.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a good breakfast at Greenpark!
It lacked the lavish touch of a star property, but was very good at the price.
The food was tasty, what was lacking is the spread. The innovative mutton idly was extremely soft and done very well.
Service was, like always, upto the mark.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple