I cannot praise this hotel enough. From our 3 AM arrival at the airport, prompt pick up by a hotel car, invisible check in (it all happens while you get your luggage into the room), and throughout our 3 night stay that included many interactions with hotel staff, we had nothing but a 100% perfect experience (and this is not easy to find in India). There is a high amount of security (metal detector) and bag search, and, of course, you drive though a gate to get on the property (there's always a gate if you go somewhere nice).
As another reviewer had said, the Taj Krishna is the oasis of peace and tranquility in a very busy, noisy and dirty city. The hotel interior is simply beautiful with marble and dark wood, the rooms are in classic English style; not large but nicely furnished; and very nice products in the bathroom. You have a safe and mini bar in the room.
We chose a package that gave us access to the club level (go directly to the Taj website to figure it all out but book on Expedia, who give a better price but allow the same cancellation policy as the hotel), which meant that we could choose from a (free) lovely breakfast buffet every morning and have snacks and alcohol at certain times of the day. There was full butler service, which meant that you could get an unlimited amount of water bottles and could have gotten support with any other issue.
There are very nice grounds, including a swimming pool (we did not have a chance to use it) and a small gym in the basement. There was enough room in it to do yoga on the floor.
We booked drivers for day trips at the hotel. You could definitely find a cheaper "ride" on the street, but the hotel had decent cars and we did not have to negotiate. A lot of drivers (and people) speak very little English, so having a hotel driver ensures that he knows where you are going (they also have water for you). For Americans it was still very cheap, e.g. $50 for a 4 hour tour through the city. Make sure to tip everybody at the hotel with a few dollars - little for us and a lot for them.
The location is on top of a hill; there are other Taj hotels close by but I understand that this "Leading hotel of the World" is the best. We were told that the hotel location is in a very good area but, frankly, we did not see any nice areas in Hyderabad. It is very dirty, poor and crazy traffic. Expect to move 10 km in 45 minutes. We saw the Charminar, the Fort and Chowalla palace, which we enjoyed but don't just come to the city for sight seeing.
We did some shopping by Charminar in the market. There are plenty of shops, and you'll enjoy it if you like to negotiate and don't mind having no idea what a fair price is. As everything seems very poor, I found it impossible to press anybody in prices.
The Indian restaurant at the hotel was spectacular. Great food, atmosphere and service. It definitely is very pricey for India but we saw wealthy Indians there for a special occassion.
There is a modern mall across the street and we "made it" (don't expect traffic to ever stop at the light). We were told the best way is to go in a car and ask them to make a U-turn, but that seems extreme. Just run fast :-). There is also a very nice Indian sari/out fit store on the same side of the street as the hotel, opposite the mall, which I liked and met some USA Indian Expats at.
Bottom line, this hotel over-exceeded all of our expectations, and we love luxury hotels like the Ritz Carlton. The service was unmatched. The morning we checked out at 5:30 AM the lobby staff offered to make us breakfast and fetched us masala tea, coffee and orange juice. I got support from a lovely lady named Fuzia to put on my sari for a friend's wedding (which took 45 minutes). Thanks Taj Krishna staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj Krishna in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, is one of the most distinguished addresses in the city. Its proximity to the business district has furthered the hotel’s reputation as the epicenter of Hyderabad with its graceful architecture blending aesthetically with modern facilities. Along with its repertoire of renovated features, the hotel offers a perfect blend of contemporary comfort and stylish sophistication. With The Chambers,the city’s exclusive power statement, the newly-updated Deluxe Rooms, the in-house lifestyle store Taj Khazana and the soon-to-be re-launched Golden Dragon, the hotel has unarguably become Hyderabad’s most-preferred address offering the finest accommodation for discerning heads of state, corporate czars, celebrities and Royalty travelling to India. Indeed, it is a tribute to hospitality and service, complimenting the broad boulevards and leafy splendors of Hyderabad. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Taj Krishna Hyderabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Krishna Hyderabad Hotel Hyderabad
- Taj Krishna Hotel Hyderabad
- Hotel Taj Krishna