“Sheer Luxury”

Taj Krishna Hyderabad
Ranked #18 of 330 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Taj hotel, the name itself shows the grandness and the luxury of the hotel. This hotel also contributes well in carrying forward the name of the TAJ. The breakfast is pretty vast with much varieties. The stay is super luxury and the location is really good. You have many restaurants and few malls nearby. It was a real pleasure staying here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kanurawat
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your kind comments on our hotel, food, services and I have shared your compliments with all our team members.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj Krishna, Hyderabad soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

After my previous stay at the Taj Land's end this was a bit of a step down but still a very nice hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the rooms were nice. Unfortunately the pool was closed for repair. I went to dinner with a colleague at Firdaus and it was a delicious meal, especially the biryani. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and stay here during my next trip to Hyderabad.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2015

Dear Guest ,

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we greatly value your feedback. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj Krishna, Hyderabad soon.

Sarabjeet Singh

Director Operations-TAJGVK Hotels and Resorts Ltd., and General Manager-Taj Krishna

Reviewed May 28, 2014

To me Taj Hotels are known for their warmth and I could experience it. Be it at the time of check-In, or be it for the food or in room dining , everything was too good.
We had stayed there for three nights. Food quality is exceptional. wide range of wine options. Breakfast also has wide variety and they were even prompt enough to get something made for me specially. In room dining service and also house keeping is 10/10.
Overall, Truly amazing of various Taj that I have stayed!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

swimming pool was on repair, the room was not so spacious, old fashioned (people with taste for art gallery, Historic monuments etc may like it) , tight pillows and yet to be updated with reasonably latest electronic gadgets like LCD/ LED TV... Breakfast was too good, overall service was good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Vignesh N

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I've been Hyderabad in May 2013 for business and I stayed in this wonderful hotel for two days.
The hotel lobby has impressive and luxury design. My room was deluxe room which has garden and city view. The room was big and comfy but the decoration was not good that I expected.
The staff were very helpfull and friendly. My suitcase was broken and they helped me as far as they could, I appreciate for that.
There was buffet breakfast and dinner that had various foods in the main restaurant. Both of them were good. You can also choose meal from the menu at the same restaurant, I tried biryani but I've eaten better than this before.
Eventually, I recommend this wonderful hotel for everybody.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I had come down to the Firdaus restaurant for dinner . Staff was helpful courteous and prompt . Meal portions and variety is good and it's worth it . The overall experience was great in the restaurant . Four stars . Service great . But value got marred in the end after meal at reception .
But as mentioned earlier by me also the front desk personnel need to improve a lot .
A simple query pertaining to room rate with meals AP plan - was not handled well . This was a lady staff not wearing a name badge that time unfortunately . The person said " sorry sir we can't offer you the rates . It's confidential and meant only for corporates " FYI . I'm a taj member for four years now . Needless to say this should be handled better , and I'm disappointed .

• Stayed: April 2014
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will always be grateful to our Guests, like you who help us to improve our level of service. You are a vital part of our continued growth and success.

I have therefore taken up the specific instance with our Front Office Manager and the Staff at Reception. At the Taj group and the Taj Krishna, we pride ourselves on the professionalism and warmth of our services. It is indeed very disturbing that we were unable to put our best foot forward at the Taj Krishna, this visit. We have addressed the relevant issue with the concerned staff as well, and planned adequate training to ensure that this does not repeat again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are glad to note that overall you had a good dinner experience with us.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed here last week, as usual it is a gorgeous hotel overall with very attentive staff. The rooms are nice, the food is amazing, it is like living in an art gallery. All good stuff.

One real issue is the their amazing swimming pool is completely out of action for the next month or so. Even though there on business I like to go to the pool first thing in the morning and after work, but couldn't. It's one reason i go to the Krishna rather than the Deccan. The Krishna pool is empty and is being completely rebuilt, concrete everywhere, a building site. You can use the pool at the Deccan (a free short car ride away) but it is more limited, smaller, and only about 8 plastic sun beds. The hotel should tell guests in advance that the pool is out of action, it is unreasonable not to.

At this level of 5*+ hotel it is the little things that annoy you that you notice.

I was taken to my room, and then had to work out how to open the electric window blind. I couldn't get the cordless phone to work and couldn't find the complimentary water (hidden under the tv). Small things but annoying and I had to phone reception to sort them out. Then the desk lamp didn't come on - there was a hidden cord switch that should have been on but was off, the desk lamp being controlled by the bed side panel. The next day the bedside lamp was switched off at its cord switch even though it is controlled by the main switch panel. All annoying things.

The housekeeping staff are compulsive obsessive, tidying and moving your things. Eg do you like to get back to your room to find the phone chargers with their cables unplugged and folded up and an elastic band around the cable holding it folded? Your laptop lead disconnected and folded with rubber bands around the cable? Stuff off the coffee table put on the desk? All your bathroom stuff 'tidied up' and moved into the approved position? Not me! I did some "please don't move or touch my stuff" notes leaving them on the bedside table, table, desk, TV table and bathroom and they stopped moving everything. I'm very tidy and like my stuff where *I* want it, not where they think it should go.

Secondly in the bathroom, the bath and shower has a fixed glass screen along the edge of the bath starting at the tap end, and an opening glass door at the other end, ie instead of a shower curtain. To get in the bath for a shower you enter by the glass door and close it and then move to the far end of the bath for the shower controls. The problem is, you have to be in the bath with the shower running to set the water temperature via the hot and cold taps, so you get frozen or boiled as you set the temperature. You're trapped in it by the fixed glass panel. The hot water takes time to arrive and then gets very hot, so it is hard to set. An incredibly stupid design. If the door was at the shower / taps end, you could just put your arm in to set the temperature before getting in, this way you have to be right inside the bath by the shower before you can reach the taps and suffer the hot or cold spraying over you before the water is at the right temperature, as the shower head is fixed to the wall pointing at you!

Small things really but not being annoyed by the hotel is what you expect at this type of property.

Room Tip: Normally a swimming pool view is ideal, but this currently shows you a messy building site