“Best Bed & Banana Pancakes!”

Taj Krishna Hyderabad
Ranked #16 of 313 Hotels in Hyderabad
GoTravel0033
“Best Bed & Banana Pancakes!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My experience this year over my stay last year was SOOOO much better. Last year I had an issue with my smoke detector going off and no bottled water. This year, I had neither of those issues, so I could enjoy the hotel more. Arshad - one of the hotel service staff has gone above and beyond both last year and this year to make sure my experience was incredible. He is so friendly and helpful! He even remember me from last year to this year. Also the bed. Oh the bed! When you are not being interrupted by a smoke detector beep every 5 minutes, one can sink into the world's greatest bed. The toiletries in the room smell and work great, but the mini bar is overpriced compared to other hotels. Now let me tell you about the breakfast! Last year, I walked into the restaurant and the manager looked at me and said, "I think you need a banana pancake" and I really did. It was the BEST banana pancake I ever had and I spent a whole year thinking about it. I was so excited to order the pancake again this year and it lived up to my year long expectation. It sounds weird to order a pancake in India, but after 3 weeks, sometimes you need something different :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your kind comments on our hotel, food, services and I have shared your compliments with all our team members.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj Krishna, Hyderabad soon.

and General Manager-Taj Krishna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Arabic first
sfo
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My son and I stayed at the Taj Krishna a couple of weeks ago. It was my son's first trip to India hence I wanted to make sure that the experience was pleasant and that he was not influenced by the negative publicity of India.

I contacted the Hotel prior to making reservations and voiced my concern to Mr. Hadi (Duty Manager). My main concern was that I was travelling alone with a 14 year old teenager - safety, hygiene, things to see and to experience Mughlai cuisine was on the top of my list. He was extremely polite and pleasant and assured me that they would take care of us and there would not be a single thing to worry about - and that's exactly what the Taj delivered!

After speaking with Mr. Hadi I shortly thereafter received a call from Mr. Jain (Sr Management team of the Taj) who again assured us that the trip would be nothing but successful and enjoyable. We had no agenda in mind other than seeing an Indian city, experience the food and the culture. All in all the trip was of 4 days.

Our flight arrived in Hyderabad at midnight and from the minute we stepped out of customs a Taj representative was waiting - very polite gentlemen - our driver from the airport to the Taj was Mr. Jaleel who ended up being our driver for the rest of the 3 days was also knowledgeable and polite.

The rest of the trip was well taken care of with much care and outstanding hospitality provided by Mr. Hadi and Mr Jain along with the rest of the staff. Special thank you to Kenneth who ensured that my son had just about everything that he wanted in terms of culinary delights during breakfast. Kenneth was not present during our last day and his absence was felt!

The hotel is centrally located next to couple of shopping malls (if that's what you are into) - but the hotel arranged a private tour of the city highlighting the prominent monuments to see - Mr Hadi outlined places of interest to see and ones to eliminate, which worked out perfect - especially with a 14 year old in tow !

I can't thank Mr. Hadi and Mr Jain enough for their hospitality and to make this trip a memorable one. I could go on and on about these two gentlemen and the hotel but that would make the review extremely lengthy. All in all an OUTSTANDING experience. It would not have been possible without the supervision of Mr Haadi, Mr Jain and again a very special thank you to Kenneth for providing us with dishes during breakfast that were not part of the main buffet.

With much love -

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank danvillepenang
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this review, March 15, 2014

North Lincs.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had booked a club room which entitled us to complimentary transfer from the airport. The Taj representative to our surprise met us at the baggage collection belt and helped us transfer our luggage to the car waiting us. Great transfer but the chauffeur forgot to offer us the bottled water as they always do. Neither was there an offer of chilled towels. None of this was terribly inconvenient although these small gestures traditionally provided by the Taj, reflects the hotel's care and attention to detail.
The check in was smooth at the club lounge.

At around 1AM after freshening up, we decided to order room service. The room service menu had a wide variety of food on order. We decided upon a South Indian and a North Indian thali each.
The order arrived on time. When the butler started laying out the dishes, it seemed to be an endless array of bowls and pots. The amount of food laid out could have easily catered for six diners!! The following day we complained to the hotel's guest relations manager who was sympathetic and resonated our concerns over the lack of proper advise provided by the "order taker" . He along with other members of the hotels staff agreed that the meals in question could very well have sufficed for six instead of two. There were no gesture from the hotel management to redeem themselves or to rectify matters despite all the right noises made by Vikas Pal, the guest relations manager.

The butler service was excellent in terms of providing a personal service. The happy hours at the club lounge was particularly great but there was a distinct lack of imported Scotch whiskey. This was provided by the Taj lounge during our previous stay as club guests in the past. The hours devours during happy hour can too be improved upon. Sidharth Ahuja and Sunil, the two butlers in the lounge were particularly attentive but so were the rest.

Parts of the main lounge on the ground floor were closed due to renovation. The swimming pool was also being renovated and this meant that guests wanting to swim had to go to their sister property Taj Deccan.

Turndown service was excellent as was room cleaning and housekeeping in general. Extra towels and toiletries were always provided.

The Chinese restaurant, Golden Dragon reputed to serve up one of the best Chinese food in the metropolis lived up to its promise. Rajan and Md. Nassir asst managers were great hosts working in this restaurant.

Breakfast served in the main restaurant left nothing to be desired. Kenneth, the manager at this restaurant made sure of this!!

This hotel is centrally located for both shopping and business but needs serious renovation of its guest rooms. Having said this, it is great value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will always be grateful to our Guests, like you who help us to improve our level of service. You are a vital part of our continued growth and success.

I have therefore taken up the specific instances with the concerned Heads of the Departments and we are also reviewing our internal processes to ensure satisfaction to the guest . Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This business hotel is fading. The rooms are larger than normal with a reasonable amenities but nothing unexpected and the fittings, decor and presentation is dated but well maintained. The public areas are well maintained but again lack a completeness, order and modern functionality. Next time I will stay in a modern hotel in a better business location, (that said it has good connectivity to the airport via tollway).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this review, September 14, 2015
Dear Guest ,

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we greatly value your feedback. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj Krishna, Hyderabad soon.

Sarabjeet Singh

Director Operations-TAJGVK Hotels and Resorts Ltd., and General Manager-Taj Krishna
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Taj Krishna in Hyderabad in one of the executive rooms. My stay was extremely comfortable and very well spent after a hard day of work and traveling. The executive club facilities and the staff were great

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your kind comments on our hotel, services and I have shared your compliments with all our team members.

Pune, India
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Taj Krishna is very well located. Close to all the boutiques and restaurants. With a 10 minute drive to jubliee hills it was very convenient. Road are great, and very well connected. Easy to get a taxi or public transport too.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side and the suites need a long walk.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your kind comments on our hotel and I have shared your compliments with all our team members.

Sevenoaks Uk
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The Taj Krishna upholds the excellent standard of the TAJ group. Our room was beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable. The coffee shop was very good. The Firhaus restaurant was outstanding. The staff were always obliging and efficient. Thoroughly recommended for business or leisure stay

Room Tip: Higher floors best
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your kind comments on our hotel, food, staff, services and I have shared your compliments with all our team members.