“Perfect”

Ranked #16 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was my first stay in India and I was very impressed with the Taj Krishna. The hotel itself is beautiful, the food is very good and the service is the best I ever had. I particularly enjoyed having breakfast outside.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we greatly value your feedback. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj Krishna, Hyderabad soon.

and General Manager-Taj Krishna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
Bournemouth
Reviewed December 5, 2013

my first time in India so was unsure of what to expect of the hotel. The security surprised me, when the car was checked prior to entering the hotel gates including a mirror under car, but at least I knew I was safe. The hotel scan all luggage including handbags & everyone walks through a scanner too. I was greeted with a smile & professionally checked in & shown to my room, which was of a fair size, clean & light. The breakfast was as most hotels help your self & items cooked to order. Nothing special but ok. We ate dinner in the hotel on the nights we stayed & both restaurants were excellent. The Chinese was superb & so was the indian. The reception staff were very helpful when I mentioned I wanted to look at pearls & took me to the hotel jewellers, who looked after me without being pushy. I know there were 2 shopping malls within walking distance from this hotel but I didn't have time to visit them.
A good place to stay that I would return too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn S
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your kind comments on our hotel, food, services and I have shared your compliments with all our team members.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj Krishna, Hyderabad soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2013

His Taj property is of good standard, but needs some renovations in the rooms.
We stayed on the club floor which is a nice experience.
Check in on the club floor is done in your room, add the drinks in the evening is a nice way to relax after the day.
Th breakfast is plentiful and sitting outside is a enjoyable way to start the day.
We ate in one of the hotel restaurants one night which I will review desperately.
The rooms and bathrooms really do need some renovating as they are really starting to show the age of the property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will always be grateful to our Guests, like you who help us to improve our level of service. You are a vital part of our continued growth and success.

We have noted your feedback and consider your suggestions as and when the renovation takes place.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a 5 star luxury hotel and it does live up to the expectations. The rooms are extremely clean and grand!. I was "extremely impressed" with the quality of service (reception, room service, in-room dining and laundry).

However, there were a couple of things that I personally didn't like:

1) Airport style security check:
Before entering the hotel, we do need to go through an airport-style security check (which I greatly appreciate) but "always" followed by a pat-down which was a bit uncomfortable. The luggage (or pretty much anything else in your hand) is sent through the x-ray machine
On one of the days, I went out and got myself some food. The security officer (at the x-ray) asked me what room the food is for. The question, while innocuous, didn't make much sense to me. He has no business in finding out what room the food is for!. Note that I did clarify to him that I wasn't a food-delivery guy..

2) Lack of coordination
One of my friends left a package for me at the hotel reception which I was out. After I was back at the hotel, I went to the reception and asked for the package. They said no one left any package and asked me to check with concierge desk. The concierge desk had no idea too. I panicked, called my friend and he swore he left the package at the reception. When I went to my room, the package was in my room! - apparently the reception did ask the bell desk folks to leave the package in my room.

I certainly did not expect this level of coordination - or lack thereof - at a 5-star hotel.

Overall, I did have a pleasant stay though.

Room Tip: Ask for room with City view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I have therefore taken up the specific instance with our Security Manager and the Front Office Manager, we are also reviewing our internal processes to ensure that such incidents do not recur in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been staying at the Taj Krishna for circa 5 years when on business in Hyderabad. It was always a highlight. This time all sorts of small things were mediocre, adding up to a disappointing stay. First point: Dinner at Alfresco: we chose to eat a la carte instead of from the extensive buffet as we just wanted a simple pasta dinner. Despite an extensive red wine list, virtually nothing on it was actually available. We were offered Indian wines or just two international red wines, both of which were cheap plonk. The bread in the bread basket was hard and stale, as if the buns had been out all day at the buffet. Our pasta dishes were barely adequate, my spinach ravioli had such hard edges that I cut (sawed) them off and ate only the stuffing. (And my legs got covered in mosquito bites.) Second: laundry, we asked one evening for my husband's suit to be pressed and delivered by 8:30 the following morning. At 9am the next morning we finally phoned to ask where the suit was. (We were on the club floor with supposedly better service.) Third: No international newspapers. Not even a printout after I asked (as we had received a printout of some international press in the New Dehli Taj Palace a few nights earlier). I clearly remember getting an Int'l Herald Tribune on previous stays. Fourth: Spa - had to cancel my body scrub & massage appointment as the female attendant was apparently off ill and so there were only male attendants. Why could a temp/substitute not have been brought in? Fifth: although we were booked as a couple, the room was only prepared with amenities, towels, robes, etc., for one occupancy. Plus the cleaning service was a little too intrusive, always knocking to check things, etc. Sixth: business centre - we only had one laptop between us so I wanted to use a computer at either the club level or at the business centre but was told it was limited to just 1/2 hour even if no other club guests were present. And there seemed to be very few guests in the club level lounge for the three days we were at the hotel. Seventh: pool is being renovated which is a good thing but it certainly was depressing to go over the street to the Taj Decclan to use that sister hotel's pool. The Taj Decclan was very rundown and seemed to reinforce our feeling that the Taj is not maintaining their hotel chain to the high standards of the past. The Krishna rooms are a bit tired and dated, they need renovation, perhaps it is scheduled after the pool project. The lobby is beautiful and the service is very friendly, but we will be trying another hotel upon our return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Skib99

I have therefore taken up the specific instance with our Food & Beverages Manager,Executive Chef and the Executive House Keeper. We are also reviewing our internal processes to ensure that such incidents do not recur in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Bangalore, India
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Hotel lobby is nice and specious, reception staff very courteous. This is not a very new property and it shows up as you walk through the corridor to your room, my room was pretty ok, I won't call it specious but it wasn't very tiny either. TVs need serious upgrade, was surprised to see old CRT TVs. Bath fittings, while dated, were not worn out, so no complaints there.

I was here for 2 nights, so the only things I could try were Breakfast and in-room dining. Breakfast spread was good, like the usual in any star hotels. I tried Mutton Biryani for dinner on one of the nights - very tasty, generous quantity and very quick service.

One thing Taj is synonymous with is Great Service, what this property lacks in features, it makes it up in it's service. VERY courteous staff - right from room service to reception to the restaurant. I had few of my American colleagues staying at this place and they were bowled over by the amazing service provided by the hotel staff, always ready to go that extra mile for their customers.

Overall, an excellent place, a reasonably priced star hotel with excellent service!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this review, December 30, 2013

San Francisco
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I came here for a business trip. Hotel facility is what I expect a nice hotel in India. Breakfast is good and service is great.
Nothing else I can say about the hotel. Everything is up to the standard. We requested a late checkout and hotel honored that with no question.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business