“A Budgeted 5 star”

Ranked #29 of 318 Hotels in Hyderabad
Indore, India
“A Budgeted 5 star”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The Taj Banjara is an older Taj hotel and the rooms are just fine but since the price is very reasonable. Usually its very difficult to get Taj hotels at such throwaway prices. I would recommend the hotel if you are not looking for utmost luxury. The services are good as other Taj hotels. Food quality and taste is good as compared to other hotels in Hyd. Plus the location makes it very convenient for business travelers.

Room Tip: Avoid opening your lake side windows
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SRanju, General Manager at Taj Banjara Hyderabad, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the feedback given and it is our pleasure that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

It is only through valuable feedback from our esteemed guests like yourself that we can improve our product and services.

Vikas Yadav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I visited Hyderabad for a friend's wedding, and after browsing the possible hotel options I finally selected Taj Banjara, and I would rate my 3 days stay as a good experience. Although Taj Banjara has a relatively low level of service compared to the company's other two options in the city i.e. Taj Deccan and Taj Residency but completely qualifies as a five star. The cleanliness, comfort in the room and quality & options of food are good. One think which I really liked about the hotel is the kindness of the staff be it room service or house keeping, they are always keen to help you and that too in a welcoming mood. I do recommend this hotel, as it completely value for money.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with a good view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Mumbai
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed here only for a day but can surely tell you that you will get better stay options in the city. Though its one of the most famous lot but didn't match to my expectations. The rooms are quite old with old furniture. Buffet food not so good. Not a lot of options for breakfast. Smelling and dirty lake (so called). Although staff was very helpful so that credit goes to them.

Room Tip: Take the lake side rooms only for the view

Greetings from Taj Banjara, Hyderabad!

It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with the highest quality of products and services and I am sorry to note that we have fallen short in this regard.

May I request you not to hold this incident against us and give us another opportunity to serve you in the true Taj tradition.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Taj Banjara is an older Taj hotel and the rooms are OK and the price reasonable but they lack the care and attention you expect from a Taj. It is not a relaxing place to stay.

On my first day, I asked the concierge to arrange a taxi for me and they tried to charge me INR770 to go from here to Tolichowki. Usually, it would be about INR 200 to 250. Needless to say, I arranged my own taxi and I have been doing that ever since.

Two nights in I was woken up at 1:30am by drumming from a wedding. It went on for some time. I ended up ringing down to the front desk and complaining. It is a shame I had to do that.

The internet is very poor. I am on the 7th floor. I pay almost 700 rupees a day for it and it is very poor.

The lake stinks.

I have tried to complain about all of this and I have yet to meet a senior manager.

1 Thank SouthgateLad

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Last week I stayed at Taj Banjara on a work trip. Its about time that Taj renovates it and makes it worth the while for the lovers of Taj Hotels. Also the food was just about average. Nothing compared to other Taj Hotels. The rooms are spacious but the view is of a lake that needs serious looking after. The staff though was courteous and helpful except that they never dropped off the medicine I asked for to my room. I understand that Taj Falaknuma Palace in the same city is the one that they get most laurels for, but this property needs their attention so that the guests don't feel short changed.

Pune
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Taj banjara is situated on the Banjara Hills which is the posh area of the city. The Hotel is centrally located. The only drawback of its location is its nearness to a dirty and stinking pond. The rooms are of average size with all the amenities which is backed up by quick and responsive service and support staff. The buffet is just amazing and no one in India can beat the spread and Variety. The food is delicious and finger licking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Pune, India
Reviewed January 10, 2014

One of the Excellent Food you may get, all the best of Courteous staff they have, one of the most Beautiful location in Banjara Hills, very near to Hard Rock Café and many malls. Also near by to best of other restaurants.

Room Tip: 8th floor, lake view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SRanju, General Manager at Taj Banjara Hyderabad, responded to this review, January 11, 2014

Ranju Singh