Taj Banjara Hyderabad
$70
$68
Pragati Resorts(Hyderabad)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswaterside cafelake viewvalue for moneykarachi bakerybusiness tripcoffee shopkebabthe heart of the cityduty managerroom servicebreakfast spreadexcellent hotelexcellent servicecomfortable staybusiness hotelcourteous stafffood quality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The iconic Taj Banjara is again a great place. The old world Hyderabadi Charm and the Taj experience combine in here.

I have stayed here many a times and every time the hotel wows me. The rooms are excellent, spacious and mine overlooked the lake. The unfortunate part is the lake is kind of dead and since all lakes are owned by the government, the apathy is limitless. The Taj management seems helpless but they do try their best that the guest do not get inconvenienced. The pest control is amazing! but you may get big mosquitoes in the evenings if you plan to take a walk around the lake.

The restaurants are nice and serve almost all cuisines, but I really liked the buffet with its spread and fantastic service of the staff. I had meetings at a nearby hotel - Taj Residency another Taj hotel and the both hotels were very kind to pick me and drop me every day for four days to and fro. I really liked the sense of service. Thank you and I am sure whenever I can, I will be at Taj Banjara :)

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake are good !
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am a frequent visitor at Taj Banjara, From the time of my very stay i rememeber the staff being very warm,courteous. The stewards and the chefs there actually remember your likes and dislike. Very Clean, good ambience. The Room rates are not too high.I feel like home when am here.

Room Tip: Request for a Lake view side
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff in the hotel are as courteous as always in the Taj group. One of my friends had left a bag behind at the hotel and instead of demanding that we go back to pick it up, the hotel staff actually drove down to where we were and dropped it off so that we didnt get late for our flight. The hotel rooms are quite basic and intended purely for business travellers. The restaurants are very picturesque though and serve good food. The "patthar ghost" was outstanding.

Room Tip: Choose one facing the lake if you can
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at Taj banjara 2 times: once with my husband in June 2012 and alone at the time of my second trip. During my first trip with my family, we stayed in the presidential suite and it was awesome. During my second stay it was a normal room which was not bad either but had nothing extraordinary.

The service was excellent and the suite was awesome. The staff was very polite and helpful. I specifically remember a guy at the reception (cannot recollect his name, but it started with R) who was very warm. We had a very good time there. We also used some of the amenities like the swimming pool which were fine, nothing extraordinary as compared to the other hotels in the same category. The breakfast spread was good but there were not many options at the dinner time, though the quality was very good. Also the location is good, but since the lake is not well mantained, it was stinking when we entered the property.

All in all it was a very good experience but I think it could have been better had it not been the stinking lake and the limited food options.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had a wonderful time at this hotel with the service but will not rate it 5 stars as I found the property design, interiors and appeal really poor for a Taj property. It's perhaps because this is an old property and also because I'm spoiled for choice from all the travel and stay I do at the best places!

However, the staff are irreplaceable and with a facelife, this place will easily be one among the best India has to offer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo