“Great Place”

GreenPark Hyderabad
Ranked #14 of 319 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Green Park for 3 days in August when I was in Hyderabad for the Hyderabad Marathon. This was a great and memorable stay. I really loved the ambience and hospitality. Very polite, disciplined and soft spoken staff. They have everything like gym, bars and restaurants. The room was very well furnished and was clean up to the highest mark. The room service was great and the food was delicious. They offer a great buffet breakfast and that was the best buffet that I ever had. I really enjoyed my stay there. I travel a lot and have stayed in various hotels of similar budget but this hotel was unbeatable. I would call this stay "the best" hotel stay I ever had in India.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is quite a decent place with a lot of business travelers but I'm not sure if it's good value for money. Extremely helpful and friendly staff though... very nice rooms and delicious medu vadas for breakfast.
Was a good stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank abigail711
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Room Tip: Good rooms,center of the city ,near by shoping for all Big malls
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

couple of times i have stayed in the hotel. i enjoyed the atmosphere. right from the front office till the end the staff were courteous. the hotel is also located centrally and its easy to move around. they are customer friendly.

Room Tip: good and hygenic food
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I found time today to give my review after my family and friends took 40 rooms in the hotel last month. That event went well impeccably and Mr. John Bukkay, front office manager, took full responsibility and ensured that each and every detail was kept in its place. Internet, Minibar were appreciated by us all. Welcoming the guests with welcome drink plus Tilak and Harathi was a very savoury experience to enervated guests. And keeping track of all the keys as per the list given to the hotel was impressive. And more importantly, when we asked for small changes in the list of guests and their room changes, it was efficiently handled. And updating the records helped a lot while checking out. This shows the efficiency of the staff and the front office. I just read the other review and understood that Mr. John really took care of lot of details without our knowledge and thus we enjoyed our stay along with complimentary services offered by the hotel. Thus all our 80 guests left for Bangalore with a feeling of been at home and promised to comeback.
Complimentary break fast is sumptuous and buffet lunches are worth every penny. The taste and service of the staff is commendable.

Room Tip: Rooms looking into hotel offer a greener canopy and is preferrable. Corner rooms suits the family...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Everything was good, no complains. Food is expensive, they can reduce the cost a little. Highly recommended incase you want to stay in Begumpet. Location is not too hot, but Hyderabad Central and other malls are nearby, which you can walk or take an Auto. Overall statisfied. Infact suggested this to few of my collegues too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had it not have been for Mr.John, the front desk manager at the hotel, I would have left shortly after checkout.
I had specifically requested a double bed room and was given a room with two singles.
The reception clerk clearly did not appreciate my request, and was very blunt and disrespectful.
Finally I was given a room with a double bed, after much agravation.
The room size was satisfactory, offering both complimentary high speed internet and mini bar - both non functional.
Only after pleading that night with one of the staff was I given two additional luke warm bottles of seven up and pepsi.
One hour after advising the front desk that the mini bar was not working did a technician show up, looked at the fridge, checked that the basic contents were warm, confirmed this fact and left - never to return.
I also requested to fix the Wifi, and in this case, no one at all bothered to show up.
In addition, until quite late, my room vibrated with booming bass from very loud music outside and i was unable to sleep until after ten in the evening after a long trip and business day.
The next morning, Mr.John, the most courteous, efficient member of staff took all these issues under his wing, had the mini bar replaced in minutes and installed a signal booster which worked well, but intermittantly.
Room service remained slow, laundry service equally slow.
Breakfast was satisfactory, yet the waiter thought that pouring some spice over a cup of tea would turn this into massala tea which it didnt, and actually expected me to drink this foul beverage. This was rectified by the head waiter who has been at this hotel for twenty years and personally brewed an excellent massal chai for me. Thank you !
I have stayed at the Green Park long back, before it was refurbished and enjoyed it much more.
Last time in Hyderabad, i was moved to the Marigold due to overbooking at the Green Park, and found that hotel to meet my expectations to the full.
This time, Mr.John saved my stay from being a catastrophe, and I would suggest that anyone checkig in at this hotel should seek him out to make sure that their stay be comfortable.
I am sorry that i cant say anything really positive this time around, and am not at all sure whether i would consider returning to the Green Park on my future visit to Hyderabad.
Top marks only to Mr.John, none I am afraid to the hotel itself.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business