“Kakatiya 04/2010”

Ranked #8 of 316 Hotels in Hyderabad
Giessen, Germany
“Kakatiya 04/2010”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

directly on a main street, nice garden with lots of palm tees and flowers, beautiful garden with pool, safety comes first, beautiful lobby area, very friendly staff, spaceous luxury rooms with separate dress room, minibar, luxury bathroom, very clean, flat screen TV, english speaking satelite TV, free WiFi, very good food, nice bar area, recommended

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Greetings from The ITC Kakatiya , a luxury collection hotel , Hyderabad India

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to learn that your stay with us was as per your expectations. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We will continue to strive in our endeavor " Nobody gives you India like we do " and look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Bangalore
Reviewed February 1, 2011

This hotel is truly a 5-star. By that I mean it has achieved the perfection that one expects at a 5-star rated hotel, and for which one pays a premium.
Some Good things:
- Very Clean & Grand overall
- Big and clean Rooms
- Very warm Reception
- Concierge walked me to the gate to guide me to a shopping mall
- The Chef customized the meal based on my vague requirements

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, February 3, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Traveled to Hyderabad for work with an Indian company in Dec 2010 - Jan 2011. Stayed approximately 8 nights. The hotel is advertised as a 5-star hotel, set back from the road in Hyderabad's Begumpet area, it doesn't appear that at first glance. Staff is incredibly welcoming and kind and were very helpful to my wife and I when we first arrived without any idea about India. Rooms are nice, expect the standard of a western-style business hotel, views of the lush pool side courtyard and even of the Hussain Sagar in the hazy distance. Its mostly calm relative to the bustle of the streets in front of the hotel. All food we tried in the hotel is excellent, from the breakfast buffet, the room-service and the Curry and Kebabs restaurant, western style food is available, as is plenty of bottled water, the Indian foods are the most delicious. If you are open to adventure on either side of the hotel in short walking distance are blocks with shops and various other Indian restaurants that are generally more affordable. Gym is small but has modern, working equipment. The pool was closed for renovation while we were there but looked nice. The travel desk could arrange tours of the city or rides to and from the airport via their own private taxi drivers for a price. In general don't expect things in the hotel to be any cheaper than you would pay for in a U.S. hotel in a major city. Don't be surprised by the occasional power outage, they are usually temporary and happen everywhere.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. We have noted your observations and are addressing the same.We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed January 15, 2011

A beautiful Hotel in a convenient location with lots of character. Comfortable rooms. Service in the restaurant there for breakfast was slow. I also tried twice to arrange Spa services and finally gave up. (There was a communication gap and once we got past that, there was no availability). Other than those couple of issues, it was a wonderful stay and I would stay here again. I could see this hotel was great for business people and business gatherings. If I were going for a getaway, I would stay at the Taj.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, January 19, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable , We have noted your observations and are addressing the same .We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

mumbai
Reviewed December 16, 2010

When you talk about an ITC property, you think about great hospitality that welcomes you. ITC Kakatiya is one that is really looking the other side. The staff at the reception is not very welcoming. The base category rooms are more or less outdated with the same old granite flooring in the bathrooms. The breakfast variety is excellent and so is the quality as other ITCs. I gives me a dull feeling walking inside the lobby area towards the lift. The gym is very small and pool size is really meant for kids. Overall, for the money that you spend here, you could get nice hotels in hyderabad

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The ITC Kakatiya , a Luxury Collection hotel , Hyderabad India . Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We have noted with concern your experiences and observations and are addressing the same .Kindly do not consider this as a reflection of our normal standards . However, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed our breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams, at Hyderabad India .

Mumbai, India
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Was my second visit. Best location possible - Heart of hyderabad and it is in Begumpet. The lifestyle building is closeby and Hyderabad central is also very close. Add to that Hitech city is just 12-13 kms away. The service is pathetic - just 2 people at check-in counter and no one to guide you to the hotel room post check-in. B'fast spread was pretty good and dinner is pretty good - Thanks to Dakshin again. I love the pub - "Dublin" which is awesome. Rooms are very spacious however the view is not great and all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, December 9, 2010

We have noted with concern your experiences and observations and are addressing the same .Kindly do not consider this as a reflection of our normal standards. We are pleased to know that your dining experience was memorable.

Mumbai
Reviewed December 4, 2010

The Hotel is really classy and majestic to match the ITC name. Unfortunately it sorely and very badly needs better service. As with every 5 star, this hotel loves the foreigners and corporates. What about people like me who fit neither category and splurge on an annual really short quick vacation? I called the Hotel from the airport on my arrival to Hyderabad to let them know I would be checking in. I arrived at the Hotel an hour later, greeted by beautiful "trainee" staff who led me to my room without explaining the most essential part of using the elevator which can only be accessed by the card key. The room she showed me was not ready for guests, not cleaned and had some work going on. It was very upsetting to be made to wait again in the lobby while they arranged for other rooms when I had already warned them of my arrival well in advance!! I let the staff know and besides being apologetic they didnt care much. I had a similar experience with another well known 5 star hotel in India and the staff there was very apologetic and immediately gave me a room upgrade, but no such luck here. What does it matter if you have to wait to get your room for a while, at least you are getting one right and that seemed to be their motto. The floor lobby has a bad odour, wish they could use some aromatics here. The room was comfy, neat, clean. Huge LCD TV which was amazing. They have a lot of beautiful girls in their main lobby but they are either clueless or simply rude. I asked one of these girls for direction to the coffee shop and was confused with her directions so when I asked her to repeat, she was amazingly rude!! The travel desk is a complete rip off. They provided me with a different car than I asked for and charged me for the higher category car they provided. Dont even opt for their airport drops or pickups unless they are complimentary. Its throwing money down the bin. Room service was quick and efficient. However, amazingly for a hotel of this star rating, didnt have a Pepperoni pizza although its on their room service menu. They took my order alright but called me back to say they were out of Pepperoni pizza and it wasnt the end of their day either!!! The rooms are not sound proofed and there was a function in the hotel and we could hear the noises right in our room. The best part was the security, baggage scanners, access to elevators and floors and rooms with card keys. Other than that its just an average hotel with the 5 star rating with poor customer friendliness or service. They just dont think much of us poor customers who spend their hard earned money to live in a beautiful property on some time off and wish to get that quality service and hospitality. ITC Kakatiya could have a refresher course in customer service and hospitality for their "trainees" and the "trained."

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teejayss
Greetings from The ITC Kakatiya , a Luxury Collection hotel , Hyderabad India !
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We have noted with concern your experiences and observations and are addressing the same to all concerned.Kindly do not consider this as a reflection of our normal standards.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of ITC Kakatiya and we shall ensure that you have a memorable and enjoyable experience next time.