“Good hotel”
Review of ITC Kakatiya

ITC Kakatiya
Ranked #6 of 317 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here for one night, very short stay. I didn't use any facilities so can't really comment but everything looked fine. Though hotel looks bit old, but standards are maintained. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank saurabh1103
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

There are newer reviews for ITC Kakatiya

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Goods things first: From the moment, you step inside this hotel, you feel welcomed. The service was one of the best I experienced so far anywhere. There are one or two ladies at the lobby who take you right up to your room and explain although you may not need it.

The place lends an air of subdued elegance to it. One of the key things I noticed is the smoking floor carpets didn't smell of cigarette smoke but of some kind of room freshener.

The check in and check out was smooth and prompt for the four nights I stayed here. The breakfast was excellent and had quite a wide range of choices and that includes the good filter coffee!!

I ordered room service for dinner on all nights and they didn't disappoint either: the guy who used to take my order - offered me complimentary malabar parotha to add to the rice because he thought it would add to the variety - which it did indeed. I tried south Indian, east Asian food and both were good although the Tamil Nadu chicken was bloody hot!
There wasn't any beef steak on the room service menu but they arranged one for me that was well done! Good job!

Now the dark side of things since I am sometimes quite fussy about things!!

The bed was very comfortable but not the AC - I had to call for the AC guy because it was blowing freezing cold air toward my desk and despite several attempts, the temperature refused to increase from 20 or 21 Celsius. I was on my desk until late night and had to sometimes switch off to cool off the room. The AC guy came but it didn't get resolved.

The room TV which is a 32 inch I found was small for my room - a 40 or 42 inch would have been better and the Samsung remote was a pain to operate - I hated it.

There wasn't anything modern in the room: I mean an IPod docking station. However, the flip side is it lends an air of charm to the rooms.

The work table was quite small for me especially having to place my note pads, laptop and having to manage with the telephone there.

Despite the room being quite big by modern-day hotel standards, the clothes hangar was small which can be a problem if two people get to share one room. Also, there needs to be one stool at least for the two single-seat sofas!

Finally, the view from my room of the roof - wasn't pleasant - see attached photo - they need a good scrub.

Overall, my stay despite the room hiccups was what one expected of ITC. A good job but can be better if they change a few things!

1  Thank santanurocks
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We have noted your observations with serious concerns and are addressing the same at a war-footing. Kindly consider this as an aberration to our normally high services standards.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have been a regular at this hotel for a few years now and it has always been a pleasure staying here. The staff and service are amongst the best I have seen, the rooms are good, the location is mid-Hyderabad. The Hotel offers all facilities and is truly a 5-star hotel.

My only observation - there are other hotels now in the city which are almost as good (if not better) than Kakatiya. And i feel the management should be doing something to ensure that this hotel remains #1.

Room Tip: Take the ITC One suite rooms.
1  Thank rajeshkk

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The lobby is nice and restaurant is also good. Rooms are nice, The food is nice in Dakshin restaurant. Check in very smooth. Check out was not that good. There was no person available in the check out counter for about 5-7 minutes. So need to plan morning check out properly. Even in Dakshin, service can be little improved. The service of started and main course was not well coordinated

Room Tip: If you are checking out morning please plan 10 minutes earlier, Folks are not available promptly at...
1  Thank natsBangalore
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Greetings from The ITC Kakatiya , a luxury collection hotel , Hyderabad

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor

We thank you for your valuable feedback. We are happy to note your appreciation on most of our services. Equally we note with concern the areas of dissonance. We regret the inconvenience caused. Kindly treat it as an aberration and not a reflection of our normal standards. We have initiated necessary corrective action. We look forward to your return, and the opportunity to offer you the best of our services.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Rarely do you find the warmth of a Family run Inn blended with the quiet efficiency of a Professionally managed Hotel. And when you do, you tend to get addicted. As I am to the ITC Kakatia in Hyderabad.

I have been staying in this Hotel since 2009 and they surprise me, every time, - very pleasantly. Housekeeping is a tightly run ship, and the Manager, Ms Ila, will do everything to make your stay memorable. If you want your bed firmer, or your pillow softer, all you have to do is call housekeeping and it will be done ... PRONTO!

They make sure that each stay is a memorable one!

Room Tip: All rooms are good. But if you can, go for the ITC-1 rooms!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I went to Hyderabad to visit my sister, we were asking to some friends about which hotel was the best option to stay. At the end I decided to go to ITC Kakatiya. Despite the hotel is old, it has a very great atmosphere, so traditional and the warmth of the staff is genuine, all the time with a very big smile. The room was comfortable and the food was very tasteful. My stay was short but anyway it will always be in my memories.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Very good services, especially Dublin, great bar good music and for sure I'll be there again. Prices are good and the staff has good attitude and willing to help, special thanks to Chetan. Hotel is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014