“Very good but a couple of issues”
Review of ITC Kakatiya

ITC Kakatiya
Ranked #8 of 316 Hotels in Hyderabad
London, United Kingdom
“Very good but a couple of issues”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Have stayed here many times and have never had reason to complain. This visit was different though and whist I did not bring my concerns to the management there are a few areas that need to be addressed.

The reception area is large and well laid out, staff as always are just brilliant, they cannot do enough for you and are always willing to help, as with other reviews that I have written India, for me, is at the top when it comes to customer service, it really is hard to beat.

My room was large with a flat screen TV, Tea and coffee making facilities and some reasonably priced snacks. This visit though I did have some issues with the cleaning, the cups were not clean and were stained, hairs on the bed and in the bathroom and some staining on the toilet.

Had I have brought this to the attention of the management I know it would have been resolved immediately (Indian Service) but I had a very short stay and arriving at 9am sleeping till 3pm when I noticed the issues it was easier to grin and bear it as we were leaving again at 3am.

There is a well equipped Gym and massage Spa with a range of treatments, the pool area is quiet but is looking a little tired, one thing I did notice was the vast quantities of Pigeon ***t everywhere (not the fault of the Hotel) but maybe could be cleaned more frequently.

To mark this Hotel down would be unfair as all of my previous visits have been exceptional and in all areas of hospitality sometimes things slip through so I am hoping this is one of those rare occasions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank paulwflyer
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Greetings from ITC Kakatiya, a Luxury Collection Hotel!
We thank you for your valuable feedback. We are happy to note your appreciation on most of our services. Equally we note with concern the areas of dissonance. We regret the inconveniance caused. Kindly treat it as an abberation and not a reflection of our normal standards. We have inititated neccesary corrective action. We look forwad to your return, and the opportunity to offer you the best of our services.
Yours is a relationship we cherish.
Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is the second time I stay in ITC Kakatyia. Once again the impression was very good, I felt very well treated by the staff. Before a long flight back and after checking out, I was offered another room to “wash and change” complimentary and it was very pleasant. When I arrived home I noticed I had forgotten my pajamas at the room and I was surprised by an email from the hotel warning about this and asking if they could help me recover the item. It have left things in hotels before but this is the first time I was contacted in this regard. Congrats! Recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hyderbad
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed for a night with fsmily. Room and restaurants were very good. i understand from the bad smell of the flush water used in the toilet that the hotel uses recycled water from waste. The bath room was unbleievably a' drainge' smell one. Informe dthe house keeping but they could not anything until I left. Be cautoius

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

From a sumptuous breakfast at the Deccan Pavillion to a great lunch of the south Indian delicacies at the Dakshin end your day with a dinner at the DumPhukt relishing the fine clay oven cooked north west Indian food.

• Stayed May 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 8, 2013

In my view, ITC Kakatiya is one of the better ITC properties. Though this is an old hotel, it has been continuously upgraded and the main lobby (which has been done up with white marble)feels contempory and luxorious. The floor lobbies are dated although the rooms have been upgraded. My room was very large, well furnished and comfortable. The bathroom was done up entirely in white marble and was also large and very functional.

The Indian restaurants are good, particularly Dakshin which serves excellent South Indian cuisine. Service is warm and efficient throughout.

I have also stayed at the Taj Krishna a few times (which is a similar category hotel), and in my opinion, the ITC is much better with nicer rooms and bathrooms and a more exclusive feel. The Taj does, however, have a slightly better location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The World
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is a good haven from the chaos of the street. The check-in was swift and quick. The room that I have been given is a warmth of the yesteryear and might not to the taste of the some guests. There are some birds making noise in the early morning, great for early riser, not so for the one that sleeps in.

The bed is a bit on the soft-side for me but still very comfortable. The amenities are superb and have some extras that I have not seen anywhere else aside from India: small vials of relaxing oils and tact powder. I have found the tact powder to be very useful in the Hyderabad humid heat.

The food is this hotel has been one of the best that I have tasted from any hotel restaurant. They are consistent and exciting for the palate. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 8, 2013

ITC kakatiya in Hyderabad is an idyllic abode for Luxury and comfort.Be it for Business in the emerging Cyber city or for comfortable holiday in the land of the Nizams, this prime property offers a convenient and comfortable stay of unparralled luxury.

It is our choice whenever I visit Hyderabad.

Room Tip: All pool facing rooms in the Executive Club and the towers are a good value.ITC One rooms add a dash...