“Great staff good food pleasant ambience comfortable room but bad bathrooms”
Review of ITC Kakatiya

ITC Kakatiya
Ranked #3 of 332 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The reception is a little wierd but it is taken care of very well. There is seperate check in for different categories. So no waiting.
Food in both restaurants excellent. Happy hours quite good.
Room was comfortable and easy to commute.
Bathroom needed improvement .
Overall good place to stay in Hyderabad.

Room Tip: Garden View rooms are good on higher floors
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,145)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My first visit to Hyderabad. Hotel is secure, staff are very friendly and attentive, bed was comfortable, room and hotel is clean. I ate at all three of the hotel restaurants, they are expensive by Indian standards but reasonable price by international standards, food is very good at the North and the South Indian restaurants, and quite good at the Buffet restaurant. Breakfast is excellent. WiFi was quite reliable I found. Location is 25 mins by auto to HiTec city for business, 20-30 min by Auto to CharMinar for sightseeing. If staying more than a week, make use of free airport transfer, free laundry, and discounted internet. I personally think internet should be included free at 5 star hotels. Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay and would happily return next visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RCraigD
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The ITC hotel is located in the heart of Hyderabad, exactly 35 kms from the airport. Via a metered ac cab, it will cost you about Rs 625 to Rs 675 to get here depending on traffic.

The check in area at the hotel is not what you would expect. There is no traditional check in area/reception. It is just a desk with 2 chairs, so I can imagine that if there is a rush at check in, this could be quite a pain. However, I arrived late and was the only person checking in, so it wasnt really an issue.

Check in was ok, for some reason my SPG number dropped off my reservation and hence they did not have my info. I had to request an upgrade as well and was given a Tower room...standard SPG Platinum upgrade to the ITC ONE was not available as the hotel was booked solid and I knew that.

I forgot my passport at the front desk and they immediately called to let me know and had it bought up to my room. The room itself was pretty nice and very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and nice, though the shower felt a bit cramped at times.

Note that there are no taxi's available inside the hotel unlike most hotels, so you need to make your own arrangements on transportation unless you are relying on the hotels own cars. Luckily I had taken down the cab drivers phone number and had called him to come pick me up back to the airport else it would have been quite a disaster to have found out just prior to my flight that there are no cabs.

Rickshaws are easily available just outside the main gates of the hotel so its not hard to get one. Breakfast is on every morning at the Dakshin Pavilion and was included for me as an SPG Platinum member. Breakfast was very very good with lots of options in both western and indian as well as made to order stuff. The Indian options are simply excellent.

I had a 30 minute massage included as well in the room package, and the spa is fantastic. The spa is only for hotel guests so there is hardly any rush. The Tension Reliever massage was quite good, though note that spa prices are quite expensive otherwise.

Check out was a bit slow, and when I was finally given a bill, I was charged for internet for my stay which again should have been complimentary due to elite status. Had to point that out and have it removed from my bill before finally settling the check.

On the whole, the hotel is quite nice with just a few minor quibbles. Location is pretty great as well and the hotel can be a steal if you get it a good rate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

not only it is a great place, but they keep improving it every year. New fitness now opened, great spa with steam and sauna. The breakfast place also renovated since my last visit 2yrs back. The staff is service oriented and professional, I always feel home there. Each room with own wifi, very stable and fast. Check-in was done in my room directly, no loss of time at check-in counter, just handed up passport.

Improvement: make wifi complimentary for some packages or room categories, I paid 600INR/day.

Is and remains my favorite place in Hyderabad.

Room Tip: ask room on the pool side
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed in a number of ITC hotels around India and this hotel was reasonable comparable. Room was spacious, I enjoy the flava de wills bathroom toiletries, and well appointed lobby.

However, I was really disappointed when it came time to leave for an intl flight departing at 12:50AM - I needed to leave by 10:30 to make my flight comfortably.

I called around 9:45PM seeking the hotel's assistance for a taxi. At ~10:00, I called back to get a status, and I was transfered to travel desk, and then back to concierge who placed me on hold, and finally explained that they couldn't call a taxi, and then the line dropped. By then, it was 10:20 and I was getting a bit anxious, called back, and pleaded that they got me a taxi. Staff got me a taxi, said it would be down within five minutes, and gave me a booking number, told me it would be Rs 500.

I went down, gave the booking number to the staff in the front. Hotel was utter chaos up front. He called booking number, and no taxi would come up. By 10:45, and I was getting desperate and doorman called a car up, told me it was a taxi (wasn't marked) but trusted the hotel, he packed me up and sent me on the way.

INstantly realized it wasn't a hotel car, and the driver made his way to the airport very slow, and when I got to the airport, the tout demanded Rs2500 for the trip. I was shocked, and he insisted, saying the hotel charges Rs 3200, so I should pay him his fee. He was just guy outside doorman called up, and I needed to get out of this situation given his dishonest demand and that I was running late to check into my flight. I didn't have time or feel comfortable to search for my ring.

I wish I could contact the GM directly, but very disappointed in ITC for letting your staff put your guests in unlicensed taxis.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

10min from office its a bliss, add to that good food, comfortable bed and well maintained rooms. Above all the customer service from start till end was impeccable. Customer service is the reason that I prefer ITC hotels than any other chain as my first preference in India.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Greetings from The ITC Kakatiya , a luxury collection hotel , Hyderabad India

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was a stay over the holidays, and the service was outstanding. Even our seven year old son noticed. We had breakfast at the hotel every day, often with visitors, and the service and the food made for a great experience. This is a luxury hotel, and it looks it. We'll definitely be staying here when we return to Hyderabad.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from The ITC Kakatiya , a luxury collection hotel , Hyderabad India

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.