“Best Hotel in Hyderabad”
Review of ITC Kakatiya

ITC Kakatiya
Ranked #6 of 319 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stated with family in Aug 2011 for 2 weeks. Everything was awesome as always except some ITC changes. Breakfast is not provided if you are using SPG points which was bit strange this time. Westin hotel in Hyderabad will provide the breakfast for all its SPG members . I hope ITC will look into this. Apart from that issue, Its the best hotel. Spacious rooms and excellent customer service

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed here 1 night. Service excellent as expected but the rooms are nothing to write home about. Did get placed in unaccompanied female floor with extra security which some will appreciate. If returning to Hyderabad will likely try another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We have noted your observations and are addressing the same.We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed at the ITC Kakatiya Hyderabad Hotel expecting the same world class service and facility as other Starwood Luxury Collection Hotels. What a disappointment...

ITC Kakatiya Hotel is very old and outdated; even the so called newly renovated rooms look less than desirable...open the window and there are pigeons droppings everywhere... The pool is also dirty and full of pigeon feathers... The service is very slow everywhere, especially at the restaurant. I really hope ITC can raise the bar... I much prefer Westin Hyderabad Mindspace Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank lax-world-traveler
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We have noted your observations and are addressing the same. Your valuable feedback has been communicated to the concerned departments as well. Your next trip will guarantee a clean pool and a droppings free window space. The service will be at par to your expectations.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I traveled to Hyderabad for business and stayed at the Kakatiya for 2 weeks - it is by far one of the best hotels that I've ever stayed at. The staff was absolutely wonderful and really went out of their way to make my stay comfortable and special- I was attending a wedding of a coworker and one of the ladies from the front desk came up to my room to help me drape my sari! The restaurants have amazing food with service to match. By the end of my stay I felt as though I had made great friends with the servers and bartenders. Thanks to everyone at the Kakatiya - I'll definitely be coming back in the future!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lzcobb
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Its a great hotel. The rooms are great and the service is great.
The only downfall to my stay was that I was given one of the special rooms for single women travelers without being asked if I wanted it. I didn't see the point of this special treatment. I thought it was unnecessary grouping.
And if you pick these rooms, you cant take any male visitors inside while they allow male room service people in!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for rooms away from the road as its quieter that side.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to learn that your stay with us was as per your expectations. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We will continue to strive in our endeavor " Nobody gives you India like we do ".

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have stayed at the Kakatiya several times when I have been to Hyderabad, and it has never let me down.

The staff are extremely friendly, warm and welcoming, particularly Kuldeep and Meenakshi. Whenever I stay at the property, they ensure that there is Thums Up, my favourite drink, in the mini bar fridge. The buffet breakfast in morning is excellent, with a wide range of south Indian dosas and other delicasies.

The rooms at Tower wing offer splendid views of the Hussain Saagar lake and the twin cities of Secundarabad and Hyderabad. The thing that makes the stay even more enjoyable is the presence of the restaurant Dakshin, which dishes up the most mouth watering and delicious south indian dishes I have ever eaten.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to travellers heading to Hyderbad. Sadly the airport in Begumpet is not operational now, as it was a quick transfer to the airport few years ago.

Room Tip: If you can afford, book the Tower room
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank rajiv91
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2011

Reviewed June 17, 2011

we had been to hyderabad for a reception,we were accomdated at this hotel as the reception was to be held at this hotel only.as i had stayed at le meridien pune just 4 days back before checkin in at this hotel i felt no classiness in hotel.it was normal feelin when i entered in it.food was good,stay was comfortable.staff is ok.rooms are clean and stay is fine.it really is in the heart of the city.everything u want to see in hyderabad will get easy to reach if u stay at this hotel.good ambience,very calm....

will come back again

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ashwin555
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011