“Best Value for the Price”
Review of Amrutha Castle

Amrutha Castle
Ranked #78 of 317 Hotels in Hyderabad
NJ
“Best Value for the Price”
Reviewed April 26, 2009

This is amazing hotel, in the heart of the city. Staff is very friendly and everything is so close by. You can not go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
AmruthaCastle2014, Front Office Manager at Amrutha Castle, responded to this review, June 30, 2016
Greetings from Hotel Amrutha Castle,Hyderabad!!!

Thank you for patronizing Hotel Amrutha Castle as your preferred hotel in Hyderabad. Our constant endeavor is to provide our guests a memorable experience.

We feel privileged by your good words of appreciation for the entire team and our property at large. It is feedbacks such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

We once again take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcome you to Amrutha Castle in the near future.

Anand Raj.S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Mumbai
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Stayed in the hotel for 2 days on a business visit to Hyderabad. Very well located at the centre of the city. The room is quite spacious and breakfast served the good. Though the range of food can be made better but overall this hotel gives a good feel and is value for money

• Liked — architecture
  • Disliked — Food variety
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business

England
Reviewed September 30, 2007

I was very pleasently surprised both by Hyderabad and Amrutha Castle. As a single female traveller I have stayed in other hotels in small, viewless rooms, with inappropriate staff coments. Both city and hotel were very female friendly and I felt very safe.
Hotel staff were very helpful, I had a nice large, clean room, and a delicious cheap buffet.

• Liked — Felt safe
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Gangtok, India
Reviewed August 23, 2007

If theres one thing you have to appreciate about this hotel, its the great job the website developer has done with the pictures of the hotel! It looks like a castle, feels, smells and looks like a dungeon from inside! The travel desk charges you 660 rupees for an airport pickup in an indica (which is in real bad condition!) You do ofcourse get the complimentary mosquitoes if your lucky enough! All this after the hotel informed the gentleman who made my booking that the airport pickup/drop is complimentary! The room first shown to me smelled lke it hadnt been opened since medieval times, the torn quilt cover on the bed, the dirty windows, the uncleaned toilets, etc etc was alittle too much for me and hence had my room changed. They ofcourse said at the check out time (which was the next day though I had originally booked for 3 nights) that the room they gave me eventually was a Club room and hence I had to be charged more! The only difference in the room was that it didnt have a carpet and hence I could atleast get some sleep without the obnoxious odour! The food (breakfast) was decent!

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank BjornDeniese

We thank you very much for having shown interest towards our Castle.

At the outset I would request you to accept my profound apologies for the inconvenience faced upon your visit at Hotel Amrutha Castle, Hyderabad.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments on the incident. We do take great care that our esteemed guest do not face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met.

Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning, understanding and catering to the needs of the guests. I would like to assure you that the matter has been taken up most strongly with the concerned department heads and necessary amends have been made to avoid the occurrence of such.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Anand Raj.S

Travelers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

betico impenitente
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Fair value for the money (3300 rupees/60 euros). Good location. Not the type of hotel you would expect in India: a mix of Snow-white castle and Indian attentive service. Small dark rooms. Hard matresses. Needs some refurbishing. Until 11 pm downstairs pub music can be loud. Excellent breakfast. Better service.

• Liked — location. Originality
  • Disliked — small old rooms
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business

Markham
Reviewed December 27, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for 2 days, it was one of the worst hotels that I have ever been to. The room was dungy and dark, and the washroom was so dirty. We were also miss led by the front staff that we would be able to use our best western gift cards as a form of payment, but when were checking out. They refused and made a huge ordeal. The only reason that I even booked this hotel was because it was going to be free..But in the end we had to pay for it. Please do yourself a favour and do not stay at this hotel. The whole experience was a bad dream.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rukshi

colombo sri lanka
Reviewed October 16, 2006

Listen to reviews on Tripadvisor!! We were completely mesmorized by pictures of Amrutha Castle on the web, so we ignored the comments on this site and opted for Amrutha anyway. What a mistake!! Here are the perks:
1.)It is in the city
2.) Staff are friendly and helpful.
3.) On the outside, the hotel is beautiful and interesting--built like a medival castle.
4.)The rooms have cute names (named after various knights)
5.) The food was nice.
The bad points are:
1.) The inside looked like it had not been upgraded since medieval times.
2.) The bathrooms were very old, and really could use retiling and a total change in fixtures.
3.) The lights in the bedroom were energy saver bulbs, which is good, but it just empahsized the garish nature of the decor.
4.) The decor is tacky--the coffee shop was being redone when we were there so I hope it was vamped up at least.
5.) The rooms felt musty. This hotel is not the best advertisemnet for Best Western. Should be called Worst Eastern.
BUT the staff are very kind and friendly.
We arrived in Hyderabad at night, and we spent half the next morning finding a new hotel. Luckily we found a highly suitable place, Central Court, which we can gladly recommend.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The rooms
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple