“Visit to Amrutha Castle” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Amrutha Castle
Ranked #75 of 305 Hotels in Hyderabad
Bengaluru, India
“Visit to Amrutha Castle”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Firstly, I requested the tarrif by email to the hotel staff (reception I guess), it took my 5 reminder follow up calls for me to get the tarrifs. I was very impressed by the website and pictures of the hotel, but when I actually visited the hotel, I found it one the worst hotels i have ever visited. The reception area was always stinking and rooms I believe were of early 1990's time. When I informed that I am not happy with the hotel and going out to search for other options, they immediately offered me executive room at the price of standard room. Better to go for Katriya Hotels and towers (Around 5 km from this hotel).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AmruthaCastle2014, Front Office Manager at Amrutha Castle, responded to this review, July 1, 2016

Dear Sir
Greetings from Hotel Amrutha Castle, Hyderabad!!!

We thank you very much for having your valuable feedback & shown interest towards our Castle.

At the outset I would request you to accept my profound apologies for the inconvenience faced upon your visit at Hotel Amrutha Castle, Hyderabad.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments on the incident. We do take great care that our esteemed guest do not face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met.

Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning, understanding and catering to the needs of the guests. I would like to assure you that the matter has been taken up most strongly with the concerned department heads and necessary amends have been made to avoid the occurrence of such.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,

Anand Raj
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Dehradun, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

externally the property looks amazing. you actually feel you are going in the castle. the lounge is beutiful, the Bar is excellent with happy hour offers, the dining area too is beutifully decorated. when you walk through the lanes and coves to reach to your room, its amazing. But the rooms are really dissapointment. too small and cramped, with small bed, the toilet also is cramped. over all the inside of the room is too small and cramped for a comfortable stay. but out sides are relly cool . best thing I enjoyed in this place was roof top swimming pool , sauna and massage parlour. the maseur is very competent.
the place is at stone throw distance from the tourist destinations of Hussain Sagar lake, Birla temple and secretariat. basically you can take a stroll in your leisure time in these areas.
the bar is excellent. Brealfast spread and Food is excellent.
I would say since I was there on a solo business trip I didnot feel the pinch of certain lack of ameneities in room and toilet rather ignored them given the ambience of the hotel and politeness and service of the hotel staff. But if going with family and kids you might not feel comfortable in such small rooms.
Overall mixed experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AmruthaCastle2014, Front Office Manager at Amrutha Castle, responded to this review, June 30, 2016

Chennai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

The rooms are too old and terrible. Even though we were members of country club with a free stay coupon, the rooms given were horrible. Small bathrooms, no floor mats, terrible food and cost. The floor in some of the rooms is carpeted, beware they smell of fungi. We were supposed to get a free break fast but they avoided us. Writing about Medieval Era I could not find any. All the best treatment is for only foreigners.

Room Tip: Choose a better hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Anand Raj.S

Travelers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Once you enter the gates of the hotel you will get the eery feeling of beng transported to a medieval Scandinavian castle. The lobby area is beautiful with a fountain and water body with swords and axes adorning the wall which goes very much with the medieval setup. However your disappointment will start once you get down from the elevator. The passage area and the rooms are miniaturistic and are not well lit which will make you claustrophobic . The cleanliness is O.K. as per Indian standards but not conforming to the 'BEST WESTERN' standards. The bath area was getting flooded with every bath. The hot water most of the time was playing hide aan seek.
Locationwise it is good being just opposite the Secretariat with a stone's throw distance from Birla Mandir and Hussain Sagar Lake. However refrain from spot booking; always book from travel portals and you will end up paying even less than half you would pay over the counter.
The breakfast buffet is quite good with good variety. The dinner buffet is better avoided. The hospitality at the restaurant is warm.
The room service was pathetic. On two instances we had to wait over half an hour just to get a bottle of drinking water. A complaint to repair the room telephone never got serviced.
Overall an O.K. experience with much scope of improvement.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I and my colleague had been to Hyderabad for a Business Trip. One of my cousins had suggested me Amrutha Palace. The 1st impression that this hotel gives you is phenomenal. It looks SUPERB, just like you have been transported to Medieval Era. It is almost as good as a real castle. The car park area is also good, the valets are excellent.

The moment you enter the lobby and into the breakfast/dining area it is all the more better. The swords and battle axes that adorn the walls are amazingly real. Even the fountain and the water body created besides the dining area is superb. You get all the more excited.

Even the rooms are beautifully named after the Knights Templar (knights of King Arthur). Our room was named Lancelot, the passages to the rooms were also designed as if you were in a real castle. The Door too is designed in pure medieval style. By now you are excited and looking forward to experience the sheer luxury waiting behind those doors.

You open the doors and all your expectations stand shattered. You find yourself facing this Bizarrely designed room with bad aesthetics. The lighting is really bad, one can hardly read at the work desk provided. It seems as if you are in a cave. No doubt the room is neat and clean, but there is such a lot of wastage of space, despite of being big, the rooms are cramped. The beds are also very average, the air conditioning poor, coz the room was either too hot or too cold.

OK, everything else is bearable, but the Bathroom is the real hair raiser. Getting hot water is a task in itself. You have to take a shower standing in the tub as there is no external shower. My colleague who was in another room too had trouble with the bathroom as it was too small, the commode was in a corner so he could barely manage to sit.

However, one thing that you can trust this hotel for is its Food and Hospitality. The breakfast spread was amazing, good variety, delicious food. The staff was extremely hospitable, never said a no to anything, travel was arranged at the drop of a hat by Ravi, who i believe is the lobby manager.

The location of this hotel is also good as you are centrally located from restaurants, shopping malls and other PTIs.

Over all a good experience, but surely needs improvement.
Will surely look for other options when i go to hyderabad

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank spnair

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

There are better located and priced hotels in Hyderabad. This one Looks ok in the pictures but is quite dark and drab in real life. We had a room with no key (lost apparently) and no attempt was made to find a key during our 4 night stay...we had to wait sometimes up to 10 minutes for reception to come and open our door. The light fixtures were faulty...the water was cold and the bathroom repeatedly flooded.....and I won't mention the 'welcome fruit platter' which we had to call for twice and were delivered a couple of slices of sad looking watermelon. We enjoyed our stay in Hyderabad and laughed off this crappy hotel with next to no customer service and no staff accountability. Give it a miss.

• Stayed December 2010

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

A friend suggested me this hotel and on one occasion I had an opportunity to be at this place. The moment I checked in I felt like a king. The outlook of this hotel is a castle and everything has an authentic touch to make you feel great. The hospitality of this hotel is really amazing. A stay at this hotel will definitely add a good time in your memory. I tried a lot to find a single piece of dust but to my surprise I could not find any. The restaurant is also up to its standards, the food has a large variety to choose from. It even has a pub ( an ideal place for party rockers ). It is best for all the age groups. Happy Staying !!!!

Room Tip: Enjoy your stay !!!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings from Hotel Amrutha Castle,Hyderabad!!!

Thank you for patronizing Hotel Amrutha Castle as your preferred hotel in Hyderabad. Our constant endeavor is to provide our guests a memorable experience.

We feel privileged by your good words of appreciation for the entire team and our property at large. It is feedbacks such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

We once again take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcome you to Amrutha Castle in the near future.

Regards