“Second Hell”
Review of Mount Banjara Inn

Mount Banjara Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hyderabad
Mount Banjara Inn
Ranked #195 of 286 Hyderabad B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Don't ever stay in this hotel, if you do not want to be sick and get admitted to the NIMS nearest to it. Every room is dirty and variety of insects are seen crawling all around. Further the room service means here no service at all.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sabar_hitashi
There are newer reviews for Mount Banjara Inn
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This place was dirty, the shower was broken, the linens were questionable with respect to cleanliness, etc. In addition to that, I had the unfortunate experience of being harassed by someone (I believe it was one of the staff people) who kept calling my room telephone some time around 1-2am. They called me over and over asking if I needed room service or something to eat. After about the 7th call I threatened to call the police and they said "Go ahead." I felt scared in addition to being unsatisfied with the room.

Room Tip: if you want a good room, don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank katlantis
Reviewed March 21, 2012

"Never ever please do my mistake to stay in this place".

I was desperate after a long night journey with an early morning arrival in a new city plus I was misguided by an auto rickshaw to this place. The check in started with a receptionist for whom the welcome smile was a force of nature.

Got the first floor room key & when I entered the room I just nearly felt like vomiting. In brief to describe, a room where you first put a bed than create the walls so you can cover the area with only 1 step. Dirty filthy linen, a big huge hole on the wall just above a muddy wooden cupboard, from where the next building people can view your room and is considered as a window. A tiny blemished bathroom with dim light bulb. No mirror & hygiene in the whole place as if this was an alien expression. Everything you touch is sticky & appears germs are all over; still they have real greedy guts to charge INR 2000 per night for this dirty slum.

The lodge corridors were filthy, empty areas and some young kids (staff) where lying around in dirty clothes. I came down immediately & told them that I’m leaving as I have no explanations to add. Even the owner was sitting comfortably in the entrance area who seemed less bothered to react.

Due to central position they know they will have another prey who will fall in, and I was just lucky to escape. When in Hyderabad if you come across the area Punjagutta, just remember in this place a filthy Hotel exist called MOUNT BANJARA INN, just run away.

Finally called a close friend in Hyderabad who immediately booked me into a marvelous place called Oyster Suites, in Madhapur area (please do check my review of this place, it’s worth) and my peaceful stay continued in Hyderabad city where entire Mughal Dynasty created a great history.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business