“Too early to sleep....”

Ranked #15 of 313 Hotels in Hyderabad
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
“Too early to sleep....”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

i reached late at 11 pm but the in house restaurant had the full menu to offer the kababs and the mocktails were a great way to refresh myself after a hectic flight journey. the rooms are very good, modern with a very comfortable bed. i specially liked the bathroom and i would diffinetly advice the honeymoon couples and the couples to select this hotel as the rooms makes you miss your beloved if you are alone like me!!
but the best part is the disco at the ground floor, after work that was where i was each day dancing to the tune of the scintillating music played by the DJs.
if its hyderabad then for the modern minded it is Vivanta by Taj..
Kyuki nite abhi young hai..............

Room Tip: rooms facing the road,,,
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Arijit2410
VBTBegumpet, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Arijit,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad. Providing an excellent stay & dining experience is our reason to be. We are indeed happy to know that you had an excellent stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again, and assure you of our best services and fullest attention at all times.

Vivanta by Taj- Begumpet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Thai first
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was here for a large architectural and design function for which I was the keynote speaker. The level of service provided by this property was akin to 5 star service anywhere in the world. Our driver, Aziz, took my colleague and me out to the market so I could buy "bangles", a local form of bracelets, for my wife and daughter. He helped us to navigate some potentially scary streets and got us straight to a shop, waited at our side while we shopped. He then got us back to hotel in good shape. He pointed out several landmarks on the way and pulled over to let me take pictures.

The food associated with our event for nearly 200 people was superb. All of the aspects of our event were handled by hotel staff in the most professional way possible.

I had to leave for the airport at 6:30 a.m. and the hotel had prepared a breakfast for me to eat in the car. Now THAT is service.

The battle between form and function takes place in the guest room, where you have to constantly slide the bathroom door closed in order to access the hidden closet and safe. I think they had to maximize space, but it is still a tiny bit annoying. The bathroom sink is one of those trendy sinks that sits like a bowl atop the counter. While It looks nice, it is way too shallow and the force of the water when turns on causes the water to splash out of the sink immediately and all over the counter. The shower is a rainforest type, which I like, but there is no way to turn it on without getting soaked in cold water while reaching into the shower stall.

These are very small complaints when weighed against the overwhelmingly attentive and cheerful service.

Room Tip: Upper floor always in India - the street noise is horrendous and constant.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank criswelldavis
Dear Mr. Davis,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad. Providing an excellent stay experience is our reason to be. While we are indeed happy, that our associates delighted you during you stay with us, but we deeply regret the inconvenience caused due to functional deficiencies you observed during your stay. Let me first thank you for sharing your constructive feedback and I wish to assure you that all possible corrective measures will be taken to address these concerns.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Sunday evening we hit this place nd from the moment we entered till the time we left we experienced what's customer service, good food and client interaction is all about. The staff was very helpful particularly Pawan and Gaurav Chaudhary (Restaurant Manager). Everything suggested by Gaurav was really tasty and amazing. We were pampered with alcoholic beverages from their bar, 2 non veg snacks, 1 veg snack, rotis, 2 curries, dal, pulav and 3 desserts. These guys were really awesome and I strongly recommend one and all to head to this place and enjoy an awesome dinning experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ravzroks
Dear Ravz,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to stay at The Grill, Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad. Providing an excellent stay & dining experience is our reason to be. We are indeed happy to know that your dining experience was delightful.
We look forward to welcoming you back, and assure you of our best services and fullest attention at all times.

delhi
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I checked into this hotel again after 3-4 months. To my surprise, they staff addressed me with a comment "Welcome Back Sir".

Urban Chic hotel, Excellent Hospitality, Good Food, Prompt Service. They have it all.
Can be a preferred choice for a budget of Rs. 5000 - 5500/ day.
This time, i went to the pool. It was big in size with a trainer cum coach too. GYM too is worth visiting

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank smfaisal
Dear Mr. Faisal,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to stay again at Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad. Providing an excellent stay experience is our reason to be. We are indeed happy that you had an excellent stay experience.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Was a splendid celebration for m wife's birthday at the grill. Thanks to Mr. Gautam who had well taken care of every thing to make the evening special. Even thought there were some last minute requests to have ordered some specialty pure vegetarian food.. was handled perfectly by the chefs and staff.!

A beautiful package with lots of food, mock-tails and desserts were one of the best gourmet dishes we had at Taj Vivanta. Me & my wife had nice moments there.Thank you so much, we shall really recommend to our friends as a must dine-in spot.! Cheers !! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlokeAnand
Dear Mr. Anand,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to celebrate this very special occasion at The Grill, Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad. Providing an excellent stay & dining experience is our reason to be. We are indeed happy to know that you had an delightful evening and my team joins me in thanking you for giving us this opportunity.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had planned a Reception party in Vivanta Taj Begumpet (Imperia Hall), but to my surprise this was the worst service provided by Taj Hotels. Let me brief you in short I had contacted Mr.Vijay from the Banquet section 3months in advance and booked the hall, but after the confirmation I was never able to meet him again as he was moved to Taj Krishna Banjara Hills. This is when I had met Mr.Tushar from the Banquet section but customer Service was worst from him. He is such a busy person that he did not have time to update his customers nor work with them. When the function was about to start I was surprised that the hall was still not setup and I had to check with everyone about the status and atlast had spoke to Mr.Akhilesh who had then arranged at 8.00pm, whereas the function had to start at 7.30pm and starters were served at 8.15pm. I would say only onething if you are going to arrange a happy and a memorable functions with family or friends, then would suggest never to opt for Vivanta by Taj hyderabad as you will be really disappointed.

Having said all the above, i would like to admit that the Hotel is the best in the twin cities for accomadation and food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank siri1806
VBTBegumpet, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Siri,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

At the onset let me apologise to you on behalf of my team for not living up to your expectations on your recent visit to our hotel. Let me assure you that we have taken your feedback very sincerely and will not leave anything to better our services and live up to the esteemed expectations of our most valued patrons, such as you. It is our endeavour at the Vivanta by Taj to provide our patrons seamless, convenient and world-class services.
However, on this occasion we have fallen short of your expectations. I urge you to please treat this as an aberration in isolation and give us another opportunity to serve you. I will personally ensure that your stay along with the food and beverage experiences is taken care off, in the true spirit of Taj Hospitality.
We look forward to welcoming you at the Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet once again and please let me know if I can be of any help during your visit. Assuring you of our best services and fullest attention always.

Warm regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

One night stay on a flying visit to Hyderabad. Vivanta staff were very welcoming, overwhelming most times. Accommodation was fine, but the new flyover being built right outside the hotel made traffic very interesting. Food was OK, but service slow for the evening meal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Katrina,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad, providing excellent stay experience is our reason to be. However let me apologise to you on the behalf of my team for not living up to your expectations on your recent visit to our hotel. Let me assure you that we have taken your feedback very sincerely and will not leave anything to better our services and live up to the esteemed expectations of our most valued patrons, such as you, on your future visits. It is our endeavour at the Vivanta by Taj to provide our patrons seamless, convenient and world-class services. However, at this occasion we have fallen short of your expectations.I urge you to give us an opportunity to demonstrate the service levels we are known for. I will personally ensure that your stay along with the food and beverage experiences is treated with utmost care.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet once again and please let me know if I can be of any help at Hyderabad on any of your visits.
Assuring you of our best services and fullest attention always.

Warm regards,